• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Top 10 strongest Attacks of Ash Pokemon

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So there are threads about ranking Ash Pokemon and Ash full Battles, why not make a thread about Ash Pokemon strongest attacks.

I do believe strongest attacks don't always come from strongest Pokemon.

To give an example, I don't see Sirfetch'd in Ash top 10 Pokemon whilst his Meteor Assault can be in the top 10 strongest attacks.

Feel free to share your thoughts:)

Greninja’s GOWS is not in the top 10 (did literally nothing) heck even it’s regular WS isn’t in the top ten
1. The Nuke (10MV) literally broken
BIG GAP
2. Aura Bond Phenomenon Giant Aura Sphere
BIG GAP
3. Pikachu Thunderbolt
4. Sceptile Leaf Blade
5. Charizard Seismic Toss

DayQuil95

Not counting gimmicks or abilities:

1. Lucario's Reversal at 1HP. Arguably Lycanroc Counter, depends on the opposing move.
2. Sirfetch'd's Fully-Powered Meteor Assault.
3. Infernape's Flare Blitz.
4. Sceptile's Solar Beam.
5. Dragonite's Draco Meteor.
6. Dracovish's Fishious Rend / Dragon Rush.
7. Pikachu's Thunderbolt / Charizard's Flamethrower / Lucario's Aura Sphere.
8. Charizard's Flamethrower / Lucario's Aura Sphere. / Pikachu's Thunderbolt.
9. Lucario's Aura Sphere / Pikachu's Thunderbolt / Charizard's Flamethrower.
10. Hypothetical Incineroar's Darkest Lariat.

Tier 1 - Recoil Moves / Sacrifice Moves / Situational Moves (Meteor Assault, Reversal, Flare Blitz, Counter). These moves are always depicted as the strongest moves that are used to either finish a battle or significantly weaken the opponent, even if the difference between both battlers is quite huge, case in point being Lucario's Reversal against Garchomp, Infernape's Flare Blitz against Electivire, and Sirfetch'd's Fully-Powered Meteor Assault against Garchomp and Mega Altaria.

In every single one of these cases, the moves were so powerful that the Pokemon by the end of their battles barely could move, Infernape couldn't join the fight against Tobias, Lucario could barely walk, and Sirfetch'd was completely out of energy. As for why Counter is here, it's one of the situational moves that can have as much power as a Bullet Punch, and as much power as a Fully-Powered Meteor Assault at the same time, so theoretically a high-end Counter would have twice as much power as these moves, but again, it's very situational.

Tier 2 - Charged Moves / All-Out Attacks (Solar Beam, Draco Meteor, Fishious Rend, Dragon Rush). These moves, while spammable to a degree, still are portrayed as having more firepower than the likes of Thunderbolt or Flamethrower, as they require some charging time, and if successful the results will be devastating to the point of being potential finishers, but not to the degree of the moves in Tier 1. Some might argue that Sceptile's Leaf Blade is superior as it finished Darkrai, but Solar Beam was consistently portrayed as the one move that it went for when finishing an opponent or firing all of its power, while Leaf Blade was the most effective option against an opponent of Darkrai's speed.

Some examples of usage to show how monstrous in power these moves can be include Sceptile's Solar Beam against Deoxys and Spenser's Claydol, Dragonite's Draco Meteor against Iris's Haxorus, Dracovish's Fishious Rend against Steven's Metagross, and Dracovish's Dragon Rush against Drasna's Noivern and Cynthia's Roserade.

Tier 3 - Spammable Powerful Moves (Thunderbolt / Flamethrower / Aura Sphere / Darkest Lariat). These moves can be used by the battlers whenever they want, at the maximum cost of some energy-draining which can be recovered through the course of the battle, they're usually the Pokemon's to-go move when starting a battle, and are more often than not present throughout members of the entire species, such as Pikachu's, Incineroar's, and Charizard's cases. Since these moves don't require some kind of colossal sacrifice on the Pokemon's part, or even charging time in order to use them to their full power, but still showcase enough power to put down powerful opponents.

Some examples of these move's powers are Pikachu's Thunderbolt throughout the entire anime, Charizard's Flamethrower tieing with Articuno's moves in power, as well as melting the field around him and Blastoise, Lucario's Aura Sphere finishing Volkner's Luxray and tieing with Cynthia's Garchomp Scale Shot, and a hypothetical Darkest Lariat from Incineroar would be supposedly as powerful as Kukui's Incineroar's Darkest Lariat, which was enough to tie with Pikachu's moves in power, and one-shot Kiawe's Marowak.

As for why I didn't use Greninja's Water Shuriken: I never saw that move in its base form as some kind of powerful move comparable to the ones stated above, it's definitely spammable, but it would most likely fall under a supposed Tier 4 of Spammable Moves, without the powerful part being considered, I always saw Greninja in his base form as more of a strategic fighter that while holds good firepower, is more adept to fighting like an actual ninja, by aiming for the opponent's weak points, avoiding as much damage as possible, and using his not powerful but fast attacks in creative ways, rather than being powerhouses that are mostly focused on destruction and firepower like Infernape or Charizard.

