• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Toonami is doing good

Chris

Old Coot
Wait, not only did Turner remove its channels from Dish (therefore barring me from watching CN and Adult Swim), but it also affected Toonami as a whole?
Toonami's basically being done via the Adult Swim group's own free will and free time. Even so, they still work as a part of Cartoon Network. So whatever budget cuts Turner does to CN affects everyone working for the network, including the Adult Swim group.

Also, excuse me while I bang my head on my desk from seeing people complain about Bleach not being rerun. They seriously want a rerun of all 366 episodes. A worse idea than those wanting the original 291 episodes of DBZ to air again on Toonami.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Now it seems that some of the movies Toonami will air in December will be reruns from last year. All of the shows they've picked up this year + budget cuts from Turner have limited their choices for movies this year. I figure they'll go with 2 reruns, 2 new movies. Akira and Summer Wars are probably the most likely to be the reruns.

I can't imagine 1 of the new movies not being Battle of Gods, but I have no idea what the last movie could be besides FMA: Sacred Stone of Milos, but I'm not sure how to feel about that if they are rerunning 2 movies with Conqueror of Shamballa airing last year.

I think there were implications that Toonami wants to show Eva 3.33 once Funimation finally completes fixing the dub of it. It's been delayed for nearly a year so it's got to be nearly done.

My sure bets for movies would be Battle of Gods and 3.33, Sacred Star of Milos taking a third spot if one opens.

voicerocker

Platinum Master
Looks like Bleach IS rerunning, though not from the beginning.

11:30PM - Attack on Titan (reruns)
12:00AM - Dragon Ball Z Kai
12:30AM - Naruto Shippuden
1:00AM - One Piece
1:30AM - Gurren Lagann
2:00AM - InuYasha: The Final Act
2:30AM - Bleach (reruns: start point tbd)
3:00AM - Space Dandy
3:30AM - Cowboy Bebop
4:00AM - FMA Brotherhood
4:30AM - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
5:00AM - Big O (season 2)
5:30AM - Samurai Jack

This will be the schedule for the rest of the year until they announce the month of movies list. Also, Jason DeMarco said in a Reddit AMA that they will try to get the rights to Hellsing Ultimate Parts 9 and 10 and get them on the air as soon as they can.

Vernikova

Champion
They can probably get rid of Bleach like they did with Naruto if they manage to get something else.

Poke Trainer J

Dragon Ball Z Kai is going to be a trainwreck on Toonami just like it was on Nicktoons which is why I strongly prefer the original English Dub by FUNimation and Pioneer/Ocean Group. The heavy amount of censorship and editing on Kai doesn't do the franchise any justice whatsoever especially with the absence of Bruce Faulconer and some of the original voice actors, I'd love to see DBZ: Battle of Gods get aired on Toonami even though it's already available on blue-ray.

Rio!

Composer
Toonami has become nothing to me...since CN was removed from Dish. I pretty much liked to watch CN at night as it had something to see.

Oh man, sorry to hear that.
This is why I ended up with DirecTV basic package. =/

Dragon Ball Z Kai is going to be a trainwreck on Toonami just like it was on Nicktoons which is why I strongly prefer the original English Dub by FUNimation and Pioneer/Ocean Group. The heavy amount of censorship and editing on Kai doesn't do the franchise any justice whatsoever especially with the absence of Bruce Faulconer and some of the original voice actors, I'd love to see DBZ: Battle of Gods get aired on Toonami even though it's already available on blue-ray.

For some reason I was under the impression that there was going to be a continuation after the Cell Saga, bleh.
That was my bad. x.x

At least Final Act is going to go ahead and finally air. XD

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Looks like Bleach IS rerunning, though not from the beginning.

