• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Top 5 Disappointing things, the DP saga did?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
These were disappointing things the anime did imo.

5). Not have Ambipom return for the Grand Festival, and making the Grand Festival rushed. Also not seeing parts of the Johto Grand Festival. Or not even hearing the results.

4). There wa too hug a gap between Snowpoint City and Sunyshore City. I feel they dragged it on too much.

3). Paul and Gary have never met. They could have talked about Ash or maybe even battled.

2). Brock and Dawn had no chemistry what so ever. They could have impoved their moments together.

1). Call me it picky, but I was disappointed Ash didn't use Staraptor against Flint's Infernape. I mean can't the writers resist a same pokemon matchup?

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.
Honestly, I can't think of 5 disappointing things that DP did. I generally was pleased with the series as a whole. Perhaps introducing Jun sooner and having a little more time after the League, but otherwise I'm not sure I was bothered.

As for the points you brought up, I must say, some of them were slightly irritating, but nothing major. Paul v Ash sufficed until the GF/Sunyshore gym for me, Paul and Gary, didn't care, and Ambipom returning didn't even occur to me until Gliscor came back.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Why did you put this in the spoiler section?
Anyway I was disappointed by the fact they made Piplup such a star.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
1. Dawn didn't beat Zoey in the GF
2. Kenny in the GF
3. There's no Barry vs Ash
4. Ambipom
5. Sunyshore gym battle was only 3 vs 3 and not 4 vs 4

striker

I AM THAT IS
In no particular order:

1. Allowing Dawn to get second in her first Grand Festival
2. Allowing Zoey to win the Grand Festival
3. Allowing Zoey to beat Nando in the Grand Festival
4. Proving that you actually cant be a Co-ordinator and a Trainer :/
5. Allowing Jesse to make it to the Semi-Finals of the Grand Fiesta

1. ^... I guess the whole Grand Fiesta

2. The rediculous crappy Pokemon League, concidering everything they done in the past this is by far the worst downgrade, a straight 64 man tournament :/ where is the fun in that with mediocre battles?

3. Even though i have liked the path the show has taken, there is no excuse for a 52 episode gap between 2 gyms and acting as if no time has gone by.. :/

4. Allowing Piplup to stay out of his ****ing Pokeball, and giving it so much screen time

5. No conclusion to the Galactic Saga, I wanted to see Cyrus rise out with Grantina :(

6. No 1 hour special when your skipping so many weeks of episodes..

Silver_Seoul

Striker said all I had to say and more.

But my number one? It'd have to be all the senseless fighting that Dawn brought about from certain users here. Arceus knows this place will be a lot more peaceful in terms of character bashing once she (and Brock) depart...

PePer

But my number one? It'd have to be all the senseless fighting that Dawn brought about from certain users here. Arceus knows this place will be a lot more peaceful in terms of character bashing once she (and Brock) depart...

Still can't be compared to f**king Misty.

Mmm, from top of my head:

1. Ambipom and GF.
2. Brock just doing nothing.
3. Ash getting to battle dude with Darkrai -__-.
4. Nando and Kenny as Dawn rivals.
5. Togekiss, just too late.

FlyAsADunsparce

1. I absolutely didn't like the way the GF was handled. Too rushed and for example the Dawn vs. Jessie battle, looked like a amateur Kanto battle.

2. Also the Sinnoh League is kinda meh. No new characters besides Legendary dude. And Paul vs. Barry and Nando vs. Ash should've been 6 vs. 6

3. Brock being unable to catch a pokémon, like really dude? Those 3?

4. James being unable to catch a pokémon, he didn't even caught one in Sinnoh, he found his Carnivine that he locked up in a box.

5. Buizel. Dude evolve already. Please?

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
1/ Huge gap between Snowpoint and Sunnyshore
2/ Dawn didn't win the GF
3/ GF and SL were rushed
4/ Kenny as a rival
5/ Charon, nobody knows what happen to him after team Galactic's final arc

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
-The gap between Snowpoint and Sunyshore
-James didnt get a quest (Jessie got too much attention)
-Contest component was stretched too much
-We will not get to see a Rapidash in battle (I thought Barry was gonna have one, then I found out he was battling Paul in a 3 on 3)
-Last but not least, Kenny!

dragonpsychicrules

DragonType GymLeader
GOt to be:
*Aipom trade
*gap between sunnyshore and snowpoint(not to mention the gym-battle tease, which was disrupted by stupid TR...this was the worst)
*Gliscor
*Non-evolution of gible
*BROCK( and his disappointing arsenal of DP pokemon)

Waterpokes

1st: Lack of good rivals (Barry, Nando, Kenny, Conway and to some degree Zoey)
2nd: Everybody's team being kinda boring. Ash's team being very boring, with everyody captured before the 3rd Gym.
3rd: The beginning rounds of the League with Ash VS Nando & Conway, and Paul VS Barry being 3 VS 3. It can still change, but it should have been 6 VS 6.
4th: Pikachu not getting screentime.
5th: Aipom going over to Dawn. Ash could have gotten both.

joep05

master of disaster
yes i agree, it is really annoying because they spend years building up to these things, making many rubbish and pointless episodes, and then when they finally get to the good stuff, they always rush it, and its generally a travesty to watch considering all the build up

joep05

master of disaster
generally i think that there were many things that they did that were just plain stupid.

gliscor&yanmega

I'm not really disappointed in anything right now.

The only thing I'm somewhat disappointed in is how all of the Pokemon that were suppose to be used in the league probably all wont be shown. At less one will be left out if Ash doesn't beat Takuto(Which wont happen).

But even that disappointment is nothing really.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
1/2. Ambipom/Gliscor release
3. League being rushed due to not noticing timelines and having to rush it by necessity.

I dont have many more things to whine about but.

4. Buizel didnt evolve
5. Wtf Team Rocket is still the plot 98% of the times?

nothing elsethe last two are passable specially the evolutiion and Team Rocket i grew to understand that they will never leave as much as it pains me.

richard

Fire Master
1. The Sinnoh League was rushed.
2. Kenny as a rival. This guy got my vote as one of the worst rivals.-_-
3. Ambipom being released.
4. Brock hardly did anything.
5. Never understood the long gap between Snowpoint and Sunnyshore.

Darkxninga

Okay for me:

1.Piplup - too much screentime, pointless episodes of it, and star of the DP/sinnoh region.
2.Dawn -treating piplup like it was her only pokemon and spaming ice beam in her appeals
3.TR - very disappointing (everything about them [listed already and more] in DP was Disap.)
4.DP's boring fillers that were non-stop.
5. Brock and Dawn didnt even talk but only when forced to (when pachi was sick and etc) no friendship there. (this includes Brock being put into the backround)

Yeah.... thats it for me. DP didn't cling on to me for anything. Sinnoh league was just rushed o_o and so different from before... and rivals were just...lacking. Very.

Last edited:

Blazicken

Sex on fire
-buizel not evolving, if u don't want to lose & want to get stronger, then get it over with
-dawn getting seccond place in her 1st GF... -.- bull
-james not getting a new pokemon, failing hard in the fly-ring contest ... I expected more
-gible, i loved it being there, proved to be strong, but it'll probably get oaked after the league... kind of a waste if u ask me

catzeye

Writer's Block
1. Kenny- He just sucked.
2. No Floatzel- It would've fit perfect on Ash's team
3. Piplup- My god that thing was annoying
4. Brock and Dawn didn't talk like Brock and Misty, Brock and May and Brock any Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.