Ash-Greninja's powered Water Shuriken would definitely fall in the upper tiers though, with the base one being in Tier 3, the one used against Sawyer's Mega Sceptile in Tier 2, and the one used against Mega Charizard X's possibly even falling under Tier 1, as it was supposedly comparable in power to Blast Burn, which would easily be a Tier 1 move. And do note that I'm using these moves not considering their powers in the games themselves, but rather with how they are portrayed in the anime, which makes it significantly funnier to determine their powers.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Lucario's Reversal at very low HP, Lycanroc's counter to a very strong attack, Pikachu's Volt Tackle, Sirfetchd's Meteor Assault, Charizard's Sesimic Toss, Infernape's Blaze powered Flare Blitz, Greninja's BS powered Shurikens, Dracovish's Dragon Rush and Dragonite's Draco Meteor are the only ones that fall into the category imo. Case for Sceptile's Solar Beam can be made. Makes sense as these were the only 'high game tier' moves Ash's mons knew mixed with some anime crazy ones. Ash's specialty mainly lied on move usage, not move power

Strongest of them all ever has to be easily Pikachu's 10MV Z move. A case for Leon's Charizard's G Max Wildfire can be made as well

DayQuil95

Where would you have Charizard's Seismic Toss ranked at if he still had it?
I'd put it in Situational or Sacrifice, considering Charizard's Seismic Toss is implied to do as much damage to himself as to his opponents, so most likely Tier 1, the momentum Charizard gains from spinning while flying, combined with his full-speed charge straight into the ground where he combines his weight, brute force, and airspeed with whatever move comes to his mind would easily make it one of the most devastating moves, and one of the few physical ones of the ones I mentioned. So, with all of that in mind, most likely somewhere from 4th to 2nd place, depending on many circumstances, but at its maximum potential, it's at 2nd.

TurboAceK

In all of the anime, excluding the z moves and Dynamax moves
No particular order in strength

1. Pikachu Volt Tackle (Was the ultimate finishing move)
  2. Charizard Seismic Toss (iconic)
  3. Sirfetch’d Meteor Assault (OP)
  4. Lucario Ash-Aura boosted Aura Sphere (the one vs Raihan was huge)
  5. Greninja Battle Bond Water Shuriken (the one against Alain otherwise the one against Sawyer)
  6. Goodra’s Bide (when it hits I think has always KO’d)
  7. Infernape Blaze boosted Flare Blitz/Flamethrower (Blaze boosted fire attacks so both look powerful)
  8. Sceptile’s Overgrow Solar Beam (one of his strongest Pokémon strongest attack with a boost)
These I think have cases but mostly due to the Pokémon using them or the move connected used so hard for me to pick 9-10
  • Dragonite Draco Meteor (strong Pokémon strong move, KO’d champion ace)
  • Dracovish Dragon Rush/Fischious Rend (strong Pokémon strong move, beat E4 Pokémon)
  • Gible Draco Meteor (homing properties, praised by Tobias )
  • Snorlax Hyper Beam/Body Slam (strong move with strong Pokémon)
  • Staraptor Brave Bird (strong bird with strong attack)
  • Torterra hypothetical Energy Ball boosted Leaf Storm (the energy ball boost had Grotle battling a frontier brain, Torterra would arguably make it stronger)
  • Swellow Aerial Ace (arguable ace strongest move)
  • Heracross Megahorn (strong Pokémon strong move)
  • Pikachu Thunderbolt (ole reliable)
  • Lycanroc Stone Edge (Ace strongest move)
  • Pignite Flame Charge
  • Buizel Ice Aqua Jet (cool, varying results)
  • Bulbasaur Solar Beam
  • Gengar Shadow Ball
  • Krookodile Dig
  • Lucario Reversal
  • Lycanroc Counter
  • Incineroar Fire Blast
  • Melmetal Double Iron Bash
  • Naganadel Dragon Pulse
  • Charizard Overheat
  • Sceptile Leaf Blade
  • Hawlucha Flying Press

I’m leaning towards Dragonite’s Draco Meteor, and Dracovish’s Dragon Rush/Fischious Rend because of Journeys if I had to pick

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Blazernape's Turquoise Flare Blitz, Mega Lucario's Gigant Boosted Aura Sphere, Pikachu's 1 Million Volt Thunderbolt and Ash-Greninja's Orange Water Shuriken.

AJ97

I do believe strongest attacks don't always come from strongest Pokemon.
The strength of an attack can only be as strong as the User. So it would be rational to assume all of the strongest attacks do come from Ash's strongest Pokemon.

As for the strongest attack Ash has used to date, it would the Aurasphere in the Cynthia fight.
The reason is because, Max Moves in General are supposed to be substantially stronger than regular attacks and are so powerful that they can't even be blocked entirely.

Lucario straight up overpowered a Max Move with an attack that was 2X ineffective by Type against the Max attack and 4X ineffective against the Pokemon using it.
The 10MV Pikachu used against Steven was the closest candidate; however, since the full impact of the attack wasn't felt, I'm gonna assume the attack wasn't 100% executed. Hence, making it a weaker attack.

The strength of an attack can only be as strong as the User. So it would be rational to assume all of the strongest attacks do come from Ash's strongest Pokemon.

As for the strongest attack Ash has used to date, it would the Aurasphere in the Cynthia fight.
The reason is because, Max Moves in General are supposed to be substantially stronger than regular attacks and are so powerful that they can't even be blocked entirely.

Lucario straight up overpowered a Max Move with an attack that was 2X ineffective by Type against the Max attack and 4X ineffective against the Pokemon using it.
The 10MV Pikachu used against Steven was the closest candidate; however, since the full impact of the attack wasn't felt, I'm gonna assume the attack wasn't 100% executed. Hence, making it a weaker attack.
Not the 10MV against Tapu Koko or the GOWS? (Who am I kidding that last attack did absolutely nothing and was hypebait) :(