• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Top 3 worst pokemon designes

randomspot555

You're so right. I can't make a Pikachu, but I can take two ice cream cones and make myself a Vanilluxe right now. And can trade them to my grandma for the trash- I mean Garbodor.

You can make yourself an Exeggcute right now. What's your point? That inanimate objects or food can't be the basis for Pokemon?

I love how, on one hand, nostalgia whiners whine about Pokemon "nowadays" not being "realistic" enough and not being based off of "animals" (not that that was ever the case). So when something is based off of the real world, like Trubbish or Vanniluxe, the nostalgia whiners come out in hoards saying "WTF? GTFO Gamefreak!!!!" They also complain about Lillipup too because "its just a dog!!!!"

EDIT: Can we just have a permanent stickied thread for all the Gen 5 hate to go to?

Last edited:

pimpachu

I love how, on one hand, nostalgia whiners whine about Pokemon "nowadays" not being "realistic" enough and not being based off of "animals" (not that that was ever the case). So when something is based off of the real world, like Trubbish or Vanniluxe, the nostalgia whiners come out in hoards saying "WTF? GTFO Gamefreak!!!!" They also complain about Lillipup too because "its just a dog!!!!"

You whine a lot. And your impressions of people are real off. No one here uses that many exclamation points.

randomspot555

You whine a lot. And your impressions of people are real off. No one here uses that many exclamation points.

For someone who is such a jokester, you sure can't spot exaggeration.

But yes, those are all things people say about Gen 5. You too have said similar things.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
They also complain about Lillipup too because "its just a dog!!!!"

They also say "OH! They are running out of ideas" -_-; well excuse me people, Pokemon is based off of the real world...there are all different kinds of dogs, cats, bears, etc. just because something shares the same "base" doesn't make them equal in stats/abilities etc.

pimpachu

For someone who is such a jokester, you sure can't spot exaggeration.

But yes, those are all things people say about Gen 5. You too have said similar things.

Exaggeration isn't funny though, it just makes you look like a whiny whiner, which you are.

randomspot555

^^^ I so care about your opinion. You're the one whining about Pokemon designs, dude. I like all Pokemon.

They also say "OH! They are running out of ideas" -_-; well excuse me people, Pokemon is based off of the real world...there are all different kinds of dogs, cats, bears, etc. just because something shares the same "base" doesn't make them equal in stats/abilities etc.

Not to mention that there is more than one type of cat, more than one type of dog, more than one type of bird...hell, there's over a million different species of just ants. It makes me question if some of the nostalgia whiners see a black lab, and then see a yellow lab, and then say "Pffft, WTF nature? So unoriginal!"

Exaggeration isn't funny though, it just makes you look like a whiny whiner, which you are.

Please direct this flame war somewhere else, please. Look at the thread name, and talk about that.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Not to mention that there is more than one type of cat, more than one type of dog, more than one type of bird...hell, there's over a million different species of just ants. It makes me question if some of the nostalgia whiners see a black lab, and then see a yellow lab, and then say "Pffft, WTF nature? So unoriginal!"

LOL EXACTLY. XDD It'd also be like Flying Squirrels and Sugar Gliders "WTF?!? NATURAL SELECTION COPIED OFF OF A FLYING SQUIRREL!" When in fact one is actually a marsupial. XD

randomspot555

Brilliant! Let's email game freak and tell them to make a generation with just ant pokemon! You can be the first in line to buy it. Not to mention the only.

*phewsh* and the point flew over your head.

Brilliant.

Were you mad when, in Gen I, there were over half a dozen "bird"-based Pokemon? Didn't that make you angry? Wasn't it obvious Game Freak was "running out of ideas"?

pimpachu

*phewsh* and the point flew over your head.

Brilliant.

Were you mad when, in Gen I, there were over half a dozen "bird"-based Pokemon? Didn't that make you angry? Wasn't it obvious Game Freak was "running out of ideas"?

No, I didn't mind. But thanks for your concern :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
With all of these hate comments toward Gen 5 anybody would think they're are looking at OS Pokemon videos on Youtube!

I think everyone will agree that Oshawott and Zorua are the only good Pokemon to come out of Generation 5.

Anyway, I absolutely loathe Vanillite, Vanillish, and Vanilluxe. And not because they "don't look like Pokemon", but because they're just creepy imo (especially the last two). I honestly don't understand why anyone would design floating icicles with ugly faces.

I think everyone will agree that Oshawott and Zorua are the only good Pokemon to come out of Generation 5.

Anyway, I absolutely loathe Vanillite, Vanillish, and Vanilluxe. And not because they "don't look like Pokemon", but because they're just creepy imo (especially the last two). I honestly don't understand why anyone would design floating icicles with ugly faces.

I also find it ironic that you've an avatar with, wait for it...a Vanillite!

pimpachu

If I was a real pokemon trainer, I'd find it hard not to eat my vanilluxe. That thing looks delicious.

Haunter ゴースト

Eh ultimately opinions are opinions, I don't mind the ice creams but im not a huge fan and not interested in using them in-game, everybody has different tastes. Im sure there is a fan out their who absolutely loves the ice cream line of evolutions (sounds weird right?).

Oshawott definetly, Zoroa? Eh. Zoroark? Yes.

You can't possibly forget Excadrill, Emolga, Snivy, Scraggy, Krokorok, Kyurem and Genosect. They're awesome.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
You can't possibly forget Excadrill, Emolga, Snivy, Scraggy, Krokorok, Kyurem and Genosect. They're awesome.

Or Scolipede, Reshiram, Cofagirus, Haxorus, Samurott, Terrakion, Emboar (Yes, I said Emboar.) Actually, there's only a handful of Pokemon I really have a problem with. Mostly just the Snivy and Munna line. I don't mind anything else in gen 5.

Actually, gen 5 has some of my favorite Pokemon in the series.

pimpachu

Excadrill I don't really like. Snivy looks cool but I can't say I care for grass. Scraggy, 100% pure awesome. Korkorok, eh, I don't like his look but he's bad ***. Kyurem... Looks like a forgotten robot. Genosect, I actually like for some odd reason. I don't know why, but Genosect really appeals to me.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
If I was a real pokemon trainer, I'd find it hard not to eat my vanilluxe. That thing looks delicious.

If I was a real person, I would find it hard not to eat my chicken. That thing looks delicious.

Oh wait that is what I do, so what is your point?