• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Toonami losing rights to PAB?

MaskedManAbsolkid

I was thinking, since 4Kids TV makes it's UK debut early next year, do you think Toonami will have to give up rights to AB? I think it'd be for the best, but even better if it goes onto Telewest and Sky, then most people can watch Advance Battle.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Civic Avenger said:
hey, Toonami does not show AB anymore, Kids WB does.
he is talking about Toonami UK
Toonami UK air Pokemon Advanced battle.... check people's locations first, not all of us live in the USA...if we did we wouldn't be able to move!

MaskedManAbsolkid

Civic Avenger, I said it's UK debut.

Maybe when 4Kids Tv comes on, we'll be behind the US.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Why would they lose the rights to air the show just because 4Kids is dumping their crappy channel over here? A massive majority of 4Kids shows are scattered all over the place on a ton of other channels, so by that logic all of those channels would lose the rights to show all of the other 4Kids dubbed animé and cartoons.
Toonami are most likely going to keep it for a long while to come, because its obviously one of their most watched shows. The same goes for One Piece, considering they seem to be airing that a lot more recently.

MaskedManAbsolkid

I mentioned it because it's probably the only 4Kids dubbed show that stopped airing new episodes for a while. Even though Toonami airing the next episode at Christmas is logical because it's [SPOIL]Catch Snorunt![/SPOIL], it could be shown in January. Just a theory.

Kez

Hoenn Champion
Well that does sound logical, I mean about showing the next episode in January. But they could have just stuck with one episode a week then they would not have to do this. This is the first I have heard about the new 4Kids channel. Shown how much I know.

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
I think when you buy rights to pokémon seasons, you buy the whole batch, meaning that if Toonami bought episodes for Advanced Battle then they would have bought all 52 episodes of Advanced Battle.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Sharpshooter said:
I think when you buy rights to pokémon seasons, you buy the whole batch, meaning that if Toonami bought episodes for Advanced Battle then they would have bought all 52 episodes of Advanced Battle.
or maybe they only brought say 26 of the episodes.....
we will never know unless we work for toonami UK

if more channels air pokemon wouldn't 4kids get more money?

MaskedManAbsolkid

Wasn't there news months ago than Toonami would get some of the episodes until Christmas, then Sky One would get them? I mean, there's still a chance. If they get rid of PAB, Chronicles might go too, because it's been brought over to cartoon network.

F

FabuVinny

From what I've seen, Chronicles seems to still air more on Toonami.

And I never heard anything about Sky 1 getting it back. As Sharpshooter said, they already bought the whole batch.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Cartoon Network (Toonami's parent company) still has the rights, as far as I know. So the short answer would be, no they aren't losing any rights.