• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Top 5 video game consoles

5. Genesis - It was so awesome that you didn't even have to buy your games.
4. TurboGrafx-16 - Basically the PS2 of the 8-bit era. It even had clones of Nintendo's games.
3. Playstation - Tons of fantastic 3D games and RPGs.
2. Dreamcast - The best system for fighting games. Ever.
1. Playstation 2 - You could buy hundreds of games and still find more to play.

Cobalt_Latios

Chris

Old Coot
5. Genesis - It was so awesome that you didn't even have to buy your games.
SEGAChannel? That only started and lasted during the final years of the Genesis. And you needed to pay for the service. And once the service was terminated, you had absolutely no way of playing those games again.

4. TurboGrafx-16 - Basically the PS2 of the 8-bit era. It even had clones of Nintendo's games.
In what bizarro world do you live in? Since when was the Turbo Grafx-16 ever anything like the PS2? It didn't dominate the competition, it got slaughtered by it.

Yeah, it was great, but it's definitely not the PS2 of that era.

Zazie

So 1991
SEGAChannel? That only started and lasted during the final years of the Genesis. And you needed to pay for the service. And once the service was terminated, you had absolutely no way of playing those games again.

In what bizarro world do you live in? Since when was the Turbo Grafx-16 ever anything like the PS2? It didn't dominate the competition, it got slaughtered by it.

Yeah, it was great, but it's definitely not the PS2 of that era.

Well he said 8-bit era so I think Mr. Doctor was reffering to how successful it was in Japan then. I would say that is rater extreme though.

Chris

Old Coot
Even though the PC Engine was extremely popular in Japan, it still had trouble against the Famicom and Super Famicom. Not so much the Mega Drive.

Chris

Old Coot
Even though the PC Engine was extremely popular in Japan, it still had trouble against the Famicom and Super Famicom. Not so much the Mega Drive.

It was great for kids like me who just rented their games anyway. My friends and I would randomly find stuff like Golden Axe and Street Fighter.

In what bizarro world do you live in?

Which ones are there?

Since when was the Turbo Grafx-16 ever anything like the PS2? It didn't dominate the competition, it got slaughtered by it.

I meant it was similar in terms of game variety, but I guess that is a stretch in comparison to the NES. Quality certainly made up for the quantity, though.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
most of the consoles have their own advantages, i'll just base them on how much i use them at the moment:

1. PS3: i admire this console for being a good quality computer who is capable of ensuring a good gameplay, the controller is the most comfy one i have ever used.
2. NES: most old games are best played on the system they first came on, instead of downloading them on the Wii or playing it on an emulator i buy the games for a cheap price.
3. PS1: it had alot of great titles, though i never had one for myself back then i often played it with friends after school.
4. Wii: the best multiplayer console sofar ever made in my opinion, most games are crap for people like me but those that matter ensure a good and sometimes unique gameplay.
5. PS2: i litterly played this one untill it gave up, again it ensures good quality in order to improve gaming experience.

there, that should do it.
i have lots of other consoles as well but i'll be saving them for later>: )

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Oh reilly?

heres mine:

5. N64
Provided me w/ my first console ever

4. Game Boy SP
Same thing as the advance, but i still use it to this dat, and the bright screens are a nice touch.

3. TIE- Super NES, NES
WHY A TIE?!?, you must ask. Because they were 2 very good systems, and almost the same, and a diddnt really play any of them directly, but their still awesome.

2. Wii
The Wii is the best home system console to date, as it has the more Fun options, more variety of games, and not just like main video game lines like its compitition\. (Xbox and PS= Call of Duty and Halo ONLY?!? anything else thats good? I hate you Sony and Microsoft!!!!)

1. DS (all of thems)
DS is pure unadulteraded ownage. Pokemon, wireless capabilities, you cant ask for more! The only thing thats missing from it is Super Smash Bros., and then its truely complete.

