• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Toonami is doing good

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Apparently, episode 10 of that season is so bad that nobody wants to be credited for it. Boy, I can't wait to see why.
So it's become an Alan Smithee'd anime? That's even more amazing.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
AoT is set to end on May 1st, and so will Demon Slayer's reruns.

171431601_2689563688001128_4859353627863409186_n.jpg

In their places, MHA Season 5 premieres (albeit Funimation is already streaming dubbed episodes), while AoT's Final Season reruns replace Demon Slayer's.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Aaand then, next week after the above, Fire Force ends its run and fails to secure a rerun spot.

Ezgo092WUAQ2aUh

But in its place, Dr. Stone returns with The Stone Wars season. Food Wars and The Promised Neverland move a slot down.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Didn’t Naruto Shippuden already end or am I missing something? The 3:00 slot probably belongs to Boruto.

As for Attack on Titan, the midseason premiere will be sometime in December of this year or January 2022.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
So they split AoT into two parts? Ugh, I wish they would just get it over with, because I am not enjoying this season at all. They've changed the dynamic of this series so much that it's hard to follow anymore, and it doesn't help that the season began with a cold open and they backtracked with a flashback to explain how they got to that point. Now I'm just totally lost to the point where I can't tell what's a flashback and what isn't. Eren's pretty much become a villain protagonist which makes little to no sense. And they keep trying to make us sympathize with Gabi while she continually spouts racist BS against the "island devils". Now they want to drag it all out? This series is slowly and painfully limping to the finish line.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So they split AoT into two parts? Ugh, I wish they would just get it over with, because I am not enjoying this season at all. They've changed the dynamic of this series so much that it's hard to follow anymore, and it doesn't help that the season began with a cold open and they backtracked with a flashback to explain how they got to that point. Now I'm just totally lost to the point where I can't tell what's a flashback and what isn't. Eren's pretty much become a villain protagonist which makes little to no sense. And they keep trying to make us sympathize with Gabi while she continually spouts racist BS against the "island devils". Now they want to drag it all out? This series is slowly and painfully limping to the finish line.
Eren's motives changed once the people learned that the genital-less abominations weren't just that. His revenge is still the same, but he's stooped so low that he's willing to do anything to carry it out.

And they aren't trying to sell us on Gabi but rather that she behaves like a vehement Nazi unwilling to see reason despite pretty clearly seeing the atrocities her side is causing and her stupidity blinding her from reason.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Eren's motives changed once the people learned that the genital-less abominations weren't just that. His revenge is still the same, but he's stooped so low that he's willing to do anything to carry it out.

It doesn't feel like it is actually. There's been evidence from their point of view that they were fighting enemy humans for quite some time now, arguably as far back in the first season when Eren's Titan abilities first manifested. What's changed this season is he's started treating his allies like **** and now he's suddenly buddy-buddy with his brother Zeke and wants to
activate the rumbling and wipe the Eldians off the face of the Earth
. That's the character shift I don't really understand very well.

And they aren't trying to sell us on Gabi but rather that she behaves like a vehement Nazi unwilling to see reason despite pretty clearly seeing the atrocities her side is causing and her stupidity blinding her from reason.
You can say that again. Still though, they're giving her a lot of screen time and trying to explain her backstory and root for her in certain scenes, so I would say they are trying to make us sympathize with her. At the very least, she seems to be treated as another villain protagonist like Eren.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The Promised Neverland Season 2 is ending in two weeks. And in its place, we have...

197830547_2730711990552964_3410216799495465562_n.png

12:00AM – My Hero Academia
12:30AM – Dr. Stone
01:00AM – Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon
01:30AM – Food Wars!
02:00AM – Black Clover
02:30AM – Naruto: Shippuden
03:00AM – Attack on Titan
03:30AM – Dragon Ball Super

Some things important to note about Yashahime:

1) Kirby Morrow died after episode 1, so he got replaced by his friend Ian James Corlett, who voice DBZ's Goku in Saban's 1996 dub.

2) This is getting a second season that will release this Fall, so this can possibly be a long-runner.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
The Promised Neverland Season 2 is ending in two weeks. And in its place, we have...

197830547_2730711990552964_3410216799495465562_n.png

12:00AM – My Hero Academia
12:30AM – Dr. Stone
01:00AM – Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon
01:30AM – Food Wars!
02:00AM – Black Clover
02:30AM – Naruto: Shippuden
03:00AM – Attack on Titan
03:30AM – Dragon Ball Super

Some things important to note about Yashahime:

1) Kirby Morrow died after episode 1, so he got replaced by his friend Ian James Corlett, who voice DBZ's Goku in Saban's 1996 dub.

2) This is getting a second season that will release this Fall, so this can possibly be a long-runner.
It's Rumiko Takahashi, of course it's going to be a long-runner.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
July 31st has an interesting schedule.

217413549_2754542711503225_521440114188675633_n.jpg

Dr. Stone will end on the 24th, but Black Clover, despite having some dubbed episodes, will take a back seat. It's unknown if the back-to-back episodes for both MHA and Food Wars will both be new or if both will have a rerun before showing a new episode.

And for some reason, this is happening:

216718575_2754542694836560_4112277878484021415_n.jpg

Yes, it's the adult cartoon. Some say this is happening to promote The Suicide Squad movie (not the prequel simply titled "Suicide Squad" without the "The").

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Assassination Classroom Season 2 is premiering on Toonami this next Saturday at 12:30am.

The problem is, aside from Blade Runner and the usual 2 reruns at the end of the block, it's unclear what other 2 shows will fill the slots after AC.

Last edited:

corruptZ

"Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon" I still haven't seen the comic book, please any other references.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Well, at least Assassination Classroom is coming back. I really do hope they don't continue to rerun Cowboy Bebop. I've seen enough of it in the past 14 years, if I'm being honest.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Well, at least they're...trying to do something with Naruto. I suppose, since Cowboy Bebop is at the end of the block, it's not that bad.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Oh look, this thread is actually alive again.

I think this is the first time that there's nothing I actually want to watch. I could technically watch Assassination Classroom a second time, but I don't really feel like it RN. But personal tastes aside, they're really in dire straits if they only have 4 shows to fill the block RN. The new ones can't come soon enough.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
What’s toonami?
The programming block that Cartoon Network uses to air anime. It changed names for a couple of years and the time shifted a few times from being a daily thing to Saturday nights and then stopped for a couple of years until viewers demanded the return of the programming block after one night on the Adult Swim programming block.