• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Top 20 Most Badass Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
This list is by design and behavior, not stats. This list has no genwunner-aspect. Let's get started.

20. Marowak-- This guy is badass at heart. He uses bones to attack, and he wears a skull as a helmet. I've always known for bones to be something associated with badasses. He may not look that cool, but the fact that he fights with bones and uses them to remember his mother is a special type of badass.

19. Lucario-- Lucario can use any of your attacks against you. Try to punch him, and unlike Mewtwo, he'll throw that back at you rather than hitting first. He is basically empathy used for fighting rather than being social, A.K.A. Dragon style Kung Fu. Don't f*ck with this guy, he's got dreads and shorts.

18. Zoroark-- This guy is sure to replace Lucario as a Smash Bro. It has an epic mane, a dark means, and a real badass color pallet. Don't f*ck with this guy either, he'll f*ck you up first.

17. Entei-- Okay, a fire lion with spikes, smoke, and a mane? Sounds badass to me. He wears a kabuto on his face to showcase his honor, and has cuffs even though he's an animal. He is a real guardian like his origin states, and he'll kick your *** if you f*ck with people he's guarding.

16. Raikou-- My personal favorite. He's a tiger with lightning stripes and a mane. Could that be any better? Yep, he has some of the biggest claws out of all Pokemon. He's not top just because he's not that bold with his actions. As far as behavior, he just doesn't stand out. But he can fly, use limited psychic powers, and is known as the legend of thunder.

15. Terrakion-- This thing's a bull with some bigass horns, and tore down a castle wall. Do you KNOW how thick castle walls are? They range, but this one sounds pretty thick.

14. Kyurem-- Congratulations, GameFreak! You've finally made an ice dragon. Only as far as I know, it's the first Pokemon to be labelled as a man-eater. It just does whatever the hell it pleases, being the absence of Yin and Yang, and is an ice dragon. Couyld you please make more, GameFreak?

13. Alakazam-- The smartest Pokemon probably, either him or Metagross (who is a robot, so he doesn't count). He has an I.Q. of 5,000, just when you thought that guy with estimated 250-300 made you feel worthless. It holds spoons because it foresaw Vanniluxe, which is really cool.

12. Charizard-- That one people obsess over and fill their teams with is only #12. Well, he wasn't even dragon-type, but still more of a dragon than Dragonite, and he IS the one who has a whole mountain for training his kind in Johto, so why not?

11. Luxray-- This thing is badass. He has X-Ray vision, a black mane that makes him anime despite his eyes, and has those stripes. This thing somehow lost to Infernape in the anime, who is based off of what he is based off of's prey, which is degrading, but LOOK AT HIM!

10. Rayquaza-- The first dragon-type oriental dragon. Awesome. He stopped a fight with two legends just be looking at them, and he's just badass. All green and sh*t.

9. Gyarados-- A sea serpent that started from the lowest class is now this. A real badass if you ask me. He introduced shinies nicely.

8. Hydreigon-- Most would put him at #1, but I wouldn't. He may eat everything he sees, and is a dragon/dark type, but he's really a jerk for the most part. There's such thing as "too badass".

7. Steelix-- Onix hands down is the underpowered thing EVER. But what if you beefed him up a lot and made him steel? You'd get Steelix.

6. Mightyena-- This thing's badass because he's a hyena, as grim looking as possible, and at the same time is loyal and obedient to a good trainer. Too bad that he's the most underpowered thing since Onix.

5. Salamence-- Dragonite is the first dragon type, and Salamence is the second dragon/flying type by Dex order,and he makes Dragonite look like a skink. Salamence is what everyone thinks of when they think of classic western dragon, not Dragonite (who looks like he's staright out of Disney).

4. Giratina-- Lucifer is now a Pokemon, and he kicks ***. Ghost AND dragon? Hell yeah!

3. Nidoking-- Sometimes known as the Metalhead Pokemon. He's a purple mammal of unknown type that kicks ***. Hell yeah.

2. Aggron-- Whoever called Nidoking the Metalhead Pokemon is a genwunner. This guy's ability can be Heavy Metal, one of his moves is Metal Sound, and he looks like something you'd see on a Black Metal album cover. He actually inspired me to get back into Pokemon, and when I played Emerald, he pwned everyone.