As u can see, i hate any thing Sony, and hate andy thing Microsoft puts out that isn't a pure computer, so ya

woot21

super noob
1. SNES: Some of the best games of all time. And a very high rate of the games for the console were extremely good or better. Also, there were more standards by the console companies, meaning less **** games.
2. Dreamcast: Shame it died so early. Just came out at the wrong time I guess.
3. N64: One of if not the best game of all time in OoT, plus it revolutionized 3D gaming with Super Mario 64. Just a solid console all around.
4. NES: I debated putting this above the N64, since it saved the gaming industry, and had some amazing games, that stand up today still. I just couldn't justify it in my mind though. I really see being 2, 3, and 4 as interchangeable on the list too.
5. GCN: An extremely underrated console, that people avoided due to its perceived flaws in graphics, which were/are better than the PS2's, and the lack of backward compatibility. Had amazing games, and games that were bad for their series, yet were still top tier games (SMS). Also, had a couple games that didn't get received as well as it should have (Pikmin comes to mind right away).

woot21 out dawgs

Slick

Banned
heres mine:

5. N64
Provided me w/ my first console ever

4. Game Boy SP
Same thing as the advance, but i still use it to this dat, and the bright screens are a nice touch.

3. TIE- Super NES, NES
WHY A TIE?!?, you must ask. Because they were 2 very good systems, and almost the same, and a diddnt really play any of them directly, but their still awesome.

2. Wii
The Wii is the best home system console to date, as it has the more Fun options, more variety of games, and not just like main video game lines like its compitition\. (Xbox and PS= Call of Duty and Halo ONLY?!? anything else thats good? I hate you Sony and Microsoft!!!!)

1. DS (all of thems)
DS is pure unadulteraded ownage. Pokemon, wireless capabilities, you cant ask for more! The only thing thats missing from it is Super Smash Bros., and then its truely complete.

As u can see, i hate any thing Sony, and hate andy thing Microsoft puts out that isn't a pure computer, so ya

These posts make me sad.

Chris

Old Coot
4. Game Boy SP

1. DS (all of thems)

1) HANDHELDS ARE NOT CONSOLES
2) You're an idiot. Please shut the hell up.

5. X-Box 360- XBox Live has the best online for any console to date
4. Wii- Motion controls introduced a new way to play game than just pressing buttons
3. Game Boy- Handheld gaming would not be the same without it
2. Nintendo DS- Like the Wii, the DS introduced new gameplay
1. Playstation 2- Over 1500 games means you can never go bored with it

Dawnkey Kawng

1. Nintendo 64: Although had a small library, it had the best games such as Paper Mario, Banjo Kazooie, Donkey Kong 64, and such. The graphics may be blocky, but the the games are so good. Nintendo and Rare made the best combo, too bad Microsoft had to steal and rape Rare...

2. Gamecube: The graphics were very pretty, and had games that are almost as good a N64, with Paper Mario TTYD and Mario Sunshine. Overall a very solid system.

3. Super Nintendo: With games like Super Mario World and Super Mario RPG, how wouldn't this get a spot?

4. Wii: Its a good system so far, and its getting better because it's coming out of it's mini-game phase.

5. Playstation 2: Gets a spot here for its vast library and backwards compatibility.

Honorable mentions: NES, Sega Genesis.

FireMeowth

Enthusiast
1. Wii - It's awesome, after all. It got great games, great... Miis, and many other things. x3

2. DSi [BECAUSE HANDHELDS ARE KNOWN AS "HANDHELD CONSOLES"] - Ah. The DSi is awesome. Obviously the best handheld console ever. It's got a great camera, a music player thingy and the DSi Shop. <3

3. PlayStation - Yeah. The original PlayStation. It's a wonderful console, with wonderful games like Klonoa (coming for the Wii omg), Mickey's Wild Adventure (seriously, it owns), and many others.

4. PlayStation 2 - It has Klonoa 2. No more reason needed. <3

5. ...Um. Nothing~ ^-^

Cobalt_Latios

4. Wii- Motion controls introduced a new way to play game than just pressing buttons
Now, we get games that feature "waggle fests". Personally, I'd prefer button mashing over waggle fests anyday.

Is this where the quality/quantity debate comes in?
Do you need a supporter?

2. DSi [BECAUSE HANDHELDS ARE KNOWN AS "HANDHELD CONSOLES"] - Ah. The DSi is awesome. Obviously the best handheld console ever. It's got a great camera, a music player thingy and the DSi Shop. <3
You're still not justified.

*C_L*