• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Top Five Manga Characters

Mimori Kiryu

By this list, I mean characters that you like in manga that doesn't have an anime. Not hard to do, right?

Mine:

1) Ryutaro Tominaga (Someday's Dreamers - Spellbound) - omg, yessss. hot biker who has a soul...
2) Renji (Soul Rescue) - evil angel, yeah yeah
3) Rain Jewlett (Immortal Rain) - yay, emo pretty immortal person that's not a freaky creature. D:
4) Toya (Millennium Snow) - yay for emo vampires who hate blood.
5) Nami Matsuo (Someday's Dreamers - Spellbound) - nami rules. period.

have fun thinking of five manga only characters you like. :p

Ice_Scyther

FFFFFFFFF-
Oh yeah, list threads! I don't care what those guys near the water cooler say, list threads are the meaning of life!

5. Brago (Zatch Bell!) Eh, why not.
4. Silver (Pokemon Special) Shyaaaaah
3. Lavi (D. Gray-Man) Eh
2. Mikami (Death Note) He's so insane it's hilarious.
1. Matt (Death Note again) He has my name!

FurryTrousers

Thingamedendums!
1. Nana Osaki (NANA)
2. George (Paradise Kiss)
3. Grimmjow (Bleach)
4. Gintoki (Gintama)
5. Aka (REC)

Those are mine.

1.Kyuubi (naruto).
2. Kenshiro ( hokuto no ken)
3.Roronoa D. Zoro (one piece)
4.Monkey D. Dragon ( ONe Piece)
5.Blackbeard (one piece)

HyenaHaze

Serial Experiment
1. Janpuu-chan (Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~)
2. Suigintou (Rozen Maiden)
3. Zakuro (Tokyo Mew Mew)
4. Mint (Tokyo Mew Mew)
5. (Should be tied with one :p) Shizuru (Mai-Hime)

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
1. Kyoko Mogami (Skip Beat!)- Oh my gosh, this girl rocks every sock in my drawer. She starts off really idealistic about love. She does everything she can for her boyfriend- working, cleaning, and sacrificing the things she wants. Then she gets ditched. But Kyoko doesn't just sulk around, she goes after revenge. Her boyfriend is in showbiz, and she decides to beat him at it. So she goes into acting. It's really hilarious at first, because Kyoko is so obsessed with her grudge. But she starts to find herself through acting. She gets a lot stronger and more confident over time, and she retains her giving nature. I also think it's hilarious that she's obsessed with fairy tales, and how she has all these ideals about friendship and stuff. Kyoko's really easy to relate to. I also love how she's able to grow as a character while staying true to her nature.

2. Risa Koizumi (Love Com)- One of my favorite things about Risa is she's not a perfect, sparkly shojo heroine. She's loud and can be a little course, but not in that annoying "defender of justice" way in so many shojo. She's just an average girl. She love Umi Bouzu, her favorite band, and neo-romance video-games. She can be childish and embarrassing at times (Risa makes the ugliest faces I have ever seen a shojo heroine make). And she often overreacts. But Risa is also strong-willed without being unrealistic. She goes after what she wants and doesn't give up. And she's not afraid to say exactly what she thinks, either. I think those are wonderful qualities.

Karen Kasumi (X/1999)- Karen is a very mature character. She devalues herself because of things that happened in the past and her work as prostitute, but she's very loyal to her friends. She's able to see others' true natures, like when she recognized that Nataku was really just a child. She's also in love with Mr. Aoki, but she keeps it to herself because he's married. I think she's pretty complex.

4. Sawako Kuronuma (Kimi Ni Todoke)- This manga isn't published in English, but I can read just enough Japanese to know what's going on. Sawako has long, dark hair, and is really quiet. Her classmates think that she is cursed, and think that her name is "Sadako." However, Sawako is a really sweet, gentle person. She wants to make friends, but she doesn't want to bother anyone. Eventually, she makes some friends, and, with encouragement, starts to say what she thinks. I love her kind nature, and the courage she must have to speak when she's so shy. Also, she's very accepting of others. Her first two friends are yanki girls, who most would be afraid of, but Sawako doesn't seem to think anything of it.

5. Ren Tsuruga (Skip Beat!)- Rin is an enormously popular actor. He's very cool and professional, but he has a secret mean streak toward Kyoko. He keeps it hidden, but he has this "gentlemanly smile" and angry aura sometimes. He also has conflicting feelings about Kyoko, and he starts to get to know himself as the manga progresses. It's hilarious that he's so mature and professional, yet knows nothing about love. He has a mysterious past, and that's interesting. It's affected his personality a lot... I love that he has a lot of elements, instead of just being a flat, stereotypical character.

So there you go. Characters are really important to me, no matter the work. If I don't care about the characters, I usually don't care about the story or romance.

Last edited:

Mimori Kiryu

I guess only several of you wanted to pay attention.

I said MANGA characters ONLY, which means the manga cannot have an anime. D:

I guess only several of you wanted to pay attention.

The kinda unfair. What if the anime version of the character is different from the manga one. Trign and FMA are prime example of that.

twilight trainer

UNBEATABLE TRAINER
1. Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto)
2. Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
3. Natsu Dragonil (Fairy tale)
4. Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
5. Red (Pokemon Special/Adventures)

Why? They always find a way to win.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper

Sorry, but that really doesn't make much sense if the manga came first. Especially since people are most likely to mention characters from popular manga, which are the most likely to be made into anime.

LittleRedRodeo

Candy Apple Red
- Souma Momiji, Furuba. I loved him running around and yelling things in German. They totally took that out in the anime D: I mean, probably for a reason ("let's find a good voice actor who knows German!"), but it took out a chunk of his character since being half-German is part of his identity.

-Yotsuba, Yotsuba&!. Manga only, just like you wanted. Uh, pretty self-explanatory.

I'll post three more when I think of them. I guess it's harder to think of beloved manga characters without anime counterparts (or at least fundamentally different from them).

Mimori Kiryu

The kinda unfair. What if the anime version of the character is different from the manga one. Trign and FMA are prime example of that.
Well, this is the Manga section isn't it? We don't want a repeat list of the favorite anime character thread do we? Now, if the series (anime) branches off of the manga and the characters act much differently between the two then alright. But, still...

Sorry, but that really doesn't make much sense if the manga came first. Especially since people are most likely to mention characters from popular manga, which are the most likely to be made into anime.
If the manga came first or the person read the manga first, then okay. I just wanted to challenge the minds of SPPf manga readers for having manga characters only. There's billions (okay, okay) of manga out there - I think someone can think of five. <.<;

Sorry for being so rude before, I don't know what came over me when I posted that earlier post. I should've elaborated.

Kipcha

1. Inuyasha - Inuyasha, obviously. I don't even know why, but I always really liked his character.
2. Syaoran Li - Cardcaptor Sakura
3. Tamaki Sou - Ouran High School Host Club
4. Kyo Sohma - Fruits Basket
5. Kagome Higurashi - Inuyasha (Manga ONLY)

Last edited: