• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Top 5 Most Beautiful, Cool, and Ugly Pokemon

miu miu

(I've never got why people think Gardevoir is beautiful, it's an alien in a dress. Eew :|)

Aikou Bupiggu I agree with you, gardevoir isn't that pretty she's just some emotionless green thing.

Abysmal Zero

Burninating
The Beautiful

5. Mismagius
4. Bellossom
3. Lapras
2. Rapidash
1. Dragonair

Reasons: While having feminine qualities is a poor excuse for beauty, that is a bit of the reason why Bellossom and Mismagius is on here; however, it's more than that. Each of the pokemon listed here have a perceived sort of serene grace, or ethereal sort of sense to them, Dragonair especially possessing both. And it's a grace that can be viewed whether the pokemon's actual gender is male or female...except for Bellossom and Mismagius. It is easier to see them as just females, but they still have a sense of grace about them.

The Cool

5. Absol
4. Sableye
3. Ho-oh
2. Mewtwo
1. Arceus

Reasons: Absol and Sableye are just deceptive. Absol is cute and fuzzy looking, yet brings disasters with it. Sableye is small and cute looking--any one played PBR and seen that evil little toothy grin? That's what I'm getting at--so cute, and so evil.
Now, one may wonder, out of all the legendaries there are, that look cooler, that are bigger and badder, why Ho-oh, Mewtwo, and Arceus? Well, Ho-oh is big and bad looking, and I feel has an intelligence behind it that can't be matched by what I consider its equal, Rayquaza--it's just a territorial creature. Beyond that I chose Ho-oh over Lugia because Ho-oh looks like it has half a mind to pick up humans and drop them from the sky if it wanted. Mewtwo is a bit of the same, but I chose it because it thinks, and questions itself--it's a conundrum. Arceus? All the power and intelligence of the last two, but its face is emotionless. There's nothing creepier than wondering whether or not something is actually capable of feeling when it does the things it does.

The Ugly

5. Forretress
4. Dunsparce
3. Drapion
2. Giratina (DP version...not origin forme)
1. Darkrai

Reasons: The first three are purely aesthetic. Shallow of me, yes. But seriously--Drapion is horrid looking. It makes me want to gouge my eyes out. Skorupi=cute, Drapion=WTF.
Now, one may be asking, why are Giratina and Darkrai in the top spots? Because they're ugly inside and out. While they are cool-looking, this doesn't mean they aren't ugly pokemon. Sure, Giratina may follow basic symmetry and such, but that doesn't make it beautiful either--it's clunky and awkward looking, and it having wings? I can't help but wonder how it would fly with those. If it weren't half ghost, I don't think I could be persuaded on its flying ability. It is a demented looking giraffe-dinosaur.
As for Darkrai, it's just more evil than Giratina. I think the reason it's uglier is the fact that it's humanoid. Humanoid pokemon have tended to be very strange looking--Machamp, Jynx, Tyrogue, etc. are good examples. They don't look horrid, they never do, but they aren't the most graceful, or beautiful either. This stands for Darkrai, and is intentional as it should be. It looks skeletal, with wisps here and there. I think the problem is it looks like a ghost--and it's not one. It's a dark-type. Beyond that, it is one of the only pokemon to actually be portrayed as pure evil. You don't get much uglier than that.

miu miu

thanks for your wonderful explanation abysmal zero :)

Queen Lexi x

Is breeding..
Beautiful:
- Rayquaza.
- Altaria.
- Glaceon.
- Mismagius.
- Charizard.

Cute:
- Cyndaquil.
- Buneary.
- Magby.
- Tangela.
- Shellder.

Cool:
- Giratina.
- Jynx.
- Vespiquen.
- Spiritomb.
- Typhlosion.

Ugly:
- Mr. Mime.
- Roserade. (Flower with a beard. FTW)
- Loudred.
- Nuzleaf.
- Geodude.

Ampy

Light The Stars
Beautiful:
-Milotic (Like)
-Ninetales (Like)
-Shaymin (Like)
-Solrock (Like)
-Latias (Like)

Cute:
-Mareep (Like)
-Munchlax (Like)
-Torchic (Like)
-Turtwig (Like)
-Raichu (Like)

Cool:
- Giratina. (Like)
- Deoxys (Like)
- Rayquaza (Like)
- Ampharos (Like)
- Breloom (Like)

Ugly:
-Jynx (Kinda like)
-Duskull (it's so cool though)
-Unown (Don't like)
-Heatran (Don't like)
-Groudon (Like)

miu miu

thank you everyone for your comments!

miu miu

Beautiful:
Swalot
Arbok
Tentacruel
Dustox
Missingno.

