• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Top 5 most BS battles in Pokemon

Hanto

Water Addiction
1. Mijumaru VS Baoppu
2. Mijumaru VS Hihidaruma

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
here's the ones that stick out to me.
5.Buizel vs Lucario: two plot devices kick in and Buizel still barely manages a tie, rediculious, had it been one or the other a tie would've been acceptable, but learning a new move and having it's ability activate should've produced a win.
4:Ash's Swellow vs Winona's Swellow: A fine example of how most of the hoenn gym battles cared more about being flashy than anything else, Ash's Swellow only hit hers twice, and the first hit didn't do anything and then it spent most of the battle attempting to dodge which in most cases didn't work, I guess Grovyle got a crit with Leaf Blade before it went down huh?
3.Ash's Tailow vs May's Torchic: I think this one is self explainitory, though it makes one wonder what happen if league crowds acted that way.
2.Trip's Serperior in the junior cup: strap some sonic quils on this thing and paint it blue why don't ya writers.
1.Pikachu vs Regice: all that pain negated by rest and one VT takes it out? No.

5.Buizel vs Lucario: two plot devices kick in and Buizel still barely manages a tie, rediculious, had it been one or the other a tie would've been acceptable, but learning a new move and having it's ability activate should've produced a win.
In your opinion. I don't remember Buizel winning any battles until then so it's perfectly logical that he would be weaker than Lucario. The real BS is that the ability activated. What are the odds of Biuzel being rained on while indoors anyway?

4:Ash's Swellow vs Winona's Swellow: A fine example of how most of the hoenn gym battles cared more about being flashy than anything else, Ash's Swellow only hit hers twice, and the first hit didn't do anything and then it spent most of the battle attempting to dodge which in most cases didn't work, I guess Grovyle got a crit with Leaf Blade before it went down huh?
Still realistic enough. It's a Swellow.

3.Ash's Tailow vs May's Torchic: I think this one is self explainitory, though it makes one wonder what happen if league crowds acted that way.
Fair enough.
2.Trip's Serperior in the junior cup: strap some sonic quils on this thing and paint it blue why don't ya writers.
Which battle are you referring to?

1.Pikachu vs Regice: all that pain negated by rest and one VT takes it out? No.
Fair enough.

Last edited:

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
They're all BS in their own way, but they're allowed to be since its a fictional world full of fictional character and superpowered monsters.

Pokemon
Yu Gi Oh
Naruto
Digimon
The Hills
The Only Way Is Essex

They're all allowed to involve a load of BS, it's in the scripts..

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
I can't think of many right now, but one that comes to mind is Pikachu vs Eevee. Not sure if Ash vs Richie counts.

Arceusgamer14

Pikachu VS Snivy (What the hell was that!?)
All the "You didn't win but take the badge anyway" in Kanto Season 1
Tepig VS Deerling (That was just cruel of that trainer who abandon Tepig that became Ash's just because it lost to a GRASS-Type but was also NORMAL-TYPE which had a better chance on beating a Fire-Type)
Pikachu & Swellow VS Solrock and Lunatone (Why is that always the writers want to make their own rules in the Anime)
Ash VS Elesa battle (What the hell Ash!? At least plan ahead you as what Iris calls you: A kid)

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
OH HO HO HO HOO-BOY.

In no particular order:

Ash vs Tobiased - really, this just out and out says Ash will never win a league - if he gets far enough, the writers will resort to pulling out some random dude with legendaries. Ridiculous.

Ash vs Blaine/Ash vs guy in M01's beginning - Thunderbolt should never hurt Ground types. EVER.

Lugia vs Bird trio - way to show off the powerful new legendary of the then-new generation - get its *** whooped in seconds. And it's the Mon on the cover.

Kyogre vs Groudon - from what I read, it's just some stills with sound over. At least the games let you SEE them move.

Anytime a move is used in a manner that is impossible to replicate in the games - picking up Stone Edge stones and throwing them, digging Pokémon being hurt by moves that shouldn't hurt them, Thunder Armour etc...