1. Mewtwo-- Who couldn't see this coming? Originally the strongest hands down, now a legend in every catagory he's in, whether it be villain, Pokemon, video game character, or whatever. He has awesome psychic powers, was smart from "birth", and proved to be greater than the one he was cloned from. He even taught us all a lesson in Movie 01: Mewtwo Strikes Back. Even Gary Muthaf*ckin' Oak couldn't even beat this thing. We should all agree that this thing kicks ***.

Last edited:

⊙ᴗ⊙
11. Luxray-- This thing is badass. He has X-Ray vision, a black mane that makes him anime despite his eyes, and has those stripes. This thing somehow lost to Infernape in the anime, who is based off of what he is based off of's prey, which is degrading, but LOOK AT HIM!

As cool as Luxray is, it really shouldn't feel degrading losing to something based on Sun freaking Wukong: The Monkey King who destroyed the heavens and pissed on buddha's hand.

Luxray should feel honored more than anything.

LightPokemon

im too busy in college class ATM

so yeah im gonna agree that Mewtwo was pretty dope just because of how hard it is to catch him, not really cause of his omnipotent pokemon powers

Retro-Chaos X

Psychic Aficionado
In my opinion of course:

20. Lucario
19. Giratina
18. Aggron
17. Darkrai
16. Suicine
15. Scizor
14. Gallade
13. Heracross
12. Machamp
11. Sceptile
10. Alakazam
9. Gyarados
8. Deoxys
7. Salamence
6. Gengar
5. Lugia
4. Charizard
3. Metagross
2. Rayquaza
1. Mewtwo

LightPokemon

Why do you guys like Aggron so much? o.o I have some time so let me come up with a couple...

1) Blastoise was the first starter I ever chose. I named it "BUTTBUSTER" and I literally trained it - legit - to level 100. Blastoise kicks ace and takes names.
2) Ho-Oh is my avatar, because Heart Gold made me realize that I love Ho-Oh, it reminds me of the sun in the sky. The anime cameo appearance in the first episode was also pretty mysterious and cool.
Possibly three) Hariyama is a newly acquired favorite. He appears to be fat but it's really solid muscle, how cool is that? Belly Drum is pretty pointless, but in Gen 4 I can Fling an Iron Ball during Trick Room at Psychics! =O

Retro-Chaos X

Psychic Aficionado
Why do you guys like Aggron so much?

Aggron isn't my favourite Pokemon, neither is it the most badass (very weak to ground attacks!)
However, Aggron is such a powerhouse. It has a very large movepool - it can learn attacks like Thunder, SolarBeam, Flamethrower, Brick Break and Hyper Beam. It is also one of the best defensive Pokemon in the games. Not only this, but Aggron looks like a ****ing badass! Come on look at the dude, he looks like he could seriously ****
stuff up.

LightPokemon

Aggron isn't my favourite Pokemon, neither is it the most badass (very weak to ground attacks!)
However, Aggron is such a powerhouse. It has a very large movepool - it can learn attacks like Thunder, SolarBeam, Flamethrower, Brick Break and Hyper Beam. It is also one of the best defensive Pokemon in the games. Not only this, but Aggron looks like a ****ing badass! Come on look at the dude, he looks like he could seriously ****
stuff up.

I think I like Lv. 1 Aron with Endeavor better.

^^^^ about to edit favorites list

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Wait.. wheres Arcanine?!

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
5. Salamence-- Dragonite is the first dragon type, and Salamence is the second dragon/flying type by Dex order,and he makes Dragonite look like a skink. Salamence is what everyone thinks of when they think of classic western dragon, not Dragonite (who looks like he's staright out of Disney).
Altaria would like to have a word for you.

Your lack of Kabutops or Scizor disturbs me. Though I do appreciate the lack of that poser deity they made the mistake of creating in Gen 4.

Last edited:

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Poll-esque thread and with some rather short responses, so this'll probably do better in Poképolls. *punts*

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
I find the inclusion of Luxray, Mightyena, and any 5th gen over Electivire as a mistake, but then I am quite biased. Scyther/Scizor deserve spots, as does Lugia. Entei should be higher, and Gengar deserves a spot for sure.

