• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Top 3 Strongest Pokemon in each League

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Ash's Strongest Pokemon for each league:
Kanto: Bulbasaur, Kingler & Muk!
Jotho: Charizard, Snorlax & Heracross!
Hoenn: Swellow, Grovyle & Glalie!
Sinnoh: Heracross, Sceptile & Infernape!
Unova: Pignite, Leavanny & Krookodile!
Kalos: Greninja, Hawlucha & Goodra!
Alola: Lycanroc, Incineroar & Naganadel!
Pikachu on life support.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
The general consensus for the Hoenn League top 3 appears to be between Metagross,Pikachu,Glalie and the overrated Puss in Boots.

Metagross has gotta be Tyson's strongest pokemon,it took out both Ash's Swellow/Grovyle and gave Pikachu some trouble before finally being KOed.Glalie had a good showing the entire time it was featured.Ash's Pikachu had a poor showing against Katie and Morrison,it's shining moment was against Tyson,it finished off his Metagross and came close to defeating his Meowth.Seeing how it was at full health when it was brought out to it should have been easier for Meowth to defeat Pikachu but instead we got a situation similar to Charizard/Blaizken at the Johto League.

Last edited:

nickdt

Ash's Strongest Pokemon for each league:
Kanto: Bulbasaur, Kingler & Muk!
Jotho: Charizard, Snorlax & Heracross!
Hoenn: Swellow, Grovyle & Glalie!
Sinnoh: Heracross, Sceptile & Infernape!
Unova: Pignite, Leavanny & Krookodile!
Kalos: Greninja, Hawlucha & Goodra!
Alola: Lycanroc, Incineroar & Naganadel!

AHAHAHAHAHAHA ROFL. Goodra? Are you kidding me. It didn't even have a win. Pikachu and Talonflame were way stronger than Goodra. Even Noivern was better because it had a draw with a Psuedo legendary. Goodra couldn't even win against an already damaged Bisharp. Goodra was his worst mon during the league (And its in his top 2 weakest mons overall, with Noivern being the weakest).

Applecorp

Goodra was his worst mon during the league (And its in his top 2 weakest mons overall, with Noivern being the weakest).

Are you basing that on their lack of wins? Because that feels a little unfair. I bet Goodra could beat more Pokemon than Scraggy or Oshawott if the writers actually gave a damn.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Are you basing that on their lack of wins? Because that feels a little unfair. I bet Goodra could beat more Pokemon than Scraggy or Oshawott if the writers actually gave a damn.

Noivern only won like 1 or 2 battles didn't it? So yeah it sucked. Goodra wasn't any better.

Ryan McGlade

If they could give Talonflame more development about itself then it would've make it to the top tier becoming an independent battler during the process & earning enormous sweeps in battles!

Last edited:

Ryan McGlade

If Incineroar did showcased in battle right actually much sooner especially in the beginning similar to Charizard here then it would've been his strongest battlers being used a lot often recently pulling a whole lot of intense fighting!
Incineroar in the 3rd ranking before Charizard & Greninja & sometimes would have match-up w/Ash's other Pokemon like Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape & Greninja!

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ryan McGlade said:
If they could give Talonflame personality & characteristics about itself then it would've make it to the top tier becoming an independent battler during the process & earning enormous sweeps in battles!

You're saying that Fiarrow having more personality would've affected its battle record in a positive way, but I'm not seeing why the two things would have to correlate. Personality doesn't necessarily increase a Pokemon's win ratio.

Epicocity

Goodra at least was above 50% of Win Rate, but still not amazing during the Kalos League
Goodra was also against the two worst opponents he could have ever faced (a Fairy Type with Flamethrower, and a bruiser with a OHKO move with Goodra not being the most nimble), so the fact he fought one to a draw and managed to damage the other enough for Greninja to oneshot it was impressive.

Not that I'm saying Goodra was Top 3 in the Kalos League. I firmly believe that was Charizard, Pikachu and Greninja, but it deserved to be mentioned.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Goodra was also against the two worst opponents he could have ever faced (a Fairy Type with Flamethrower, and a bruiser with a OHKO move with Goodra not being the most nimble), so the fact he fought one to a draw and managed to damage the other enough for Greninja to oneshot it was impressive.

Not that I'm saying Goodra was Top 3 in the Kalos League. I firmly believe that was Charizard, Pikachu and Greninja, but it deserved to be mentioned.
Plus right after the league he lasted for a good while against Lysandre

xlivid_0

Kanto: Ash's Charizard, Ash's Kingler, that Bellesprout
Johto: Ash's Charizard, Gary's Blastoise, Harrison's Blaziken
Hoenn:Tyson's Meowth, Tyson's Metagross, Ash"s Glalie
Sinnoh: Paul's Drapion, Ash's Infernape, Tobias' Darkrai
Unova: Cameron's Lucario, Cameron's Hydreigon, Virgil's Eevee
Kalos:Ash's Greninja, Alain's Charizard, Sawyer's Sceptile
Alola: Kukui's Incineroar, Tapu Koko, Ash's Pikachu

Saraneon

No particular order of placement.

Kanto
Ehhh
Ash's Kingler, Ash's Charizard and Ash's Muk. I mean, what CAN I even say lol

Johto
Harrison's Blaziken, Ash's Charizard and Gary's Blastoise

Hoenn
Tyson's Metagross, Ash's Pikachu and Ash's Glalie
Still can't believe about that Meowth... urgh

Sinnoh
Tobias's Darkrai, Ash's Infernape and Paul's Drapion/Electivire
Note: I didn't put Tobias's Latios here because why it was good, it still lost to Pikachu who (suffered some damage) lost to Paul's Electivire. So I think of Tobias's Latios = Pikachu since Swellow didn't even touch it, let alone damage it.

Unova
Ash's Krookodile, Cameron's Lucario and Virgil's Eevee
I really dislike Cameron lol... sorry dude. Not really.

Kalos
Ash's Greninja, Alain's Charizard and Sawyer's Sceptile

Alola
Didn't watch :( But I love Ash's Rowlet it's adorable lol, so plus points.

But hey, every Pokemon's cool

<3

Johto : Ash's Charizard, Harrison's Blaziken And I'm sure Jon Dickson has a very strong one
HM : Ash's Snorlax, Gary's Blastoise

Hoenn : Meowth, Swellow, Pikachu
HM :Tyson's Metagross, Morrison's Steelix

Sinnoh : Darkrai, Infernape and Sceptile
HM : Paul's Drapion, Paul's Elecivire

Unova : Some Eeveelution, Ash's Pikachu, Cameron's Hydreigon
HM : Cameron's Lucario, Trip's Serperior, Ash's Krookodile

Kalos : Trevor's Charizard
HM : Pikachu, MCX, AG, MScept, Bisharp

Alola : Tapu Koko, Ash's Pikachu, Guzma Golisopod
HM : Kukui's Incineroar, Ash's Torracat

Kalos: Alain’s MCX Ash’s Pikachu and then Ash Greninja