• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Top 3 stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kotone

ok so after leagues there is a top 3 stand which the top three trainers go to but as ash is probably gonna lose in the semi finals will he go to the stand as the 3th place trainer? But then what about the loser of the other semi-final? Or maybe they will both go stand there cause I don't think there will be a 3rd place battle?

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Who knows? More importantly who cares?

hunt

Who knows? More importantly who cares?

What an arrogant thing to say. You could say that about anything on this board since its all just about an anime... Just because you don't care doesn't mean others feel the same way.

Anyway, I think King World touches on an interesting point. Regardless of whether Ash beats the Darkrai Trainer... there should be another battle!

Kotone

What an arrogant thing to say. You could say that about anything on this board since its all just about an anime... Just because you don't care doesn't mean others feel the same way.

Anyway, I think King World touches on an interesting point. Regardless of whether Ash beats the Darkrai Trainer... there should be another battle!

lol you mean I touch an interesting point XD

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil

Let us see at most we have 4 episodes before Best Wishes and with that amount of time Ash has to say goodbye to Brock, Paul, Barry, Dawn, and Zoey and have a battle with Gary.

hunt

lol you mean I touch an interesting point XD

Yeh, I messed up. Sorry. XD

King World said:
Let us see at most we have 4 episodes before Best Wishes and with that amount of time Ash has to say goodbye to Brock, Paul, Barry, Dawn, and Zoey and have a battle with Gary.

Yeh, you're right. There isn't enough time, but that's different to not caring. :p

Obviously the writers can get away with showing less of a third place battle but still maybe get some screen time for some of his other pokemon.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Obviously the writers can get away with showing less of a third place battle but still maybe get some screen time for some of his other pokemon.

Yes but they would probably would show at most five minutes to a third place battle if they wanted or had too. At least if there is a third place battle at all would be a few still screens devoted to the battle.

It would be great if ash could have one more battle before heading to Isshu. Like a little last hurrah of some sorts. But at the same time the DP series needs closure and Dawn departure should be given a lot of time for after she leaves, shes history.

catzeye

Writer's Block
ok so after leagues there is a top 3 stand which the top three trainers go to but as ash is probably gonna lose in the semi finals will he go to the stand as the 3th place trainer? But then what about the loser of the other semi-final? Or maybe they will both go stand there cause I don't think there will be a 3rd place battle?

They could...but it would probably be a 3-5 minute battle just showing the last 2 (or very last). I would love it if Ash made it as the 3rd place trainer. It would show that Ash is really improving.

But at the same time they could just leave it as is. Just show whoever wins and be done with it. I think that the goodbyes are a bit more important than his rankings. Dawn and Brock need closure. His rivals do too.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
I've never heard of Top 3 stand or 3rd place battle. But seriously if Ash doesn't win the league, it's redundant. I doubt he's going to win the league though since he has not called his strongest Pokemon

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
I doubt if it's necessary. It's just for the record ..

If anything, we need to see the finals of the league, no matter who will take part in it.^

Indragon

Back in the USSR
I doubt there'll be a third place battle.

But then again, I think Ash might go to the Finals and emerge runner-up.

1st place Ash
2nd place Satoshi
3rd Place Barry or Pauls Brother

WarriorX

I think Ash will lose the Semifinals and that will be the end of it. No more battles, except maybe Ash vs. Gary or something in Pallet.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I should have said explicitly I've never heard of 3rd place battle in Pokemon?

Indigo league: http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/indigo/082ps8.shtml

Bottom two pictures include a threesome of trainers atop a pedestal.

I actually thought about this minileague scenario this afternoon.. and yeah, I don't think they will, but it could just be the last showcase for some you know. Nobody wants a minifinal, but it's the last credit you can get after losing in the knock out stage. With this in mind, they'd only have to show some of the battle, as in: the only few pokemon that weren't used that were in the opening, which are: Bayleef/Totodile/Muk/Glalie/Corphish/Torkoal.

Assuming the Johto team gets Makuto, that means the latter four of that list could be in that thirdplace final. Maybe Pikachu would be knocked out from the Darkrai battle as this would be the last battle of Sinnoh, and Donphan could take it's place, but you never know.. xD

This is probably just going to end as the hope for a second dark horse trainer. But anything worth speculating about is worth a post or two, so here's my second post on the matter xD

Kotone

Indigo league: http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/indigo/082ps8.shtml

Bottom two pictures include a threesome of trainers atop a pedestal.

I actually thought about this minileague scenario this afternoon.. and yeah, I don't think they will, but it could just be the last showcase for some you know. Nobody wants a minifinal, but it's the last credit you can get after losing in the knock out stage. With this in mind, they'd only have to show some of the battle, as in: the only few pokemon that weren't used that were in the opening, which are: Bayleef/Totodile/Muk/Glalie/Corphish/Torkoal.

Assuming the Johto team gets Makuto, that means the latter four of that list could be in that thirdplace final. Maybe Pikachu would be knocked out from the Darkrai battle as this would be the last battle of Sinnoh, and Donphan could take it's place, but you never know.. xD

This is probably just going to end as the hope for a second dark horse trainer. But anything worth speculating about is worth a post or two, so here's my second post on the matter xD

omg glad someone else remembered that indigo league scene

Status
Not open for further replies.