11:30PM - Attack on Titan (reruns)
1:00AM - One Piece
1:30AM - Gurren Lagann
2:00AM - InuYasha: The Final Act
2:30AM - Bleach (reruns: start point tbd)
3:00AM - Space Dandy
3:30AM - Cowboy Bebop
4:00AM - FMA Brotherhood
4:30AM - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
5:00AM - Big O (season 2)

This will be the schedule for the rest of the year until they announce the month of movies list. Also, Jason DeMarco said in a Reddit AMA that they will try to get the rights to Hellsing Ultimate Parts 9 and 10 and get them on the air as soon as they can.

I'm not really crazy about this schedule. There's too many reruns, they couldn't have added something else?

Chris

Old Coot
I'm not really crazy about this schedule. There's too many reruns, they couldn't have added something else?
Cartoon Network just had some budget cuts due to Turner. Not helping that the network is also no longer on Dish. Remember, the Adult Swim folks are working with what they can. CN isn't providing them much for Toonami. Besides, we're at the end of the year. It's crazy enough that they were able to not only get Kai and Gurren Lagann, but manage to snatch InuYasha: Final Act right as they ran into a problem with Hellsing.

voicerocker

Platinum Master
Toonami has announced their Month of Movies for this year, and it looks like the effort to get Hellsing Ultimate Parts 9 and 10 on the air ASAP worked. There will be 2 movies each night (Hellsing is counted as a movie)

December 6th - Hellsing Ultimate Part 9, Summer Wars
December 13th - Hellsing Ultimate Part 10, Fullmetal Alchemist - The Sacred Star of Milos
December 20th - Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan, AKIRA
December 27th - Evangelion 1.11, Evangelion 2.22

I probably won't watch the Eva movies again, or Summer Wars or AKIRA. I might though. At least now I can finish Hellsing Ultimate and see the FMA Brotherhood movie. And the DBZ fan in me has wanted Broly on Toonami for a while (minus Bio-Broly).

voicerocker

Platinum Master
Summer Wars is a delight to watch. It combines family values with internet.

I couldn't help but think of the Digimon movie while watching this, and while I'd say Summer Wars did tell the story better, it felt like a rerun. The movies are so similar that I felt like I had seen it before. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's bad, but I think I enjoyed the other movies more last year. I should probably watch it again.

Poke Trainer J

At least Final Act is going to go ahead and finally air. XD

I thought InuYasha: The Final Act was a rerun previously aired on Adult Swim before Toonami came back.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
I thought InuYasha: The Final Act was a rerun previously aired on Adult Swim before Toonami came back.

That was the old InuYasha. InuYasha: Final Act is brand new to the US (though did aired in Japan in 2009), continuing where the final episode of the old InuYasha left off. So, Final Act was never aired on Adult Swim, that is, until November 15 of this year.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
That was the old InuYasha. InuYasha: Final Act is brand new to the US (though did aired in Japan in 2009), continuing where the final episode of the old InuYasha left off. So, Final Act was never aired on Adult Swim, that is, until November 15 of this year.
It may not exactly be new but I am glad that the dub is finally seeing the light of day. Toonami felt weird without at least one InuYasha around.

DBZ Kai is an ok choice but it kind of screams rerun. Might as well of just shown the old dub from years ago that had the super slow pacing. (I miss some of those bgm's)

Last edited:

Torpoleon

DBZ Kai is an ok choice but it kind of screams rerun. Might as well of just shown the old dub from years ago that had the super slow pacing. (I miss some of those bgm's)
At least they have it now so then they could air the Buu saga in the hopefully not so distant future.

voicerocker

Platinum Master
The first schedule for 2015 has been revealed. Final Act moves up and Deadman Wonderland returns. And Bebop will start back at Ep.1 in HD.

11:30PM - Attack on Titan
1:00AM - InuYasha: The Final Act
1:30AM - One Piece
2:00AM - Gurren Lagann
2:30AM - Deadman Wonderland
3:00AM - Bleach
3:30AM - Space Dandy
4:00AM - Cowboy Bebop
4:30AM - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, 2nd GIG
5:00AM - IGPX

Vernikova

Champion
Deadman doesn't really add anything. I liked some parts, though.