Then again, this is all opinion and doesn't really matter, so whatever.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
If I had my top 20, Charizard wouldn't be close.

My top 5 would be (from 5th to 1st in this order):
5: Garchomp - The lack of any mention of Garchomp in this disturbs me greatly. Apparently nobody remembered Cynthia's haxChomp that creamed Ash's rival who he took forever to beat.
4. Empoleon - Best typing ever... Okay, not as good as Water/Electric lol. But he's unique, and awesome, and IMO he's the coolest amongst the Sinnoh Starters.
3. Cobalion -Nothing much to say here. 100% cooler than Lucario IMO.
2. Dodrio - So good! It can learn Fly!
1. Vanilluxe - Because Wynaut?

arawn

Bisharp is baddass . Just imagine he walked after you in HGSS .
And then we have the most awesome looking pokemon , immortal Yveltal !

T-Bolt

Electrifying.
Bisharp is baddass . Just imagine he walked after you in HGSS .
And then we have the most awesome looking pokemon , immortal Yveltal !

Yeah dude, how could you forget Bisharp! Bisharp has steel ribs poking out of his abdomen, a badass helmet with a steel horn, and a band of minion Pawniards working for it. Bisharp just reeks badassness. Aggron is sh*t compared to Bisharp, Bisharp deserves No. 2 instead. Props on mentioning Mewtwo though, the undeniable most Badass pokemon.

Some others that should have been mentioned- Garchomp, Scrafty, Scizor (why the hell is Scizor not here?) Tyranitar, Absol and Sceptile.

And Kyurem should be changed to Kyurem-B and thrown higher on the list.

Last edited:
Here's my list.

Rather than 20 Badass Pokemon in general, I would share 20 Pokemon I felt badass because of a particular Pokemon in their species.

20 Hydreigon.: Ghetsis's Hydreigon. I have this habit of envisioning the game events in my mind. Ghetsis's Hydregion sweeping half my team, it left a lasting impression on my mind. Imagine a Hydreigon ruthlessly crunching your Serperior and roast it with a Flamethrower at a close range. It's energy will be drained by a Life Orb, but it's so insane that the pain will make it double the stronger and murder your Pokemon one after the other.

19. Terakion: A Tower of muscles. Terakion's just badass. He's brave and won't hesitate to jump into a battle. At the same time he's cheerful and likes to play around. He's light-hearted, courageous, and unselfish and has an easy going nature. He shows up his badassery when things fall into pieces. A freaking badass Pokemon in my eyes. (Source: My extension of Terakion's personality from Movie 15)

18. Scizor: His design speaks volumes. You won't even know when he punches you into oblivion with Bullet Punch. There's a reason all frail sweepers aren't OU.

17. Torterra: A Continent Pokemon? An epic Tortoise that seems like it can't do much no matter how much you hit. Wait till it lashes out it's Frenzy Plant and crumble the planet itself with its attack. No Pokemon can stand a chance against him. (Not Gameverse now, shift to animeverse: Paul's Torterra.)

16. Raikou Just watch the Raikou special. You will love him.

15.Metagross: A supercomputer that can hit like a Meteor? Metagross is badass in everyway possible. It has a mind that solves equations as fast a supercomputer. It has the brute strength that puts Tyranitar to shame. It has a powerful thick shield that can repel anything thrown at it. (From its' general features and some data from Pokedex.)

14. Salamence: The first Pokemon that comes to mind when you hear the word badass.

13. Tyranitar: Just it's title: Godzilla Pokemon. It can also be badass competitively. Sandstorm nuff said.

12. Arceus: Creator of all Pokemon? Can shift types at his will? If only his design were more badass. He would be #2 in my list.

11. Rayquaza :play RSE, watch the cutscene. Watch the movie:Destiny Deoxys. Salamence's big daddy.

10.Dialga: PMD. Primal Dialga.Nuff said. His design is amazing. He's made up of steel that never rusts with time. His body is stronger than the planet itself.

9. Staraptor: Badass design. Just love him. BRAVE BIRD! Epic Attack that suits him. That is all.

8. Lucario: Movie 8.

7.Darkrai: Movie 10

6. Zekrom: Not much explanation needed here.

5. Kyurem:: Can consume two powerful dragons and make them a part of itself? The strongest dragon on the planet? (Said in Movie 15). Kyurem is badass and he eats people.

