• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Top 2 saddest game moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I'm kinda surprised not to see this mentioned anytime before this. That being when the moon destroying Termia in Majora's Mask if ya didn't stop it before it happened. It's kinda sading when you just see all the characters that you have came to known in the past tree days getting destroyed by at the moon. That's about it that I can think of right now except that I also agree with that the end of the forth generation Mystery Dungeon games would also be one of the saddest game moments.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
When bill sacrifices himself in Left For Dead it's really sad. Even if it was a noble cause, it's still sad.

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
I only really play Pokemon, Mario and Final Fantasy. So my two choices will pretty much have to be Final Fantasy, so here goes!

1) Final Fantasy VII - Aerith's death. This was such a sad moment. By far the saddest I've ever experienced in a game. Throughout the story, they make you love this sweet and innocent girl, and all she wants is to make the world a better place, even after her own life was so tragic. She also playfully flirted with the main character, Cloud, which was cute. While praying to once again help the world, the antagonist Sephiroth appears from the sky and strikes her with his blade. RIP Aerith. :'(

2) Final Fantasy X - The truth that no one wanted to believe. A summoner, Yuna, was needed to defeat Sin, a huge monster who would kill thousands of people wherever it appeared. The main character, Tidus, falls in love with Yuna, yet she still seemed distant from him. It was only till later on in the game that Tidus gets told that in order to defeat Sin, Yuna as a summoner will sacrifice herself. This lead to quite the emotional scene, definitely saddening. ):

xKatie0391

The end of Red Dead Redemption I had tears in my eyes. Same for AC:Brotherhood at the last Cristina memory.

The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series always makes me cry, when your character "leaves" and your partner gets upset :(

Has anyone in this thread heard of spoiler tags?

The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series always makes me cry, when your character "leaves" and your partner gets upset
For instance I'm playing PMD2 and now I know my character leaves and then come back. Thanks a lot. :l

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
Has anyone in this thread heard of spoiler tags?

For instance I'm playing PMD2 and now I know my character leaves and then come back. Thanks a lot. :l

You honestly thought you'd come into a thread about sad game moments and NOT find any spoilers?

I swear that post is ALMOST spam.

To be fair though, i always say this when it comes to spoilers - i couldn't care less about them. If i accidentily spoil something for someone else, TOUGH LUCK. You took a risk when you came into this thread, mate.

ON TOPIC - definately the ending of Read Dead Redemption. John had worked so hard to get his family back, and JUST when it looks like his life is back to normal, Edgar Ross and those C*NTS show up and kill him. It was basically a MASSIVE middle finger to the player. Not just that, it was surprising for me because i had NEVER played a game where the player character dies before.

Here's another moment i think should get more recognition - Louise's death in GTA: Vice City Stories. Just when it looks like Vic and Louise are gonna get together, the Mendez brothers kidnap her and you kill a crapton of their goons before reaching an unconcious Louise and Lance in one of the mansion's rooms. Both are alive, but Louise dies in Vic's arms. Then Lance wakes up and EPICALLY FAILS at trying to cheer Vic up, but his attempt is so stupid that it's sad, and doesn't change the mood at all. One of the things that makes this scene so sad is that there's NO SOUND AT ALL.

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
ON TOPIC - definately the ending of Read Dead Redemption. John had worked so hard to get his family back, and JUST when it looks like his life is back to normal, Edgar Ross and those C*NTS show up and kill him. It was basically a MASSIVE middle finger to the player. Not just that, it was surprising for me because i had NEVER played a game where the player character dies before..

I read somewhere that even though Edgar Ross killed John, he wasn't even the bad guy. It was Nate Johns, the Governor, who arranged everything and the killings of everyone. So in the end, you don't get revenge or redemption. You get false closure.

Another sad part is in Arkham Asylum when you have to battle Scarecrow, he messes up your mind and makes you seem like you're young again and see your parents get killed. It's always sad seeing things like that.

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
1. Red Dead Redemption-John Marston gives his life so his family can live in peace though his son avenges him.
2. Call of Duty Black Ops-After planting the russian flag over Berlin and becoming a hero, Dimitri Petrenko became a pawn for Dragovichs mission and had to bring Steiner to him and then help discover nova 6 where he would be repaid by being gassed to death. He cheated death so many times and as Reznov said 'Dimitri Petrenko was a hero. He deserved a hero's death'.
I read somewhere that even though Edgar Ross killed John, he wasn't even the bad guy. It was Nate Johns, the Governor, who arranged everything and the killings of everyone. So in the end, you don't get revenge or redemption. You get false closure.

Another sad part is in Arkham Asylum when you have to battle Scarecrow, he messes up your mind and makes you seem like you're young again and see your parents get killed. It's always sad seeing things like that.
Nate Johns huh? HE MUST DIE AND PAY!!!

Arkham Asylum was a good game and the scarecrow really hurt the player in the second nightmare. Playing as Bruce wayne as a kid hugging his dead parents and then listening to the commissioner and the other policeofficer was really bad for Bruce. I hope he is in the sequel which looks even darker, longer and better. Arkham City is looking excellent with the villains including Two Face, Ratcatcher and Mr Freeze.

Last edited:

AwesomeSauce117

Nostalgia Addict

trfan

The 'Weird' One
Aerith dying, I know it isn't cool to mention that scene anymore, but it really was genuinely heart-breaking at least for me.

In Final Fantasy X where Yuna spends the whole game on a pilgrimage to sacrifice herself for the safety of the world but she finds a way to save both herself and Spira, but at the end Tidus disappears and so Yuna loses the one thing that meant the most to her *sniffle*... love.

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it

Good point, i completely forgot about that. It ain't just that scene though, he f*cks with your head throughout most of the game, that's just the most memorable time he shows up.

Oh, and don't forget about when he makes Bruce think he's found his zombified parents in bodybags in the asylum's morgue.

pokemonjeff

interested trader
I found the pre-movie to fallout 3 to be quite sad. It showed how we as man destroyed everything. And the music. The music makes it freaky O.O. Some of the other moments were probably more sad, such as watching people your ingame charecter loves die painfull brutal deaths x.x

Status
Not open for further replies.