• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Top Five Manga Couples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipcha

What are your personal Top Five Favourite Manga Couples?

Mine are...

1) Inuyasha and Kagome (Inuyasha)

http://www.geocities.com/kagome_012000/manga_kagome.jpg

2) Mikan and Natsume (Gakuen Alice)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1a/Mikannatsume.jpg

3) Sakura and Syaoran (Both Card Captor Sakura and Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9f/SyaoranSakura01.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t79/princess_of_elves/Tsubasa and CCS/Sakura_Syaoran.jpg

4) Tohru and Kyo (Fruits Basket)

http://omganime.com/images/tohru_and_kyo_ita2.jpg

5) Akane and Ranma

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh220/akanelinlinchan/thranma_and_akane-1.jpg

I am kind of hoping to find a good romance manga out of this, so does anyone have any recommendations for one that isn't too dirty? I am reading right now...

Chobits, Kare First Love, 7th Period Is A Secret, Aishiteruze Baby, Oh My Goddess and Full Moon O Sagashite. Anyone else got any other good recommendations for good manga couples? It doesn't have to be a romance manga, just one with a good main pair.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Hey, why isn't there a shipping section? There is? So why isn't it there?

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
If you want a good romance manga, I have plenty of recommendations. First, there's Love Com, which has the best love/hate relationship I've seen in manga. I really like the romance in Skip Beat!, too. It takes a while for it to build up, but that just makes it better. And the love triangle is great. Let's see, High School Debut is good, really funny. You'd probably like Kodocha, though it's hard to find. I was really fond of it when I first read it. You might also like the romance in Rurouni Kenshin, although it's really not my thing. Oh, and I really love MeruPuri. It's only four volumes. You might also try Vampire Knight. I'm not so crazy about that one, but it's really popular. I think it's pretty good. Crimson Hero is also good, although the romance often takes a backseat to the plot... Good Witch of the West is a wonderful fairy tale, you'd probably like that. You'd probably also like Pretear. Oh, and Alice 19th is another good magical girl/romance. Ah, and Venus in Love is a cute college romance. It's a little stereotypical, but the characters have a lot of warmth, and they're not all angsty and moody.

Well, let's see, I guess my current favorites are:

1. Ootani Atsushi/Koizumi Risa (Love Com)- Starts out as a funny love/hate relationship, but they sort of become friends. Very good chemistry between the two of them, plus I love the way the manga deals with the awkwardness that occurs when their feelings start to change. Their relationship is very realistic. It's kind of my ideal romance.

2. Tsuruga Ren/Mogami Kyouko (Skip Beat!)- This relationship takes a lot of time to build up, but it starts with respect and friendship. I really love it that the manga-ka takes time to build a solid relationship between them before she jumps into the romance. It makes it more substantial.

3. Fuwa Sho/Mogami Kyouko (Skip Beat!- I also love the other side of the love triangle in this manga. It's hard to choose which I like best. Anyway, Sho starts out as a jerk, but he's just like a little kid. It's funny and kind of adorable. And when Kyouko finally gets her own life and Sho starts noticing her, well... It's just really sweet.

4. Watanuki Kimihiro/Tsuyuri Kohane (xxxHolic)- Romance doesn't come up too much in the series, but I really like this ship. Sure, Kohane-chan is a lot younger than Watanuki, but she's really mature for her age. Watanuki's pretty much her only friend, and they understand each other because they can both see spirits. It's sweet the way he looks out for her, too. I don't know if this one will ever work out, but... I still really like it.

5. Yoh Komiyama/Nagashima Haruna (High School Debut)- The differences in their personalities makes this one interesting. Yoh is shy and reserved, while Haruna is hyper and says pretty much whatever she thinks. Haruna is also completely clueless, and it leads to some great interaction.

That's about it... I may go back and change some later, but...

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Assuming this doesn't go in the shipping section...

1) Solanin - Meiko and Taneda - Can't say anything without spoilers.

2) Berserk - Guts and Casca - Hey, Miura makes the trope of a love-hate relationship work. Relationship has been stagnant for nearly half of the series, though, for reasons I want divulge to non-Berserk readers.

3) Emma - William and Emma - A relationship built on subtle actions without gratuitous melodrama? Awesome.

4) Hourou Musuko - Nitori and Tatsuki - Adolescent love done right, surprisingly enough.

