• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Top-Down Training (508)

pokemaster95

King of pirates
Thanks for the link.

Bryon

Moveset Comp Judge
I gotta wonder too what else Paul has in his arsenal of Pokemon. Besides, it makes mroe sense that he beat Ash now, but I still wanna see Ash beat him.

It was good to see he is beatable, especially since his opponent was Cynthia. I kinda wonder what Cynthia was saying while tending to Paul's Pokemon.

Plus, Croagunk getting bashful when Cynthia looked at him; CLASSIC. :D Instant classic scene in the episode.

Bryon

Good episode indeed. Finding more info on Paul was great and the battles were awesome. I enjoyed it all around and can't wait for Paul to return.

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
I KNEW IT!I EFFING KNEW IT!

Ehem, sorry. But I just am so happy this episode proved everyone that thought Pual's a newbie wrong. He's been a trainer AT LEAST as long as Ahs has! And it ha sbeen confirmed now.

Em, er yeah. Yay Cyntiha and Garchomp!

Dax

Legend
Was Garchomp female? I didn't notice the split in the dorsal fin that the male Garchomp has. Maybe I'm mistaken...

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
So from what I've read and seen so far...

-Paul's more experienced than most people thought he was(finally, one of the ongoing arguments around here settled)
-Cynthia doesn't care if she potentially damages priceless ancient tablets by touching them with her bare hands after eating ice cream right next to them. Tsk tsk!
-Disrespect for priceless ancient writings aside, Cynthia taking an HOUR to decide what flavor of ice cream she wanted is priceless(but neither ancient nor writings on a tablet).
-See people, THERE'S that Murkrow you kept wanting to see every time Paul appeared! Happy now?
-Ash apparently sticks up for Paul when people laughed at him? I guess Ash is still a nice guy even towards his worst enemies. Not that that's news.
-Cynthia's Garchomp abuses Giga Impact in the anime almost as much as it does in the games. Amusing.
-That's twice now that Ash has just so happened to encounter an E4 member right after seeing them battle on TV. I do hope the writers think of new ways to introduce other E4 members this region, amusing as this could be if they kept with it.

Aldrius

Orange Champion
I think I'd buy the 'he was a trainer in other regions!' more if he had a different third-stage starter. Like a Swampert or something. But Torterra is an awesome pokemon so I am not complaining.

The battle-scene was okay, but I really like Shinji. And the context of the fight was neat. With Shinji trying so desperately to 'prove himself'. Obviously I couldn't understand what was going on, though. :p

I liked Garchomp too, and the thing felt really... serious. I dunno why. I do not watch much of the original so maybe it is from so much 4Kids exposure that I assume that Pokemon is silly even in a heated battle.

uber gon

Accept Change
I'd love to see the vid of the kids laughing at Paul.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Cool so Paul has a Torterra!

I hope this means Ash won't now not evolve his neatle into one now! If so Neatle better still evolve into his 2nd stage!

I can't wait to see Ashs and Pauls final battle in the league! Maybe a Torterra vs Torterra Or Torterra vs Serpentile!

I kinda wish pual had not had a weavile as i HATE weavils look in the anime! He should of had a water type like a crawdaunt or something!

Finally its gd to see he still has old Ursuring!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
This was a pretty great episode.

I'm actually going to be really annoyed if the writers don't have Ash win the Sinnoh league this time, because there is massive foreshadowing of him challenging the Elite 4...especially if the other three Elite's show up as well.

I really want to see Ash battle Cynthia as the conclusion of the D/P series, (and maybe even Ash's arc in general?), and it would be a fantastic final match to watch.

pokemon rulez!!!!!

Awesome Dialga!
I just thought of something. If Paul been to all the regions like Ash then I figure Paul must be the old rival from G/S. He even looks like him!

gsctrainer08.gif

See what I mean!

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
This episode surprised me, and yes my intentions about Paul is he is not a newbie, thank u! Lots of people who now drawing the conclusion that its broken, omg Ash Turwig won't evolve or Paul abandon Chimchar rumors strarting, I'm not jumping to it right now. Since anything could still happen at this point.

Cynthia character was interesting, she showed she could be your everyday person who stills enjoys anything like everyone else which I like about.

The battle was insane, her Garchomp was like a uber POkemon, but in this episode it looked like it was Paul's turn to learn a lesson.

And wow, a elite and champion around about 6 episodes is something new here.

FireHead Hank

Matt Fanboy
Great episode.

I'm so glad that we finally got to see Paul's Murkrow.

The battle was awesome. Garchomp looks cool in the anime, as well as Torterra. I hope all the elites show up in the anime.

Prominence

YEAH Garchomp and Torterra, two of my favourite Pokémon making their Animé appearance!:D Garchomp looks very cool and Frenzy Plant on Garchomp was nice too:p

CabbyFish

It's B and it's W...
This was a really nice episode.

Good Points:
-Cynthia's voice was so cute, yet quite soothing at times. Let's hope they keep her voice similar in the English version.
-Garchomp is so powerful. He even knows how to block an attack like Frenzy Plant wihout even Cynthia telling it to. Major props.
-This is the first time we see Giga Drain in the anime, and it was wicked too. Poor Garchomp.
-Cynthia's so delightful and upbeat, and in battle she is so calm and controlling. This champion really knows how to work herself.
-We get to finally see Paul's entire team for the moment (minus Elekid from episode 3). Paul could've did much better with Weavile if he wanted to.
-Team Rocket are acually running a legitamite business (ice cream stand) with Cynthia buys mercindice (ice cream) from it? That's a plus even for them.

This episode really deserves 10 stars. The only downside is that I don't know a word of Japanese, but as I don't bother to try to understand what's going on through what they're saying, it doesn't really distract the enjoyment of the episode.

Alfonso

Derpgull
*didn't yell at anyone for posting up links to the episode, just pointed out a rule and even said sorry* :/

Seriously, we all know where to watch the episode, and we all do it just a matter of using common sense.

I'm thinking that Shinji is the representation of Silver that we never got to see apart from the intro to the Raikou Special. It's definatly not him, the hair colour and face are different and Silver started out in Johto anyway. Well, we assume he did. Their teams are similar also, Shinji using token 'Dark' looking Pokemon, only caring about Pokemon that are strong, etc. Hence why we should have had Silver back in Johto- How awesome would that have made the series?

Not too keen on Cynthia. :< She's the token upbeat, happy girl but can be cool and mysterious when she wants to be. I dunno, that just irks me.

I'm looking forward to Aaron though.

Dark Cacturne

The Road To Victory!
Well, I have seen the episode, and I expected more of this one. Just because, when there was came a preview, there was a lot of commotion around here. In this episode all our questions were answered: Does paul really has a torterra? Why does he has that wicked smile on his face? Well, he has indeed a torterra, the pokemon I didn't expected that he would have. But yeah, what to do about it. Afterall, it was cool to see Cynthia, and she really is the pokémon champion, never seen such a sweet winning. I'm glad Paul lost finally, too bad Ash didn't battle, maybe next time.

Strong Garchomp dudette! Nice murkrow dude!

BTW that Giga Impact was very impressive, just awesome!