Cool:
Dunsparce
Qwilfish
Weezing
Muk
Seviper

Cute:
Wynaut
Grimer
Koffing
Weedle

EDIT: Ugly:
Uhhh.... I got nothing.

I disagree with most of the things you said..sorry

Miss Rarity

A rarity to come by
Beautiful:

1. Milotic
2. Vaporeon
3. Beautifly
4. Gardevoir
5. Cresselia

Cool:

1. Gengar
2. Weavile
3. Skymin
4. Metagross
5. Salamence

Ugly:

1. Garchomp
2. Buizel
3. Purugly
4. Prinplup
5. Magmortar

Crazy Chaos

Beautiful
-Ho-oh-Very Beautiful wings!
-Gardevoir-One word, "Elegance"...I think that's the word I was looking for...that or "Graceful".
-Mesprit-Sparkles :3
-Espeon-About the same as Gardevoir, except I think "Elegance" fits better.
-Milotic-Max Beauty, duh! (lol)

Cool
-Buizel-I just really like it's Shiny...
-Azelf-My absolute favorite of the Trio!
-Palkia-Palkia>Dialga
-Sneasel/Weavile-They're about the same, I think they are almost equal in coolness.
-Lucario-Just because he's in Brawl.

Cute
-Riolu-Just because it's evo is in Brawl.
-Quilava-Ever seen a picture of one without it's flames blazing? X3
-Minun-Minun>Plusle
-Leafeon-I Can't get over that new Platinum Sprite! XD
-Uxie-Not sure why...

Tough
-Groudon-How's Groudon NOT Tough!?!
-Typhlosion-Look at the new Sugimori Art for him!
-Magmortar-His Gunlike hands look like a huge threat!
-Giratina-Both Origin and Altered Forms look tough!
-Palkia-Again Palkia>Dialga ^_^

Ugly
-Purugly-Right in the name.
-Graveler-A lumpy faced pokemon? Eeeewww!
-Mr. Mime-The arms...like at it's elbows and knees...they're...it's just creepy...
-Jynx-Talk about creepy! O_O
-Probopass-wtf.

BTW, they're not listed in any particular order, just the order I thought them up in. :D

miu miu

great explanation crazy chaos and thank you everyone for commenting ^^

oh and I don't get how swalot is pretty?

CrystalRain24

Eevee Breeder
I've always thought Dostox was ugly..also Golbat,Nosepass(sorry n.n),Rhyperior and my gosh Magmortar. >.o
Dragonair(the prettiest!!),Articuno,Glaceon(I used to think it was ugly til I got use to the ear..things... now I think it's gorgeous. lol) and Ninetails are very pretty n.n
Umbreon,Charzard,girantina,darkrai and mewtwo are pretty cool.

Last edited:
ugly
bidoof,bibbarel,machoke,magikarp

beautiful
milotic, roserade,gardevoir and cresselia

cool
i think Paul has the coolest pokemon. Tortera, Gliscor, Honckrow, Weavile, Electivire, Magmortar

Handsome

James: Falcon...
Ugly: Metapod, Spiritomb, Nosepass, Jynx *shudders*, Missingno

Beautiful: Milotic, Yumichika Ayasegawa, Boa Hancock, Suicune, Ninetails

Cool: Mightyena, Arcanine, Raichu, Latios, Metagross

miu miu

boa hancock? isn't she from one piece? ok that works lol

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
Prettiest: Roserade, Milotic, Espeon, Altaria, Ninetales

Coolest: Flygon, Blaziken, Umbreon, Golduck, Tyranitar

UGLIEST: Muk, Golem, Feebas, Purugly, and JYNX is the ugliest of them all, it is an insult to cute little Smoochum D:

Stale

Most beautiful (In no particular order):
Milotic, Mesprit, Roserade, Dragonair, and Meganium.

Ugliest (in order):
Relicanth, Huntail, Groudon, Armaldo, and Cradily.

Coolest (in order):
Tangrowth, Empoleon, Dragonite, Typhlosion and Venusaur.