• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Top 10 Best Coordinators

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Pokemon wasn't my childhood though. I started watching it when i was like 17 with XY, so yeah serena was my first gal and i'd say i have a soft spot for her. That's not the case with may though.

Also i remember reading somewhere that DP was your first anipoke series? it's obvious why you like her and being 'well written' has nothing to do with it.
Jesus Christ your assumptions are infuriating. So what if DP was my first anipoke series? I've rewatched it multiple times including watching it in its entirety 2 years ago so it's pretty freaking fresh to me
Dawn WAS well written. She had her motivation, had her proper rivals, proper focus, applied strategies to all her contests, wasn't given plot armor and cheap victories, had her fair share of losses and a proper depression arc, and came full circle in the end while still having a great personality and chemistry with every character, not to mention her struggles with her own mons
Saying people only like Dawn coz of nostalgia is dumb af

Morax

King of heroes
Jesus Christ your assumptions are infuriating. So what if DP was my first anipoke series? I've rewatched it multiple times including watching it in its entirety 2 years ago so it's pretty freaking fresh to me
Dawn WAS well written. She had her motivation, had her proper rivals, proper focus, applied strategies to all her contests, wasn't given plot armor and cheap victories, had her fair share of losses and a proper depression arc, and came full circle in the end while still having a great personality and chemistry with every character, not to mention her struggles with her own mons
Saying people only like Dawn coz of nostalgia is dumb af
The desperation in this post, LMAO. Are you trying to convince me or yourself?

>quality = popularity
by that logic serena is better than dawn, wouldn't you agree? XD

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
The desperation in this post, LMAO. Are you trying to convince me or yourself?

>quality = popularity
by that logic serena is better than dawn, wouldn't you agree? XD
The hell is even your point lol?
"Desperation" in the post. You seem salty people like Dawn
When did I even say quality is equal to popularity in my post, are you grasping at any straws to go in circles? Saying people like Dawn only coz of nostalgia is still dumb as hell

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
May was fine and I enjoy her character/agree she’s underrated but I don’t think she had nearly as much enticing character moments as Dawn.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I've never disagreed with a Pokemon related list more than I do with this one. Why would anybody think Nando deserves Top 5? What did he do that was so impressive other than almost beating Zoey one time? And why was Solidad ranked so low below even Jessie?

Even when he defeated zoey first time zoey was also a new coordinator.

So Zoey is inexperienced then right?Why do you have her two spots above May?
at that time Zoey didn't have the 5 ribbons
But you just said Zoey was inexperienced.
Wallace Cup Zoey isnt Top Coordinator Zoey

Ash was nerfed and didn't bring his reserves against Cameron so that was a terrible example.Sawyer got one little victory over Ash right?But for the most part Ash was ahead of him.
Maybe it was a bad example but there are trainer who in their first adventure do better than others with a lot of experience, I mean, after all Final Sawyer is stronger than Hoenn League Ash even with Charizard.

Have you seen the battle between Nando and Zoey? It was a show of strategy after strategy, putting Harley on top of Nando is a crime for me.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Maybe it was a bad example but there are trainer who in their first adventure do better than others with a lot of experience, I mean, after all Final Sawyer is stronger than Hoenn League Ash even with Charizard.
KL Sawyer beats HL Ash's regional team but he would have to really work to beat a team that would not only consist of Charizard but also Snorlax,Bulbasaur and Squirtle.The last 2 slots can be filled by either Swellow,Pikachu or Glalie.There's no way Sawyer is walking out the victor without relying on Mega Evolution.
Have you seen the battle between Nando and Zoey? It was a show of strategy after strategy, putting Harley on top of Nando is a crime for me.
If it was purely about strategy when ranking these coordinators then Robert and Solidad would be below both Nando and Zoey.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Based on the actual winners of the three Grand Festivals we saw, Robert, Solidad, and Zoey are definitely in the top 3. I'm gonna rank them by using the game ranks for easier distinctions.

Master Class
1. Robert
2. Solidad
3. Zoey

Hyper Class
4. May
5. Dawn

Super Class
6. Nando
7. Drew
8. Jessie

Normal Class
9. Ursula
10. Harley

I'm not gonna include Kenny in the Top 10 because he made such a rookie mistake in the Grand Festival that he didn't even pass the appeals. Plus he never really cared too much about the contests and was just in it for Dawn's attention.

Ursula and Harley are talented but their pettiness and overconfidence in themselves often leads to their downfall.

Jessie barely makes the list to Hyper Class and that's only because she made it to the Top 4. She definitely was the weakest link there and only made it that far because other characters were taken out first.

Weirdly enough, I think Drew is talented but I think Nando has the better combinations and themes. Drew's team has weird selections and he tries too hard to be "cool." Nando vs Zoey in the GF was one of the best contest battles we ever saw, but as we saw with Ash vs Nando, Nando's very passive attitude leaves a bit to be desired in terms of battling prowess. His appeals are much better.

May and Dawn are in the Hyper Class due to main character status and sometimes got far due to plot armor but they improved a lot in their journeys. May has a slight edge against Dawn just based on experience and team selection. May is the better battler but Dawn is definitely flashier. Dawn prepares her combinations and is meticulous in training. May is better at thinking on her feet and can come up with some unorthodox plays.

Then leaves the top 3, the actual Top Coordinators. Zoey is the weakest of the three. Solidad is strong but Robert seemed almost unbeatable iirc.