4. Genseect: Red Genesect. Nuff said. Waiting for movie 16

3. Mewtwo: Movie 1, Movie 16. :p

2. Aggron: You all know how badass Aggron is.

And the number one BADASS Pokemon. The winner of my list is:

DP316_zps72434f2d.jpg

Rehashing my post from another thread:

Oshawott is a wanna be samurai with a kinky shell for a sword. He's brave, tough. He's a man because he goes for all the female Pokemon out there even if he gets rejected every time. He makes cash flow in the real world with his cute charming plushies. Oshawott is known for making people expect him to evolve every damn episode. But he won't because he's too bad-*** to be a dewott.

Bariokie

rock dog
Here's my list.

Rather than 20 Badass Pokemon in general, I would share 20 Pokemon I felt badass because of a particular Pokemon in their species.

20 Hydreigon.: Ghetsis's Hydreigon. I have this habit of envisioning the game events in my mind. Ghetsis's Hydregion sweeping half my team, it left a lasting impression on my mind. Imagine a Hydreigon ruthlessly crunching your Serperior and roast it with a Flamethrower at a close range. It's energy will be drained by a Life Orb, but it's so insane that the pain will make it double the stronger and murder your Pokemon one after the other.

19. Terakion: A Tower of muscles. Terakion's just badass. He's brave and won't hesitate to jump into a battle. At the same time he's cheerful and likes to play around. He's light-hearted, courageous, and unselfish and has an easy going nature. He shows up his badassery when things fall into pieces. A freaking badass Pokemon in my eyes. (Source: My extension of Terakion's personality from Movie 15)

18. Scizor: His design speaks volumes. You won't even know when he punches you into oblivion with Bullet Punch. There's a reason all frail sweepers aren't OU.

17. Torterra: A Continent Pokemon? An epic Tortoise that seems like it can't do much no matter how much you hit. Wait till it lashes out it's Frenzy Plant and crumble the planet itself with its attack. No Pokemon can stand a chance against him. (Not Gameverse now, shift to animeverse: Paul's Torterra.)

16. Raikou Just watch the Raikou special. You will love him.

15.Metagross: A supercomputer that can hit like a Meteor? Metagross is badass in everyway possible. It has a mind that solves equations as fast a supercomputer. It has the brute strength that puts Tyranitar to shame. It has a powerful thick shield that can repel anything thrown at it. (From its' general features and some data from Pokedex.)

14. Salamence: The first Pokemon that comes to mind when you hear the word badass.

13. Tyranitar: Just it's title: Godzilla Pokemon. It can also be badass competitively. Sandstorm nuff said.

12. Arceus: Creator of all Pokemon? Can shift types at his will? If only his design were more badass. He would be #2 in my list.

11. Rayquaza :play RSE, watch the cutscene. Watch the movie:Destiny Deoxys. Salamence's big daddy.

10.Dialga: PMD. Primal Dialga.Nuff said. His design is amazing. He's made up of steel that never rusts with time. His body is stronger than the planet itself.

9. Staraptor: Badass design. Just love him. BRAVE BIRD! Epic Attack that suits him. That is all.

8. Lucario: Movie 8.

7.Darkrai: Movie 10

6. Zekrom: Not much explanation needed here.

5. Kyurem:: Can consume two powerful dragons and make them a part of itself? The strongest dragon on the planet? (Said in Movie 15). Kyurem is badass and he eats people.

4. Genseect: Red Genesect. Nuff said. Waiting for movie 16

3. Mewtwo: Movie 1, Movie 16. :p

2. Aggron: You all know how badass Aggron is.

And the number one BADASS Pokemon. The winner of my list is:

DP316_zps72434f2d.jpg

Rehashing my post from another thread:

Oshawott is a wanna be samurai with a kinky shell for a sword. He's brave, tough. He's a man because he goes for all the female Pokemon out there even if he gets rejected every time. He makes cash flow in the real world with his cute charming plushies. Oshawott is known for making people expect him to evolve every damn episode. But he won't because he's too bad-*** to be a dewott.
agree with all of them ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.