• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Top 3 favorite Pokemon manga.

What are your top three favorite Pokemon manga?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Since I'm on a poll binge lately, I was thinking of adding one here to this section, too. This one, hopefully, is a little more unique than some of the others on here right now.

Basically, I'm asking for the manga fans to pick which three manga they liked the best. So, pick three of the choices in the poll. ONLY THREE. If you haven't read more than one or two series or you don't like any other than Pokemon Adventures... please don't vote. ^^;

As for me, I've read most of the known Pokemon manga (except for Zensho). But my top three favorites are actually the ones that were previously released by Viz back in the 2000s: Electric Tale of Pikachu, Pokemon Adventures, and Magical Pokemon Journey. I just can't get enough of 'em. X3

Um, also, here's a list of series for those of you that need it: Dogasu's Manga Page

And for some random excerpts and scans for various series, here's a link to the Pokemon tag page of the Livejournal comm,Scans_Daily. Beware of the crack.

RagTag

Shroomin'
I like pokemon adventures,The electric tale of pikachu and Ginji's rescue team though I wish they'd kepp the story going instead of making it a oneshot

xxBlackyxx

lol internet
Ginji's Rescue Team was pretty good. And the DP Adventure is good, too.

But of course, Pokemon Adventures kicks everyone's bootays. 8D

Merialle

Pokemon Adventures
Magical Pokemon Journey
Electric Tale of Pikachu

I only read Pokemon Adventures and Magical Pokemon Journey. But I think Electric Tale of Pikachu is nice =)

RagTag

Shroomin'
calm down staff, it's not the end of the world if someone only has 2 favorites.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
-How I Became A Pokemon Card
-Magical Pokemon Journey

...and I'm not sure about the third spot. Special would have been in there were it not for the gratutious Deus Ex Machina at the end of the RS plot.

Anyway, I like those two because they're more "slice-of-life" stories rather than the standard "trainer goes on adventures, has battles" stories. They show the lives of ordinary people in the Pokemon world, and let's face it, not everyone is going to be a world-saving hero.

Healing-D-Vision

The Road of Life
Electric Tale of Pikachu - The first Pokemon manga I ever read. I don't know, I jut liked it
Pokemon Adventures - Giving characters that were deserted by the anime their due, plus Franticshipping :p

Pokemon Pocket Monsters - Yeap, the "Scary Clefairy" one, it was actually the second Pokemon manga I read after
The Electric Tale of Pikachu. This had some of the weirdest artwork I've seen in manga, but goddammit, the story was off the wall funny. a mob boss Mewtwo and such....I never read past the R/B/Y arc, and I know they went up to R/S/E, since I saw the book at my "local" Japanese book store (never bought it though)

Hotshot

My favorites are The Electric Tale of Pikachu (the first one I ever read), Pokemon Adventure, and Ginji's Rescue Team.