• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Toonami!

What did you feel when you first saw Toonami air again after so long?

• Total voters

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Well for those of you that don't know. Toonami aired this Saturday night as part of Adult Swim's April Fool's day joke into Sunday.

This thread is to discuss all the memories you have of Toonami and what watching all those shows reminded you of the good old days.

BTW If someone finds a youtube video with the marathon recorded, send me a PM with the link please.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Tom: Later...

....Why, why do you torture me!?

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Well for those of you that don't know. Toonami aired this Saturday night as part of Adult Swim's April Fool's day joke into Sunday.

This thread is to discuss all the memories you have of Toonami and what watching all those shows reminded you of the good old days.

BTW If someone finds a youtube video with the marathon recorded, send me a PM with the link please.

As awesome Toonami is, it isn't Animé.

Phantom champion Z

*from Canada*

Um, okay? I didn't see anything air on Adult Swim. I don't have that channel.

adultswim isnt a channel its cartoon networks nightime programming block aimed at the older crowd. with shows like family guy, american dad, king of the hill and other shows with "mature" themes and is anime centric on saturday nights.

Ansem1013

4768-7457-8661
was up at 4 or something channel surfing and saw Blue Submarine no 6 and was like "why is this on? I guess I'll watch a bit..." Then when it went to commercial, I saw Tom and starting freaking out like a crazy mofo. Sad that I missed DBZ...

Adult Swim is amazing. I love them even more now that they pulled this. If only it wasn't for April Fools :mad:

RLinksoul

I felt annoyance. I only found out about it around 2:15am. The schedule was a bit screwy, as Outlaw Star ended right around that time. Big O was up next, wasn't interested so I went to bed.

NarutoUzumakikun

This could just be a test and if the ratings failed they call it a prank if its true they bring it back. I did notice the Toonami section of CN.com has been back for a few weeks so yeah....not sure if they planned that far ahead for a prank. But with Cartoon Planet back idk what to think. If it truly does return it needs some new shows. Classics are fun but can't live of of them

Blum has pretty much been saying on his FB that its not his decision but CN in the long run and telling fans to contact them. If Twtter was ratings it would be amazing. It was the 3rd TT

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
adultswim isnt a channel its cartoon networks nightime programming block aimed at the older crowd. with shows like family guy, american dad, king of the hill and other shows with "mature" themes and is anime centric on saturday nights.

Yes I know that. I still didn't see anything air since I don't have the channel it's on. Clearer now?

voicerocker

Platinum Master
This doesn't feel like a simple "joke" to me. (Anyone remember the fart sounds gag from a few years back?) A lot of thought seems to have went into this for it to not mean anything at all. I'm betting this was a test to see how much response they'd get from putting it back on the air for 1 night. Judging from Twitter, EVERYONE was watching and considering they didn't advertise it at all, we may be closer than ever to seeing it brought back!

Steve Blum is still as awesome as TOM as he ever was, maybe even better with his "99 Problems" reference for Tenchi! And I'm so glad they went with a more traditional version of TOM rather than the last one. And TOM even reviewed a game for old times sake! I don't think there's a word to describe how happy I was to see the Absolution on TV again! I actually did as Steve asked and sent some feedback to Cartoon Network, something I've never done before. I think we have a good chance of seeing Toonami return!

And seeing this on TV again gave me chills: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJkGa3CEa1c

NarutoUzumakikun

This doesn't feel like a simple "joke" to me. (Anyone remember the fart sounds gag from a few years back?) A lot of thought seems to have went into this for it to not mean anything at all. I'm betting this was a test to see how much response they'd get from putting it back on the air for 1 night. Judging from Twitter, EVERYONE was watching and considering they didn't advertise it at all, we may be closer than ever to seeing it brought back!

Steve Blum is still as awesome as TOM as he ever was, maybe even better with his "99 Problems" reference for Tenchi! And I'm so glad they went with a more traditional version of TOM rather than the last one. And TOM even reviewed a game for old times sake! I don't think there's a word to describe how happy I was to see the Absolution on TV again! I actually did as Steve asked and sent some feedback to Cartoon Network, something I've never done before. I think we have a good chance of seeing Toonami return!

And seeing this on TV again gave me chills: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJkGa3CEa1c

The way Steve is responding is interesting. He is not saying. How did you like it but instead pretty much saying tell CN you want it and there is a good chance it could happen. Does he know something we don't? I think CN should drop AS and just air a Toonami block. I feel AS has dropped in quality over the years. Just my thought.

voicerocker

Platinum Master
The way Steve is responding is interesting. He is not saying. How did you like it but instead pretty much saying tell CN you want it and there is a good chance it could happen. Does he know something we don't? I think CN should drop AS and just air a Toonami block. I feel AS has dropped in quality over the years. Just my thought.

The Toonami fanbase is supposed to be massive and extremely loyal. That's why I think they wanted to see just how faithful the Toonami Faithful really are.

And yes, I think there might be a sort of plan or deal behind the scenes. I bet that they decided that if they got high enough ratings and enough positive feedback from the fans, they'd try to bring it back. That's why Steve has repeatedly sent the link to the Cartoon Network feedback page out. Someone claimed that Toonami was only just recently added back to the "topics" list. Why would they be taking feedback for a block that no longer exists if it is supposed to be gone forever and not coming back? Sounds like this goes a little beyond just being an April Fools gag.

I doubt they'll completely get rid of Adult Swim because it has managed to save several series before. (I was told Family Guy was almost canceled until AS aired it. As well, Futurama) Maybe in a twist of irony, AS will "save" Toonami as well! Besides, they already use Saturday nights for anime, why not give Toonami that night? It'll probably still be more popular than the regular AS shows anyway.