5) The World is Mine - Mon and Maria - Uh, weird relationship between two folks who aren't that physically attractive (relatively speaking), and it's not like the others in this list... but I like 'em.

5. Yoh Komiyama/Nagashima Haruna (High School Debut)

I've wanted to read this for a while, but am not in the mood for picking up a new shoujo series. Considering it's only 12 volumes, though, I might do so soon...

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
1) Solanin - Meiko and Taneda - Can't say anything without spoilers.
I want to get this when it comes out. October, I think...

4) Hourou Musuko - Nitori and Tatsuki - Adolescent love done right, surprisingly enough.
Oh, that is a cute one. They really act like kids. And I like the sort of... understanding they have of each other.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
I want to get this when it comes out. October, I think...

Yep. An oversized omnibus with color pages, with a retail price that's even cheaper than what the two volumes combined would normally be.

Of course, I'll be making a Solanin thread as a reminder when it's released in a few weeks... Can't wait.

You guys are pretty spoiled to consider 12 entire 9.99-priced +tax volumes as "a might-do."

That being said, I've got not much to add to this, for when I say hypocrite to myself for going on about people spending money like it grows on trees, the fact that I got 17 of Toei's worst 40-minute animation scenes scruffily tied together simply for the sake of getting the scouter walkie-talkies I never even bothered to operate...

Yeah, I'm a spoiled bumpkin from my grandparents reducing my former glory as a 156-IQer to 115 the last time I took a test a year ago, and I blame them for it. Makes it hard to appreciated stuff like friendship and romance in manga and media too, not that I could ever do any better. I always plagirise stuff I see on the idiot box when I draw crap, and haven't even done that since four years ago when I realized Inuyasha is a piece of unadulterated **** with awful romance and no development in the seven damn hundred chapters one woman has cranked out on a weekly basis for twelve years.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
You guys are pretty spoiled to consider 12 entire 9.99-priced +tax volumes as "a might-do."

1) Not all 12 volumes are out right now.

2) There is something called a library. It's a magical place where you can borrow books without having to pay for them. Astounding, I know.

My school library pretty much only had the stupid Superman DC guidebooks and the Cowboy Bepops, and where I live currently you're better off looking in the dump truck for manga than in a fashionable library because stuff like that aren't considered "good for the kids." >_>

It's called the culture differences, gaiz. Asians. Get used to them.

eevee909

Your ladyship
i vote 4 kagome and inuyasha!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they look so cute 2gether

*cracks knuckles and c?cks gun*

And since you're not gonna stray off topic, you might wanna list your top 5, not the one any sane person would have below their top fifty-thousand. >_>

Ryuusei

the sakura trainer~
Well, I kinda read a limited amount of manga since its hard to find Manga here in Singapore from the libraries.

1) Sakura/Syaoran (CCS/TRC)
Um... Like, if you haven't heard of this coupling there must be something wrong with you? xD

2) Haruhi/Tamaki Suou (blame me i forgot their surnames/names) (Ouran High)
idk. It's a really cute romance type thing going on. Tamaki treats Haruhi like his daughter yet loves her in the way of like, boyfriend/girlfriend? Yea... The series is pretty good for some comedy and romance mainly.

3) Kamui Shiro/Fuuma Monou (X/1999)
I don't know why but I like this pairing. Probably to go with the dark theme I guess? Can't describe much though.

4) Tomoyo Daidouji/Sakura Kinomoto (CCS/a little of TRC)
yes. you must be going wtf are you thinking? But yes. Due to the limited amount of manga I read, there's very few canon Yuri couplings and this is one of the few. You could always take this and replace it with Toya/Yukito/Yue for me but Tomoyo/Sakura is one of the very one-sided pairings I like. Tomoyo's a very mature person and has expressed her feelings in numerous ways yet Sakura doesn't notice, I like this coupling for some strange reason.

5) Sorata Arisugawa/Arashi Kishuu (X/1999)
the typical X coupling. School girl/bad boy type seems to be like, one of my favorite types of couplings. Still, it's probably the second deepest relationship we've seen in the manga. Sorata openly expresses feelings for Arashi but she isn't able to respond well due to her personality.

ohwell, shoot me for not reading much manga. =X

Rave

Banned
There's a shipping section you daft fools.

Status
Not open for further replies.