• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Top Friendships Between Pokémon

Rune Knight

Hi. Just for fun, what are your favorite picks for when it comes to established friendships between pokémon seen within the anime?

Here are the ones that stand out for me from best to worst, feel free to share your own, you may use any pokémon from any characters in the anime.

1. Ash's Bulbasaur and Ash's Squirtle
  2. Ash's Rowlet and Ash's Melmetal
  3. Ash's Lucario and Goh's Cinderace
  4. Clemont's Chespin and Serena's Pancham
  5. Ash's Goodra and Clemont's Dedenne
  6. Ash's Oshawott and Dawn's Piplup
  7. Ash's Sifretch'd and Ash's Dracovish
  8. Ash's Hawlucha and Ash's Noivern
  9. Ash's Pikachu and Ash's Charizard
  10. Ash's Scraggy and Iris' Axew

1. Ludicolo and Marshtomp. These two are so wholesome especially as a Mudkip and Lotad
Also I love Oshawott and Piplup and Chespin and Pancham’s rivalry I need them to all meet each other
Oshawott and Pancham is so freaking fun to write man, really wish they met in irl
And Ashs Pikachu and Serena’s Mudkip having a Pikachu-Piplup like relationship would be awesome

Rune Knight

1. Ludicolo and Marshtomp. These two are so wholesome especially as a Mudkip and Lotad
Also I love Oshawott and Piplup and Chespin and Pancham’s rivalry I need them to all meet each other
Oshawott and Pancham is so freaking fun to write man, really wish they met in irl
And Ashs Pikachu and Serena’s Mudkip having a Pikachu-Piplup like relationship would be awesome

Oshawott and Piplup, best frenemies for life.

Rune Knight

I liked the bond between Fushigidane [Bulbasaur] and Zenigame [Squirtle] in Kanto and the Orange Islands the most. It's too bad that it ended so early in the Jouto saga, as they could've had many more interesting interactions together if Zenigame had stayed.

I like whenever they emphasized on their reunions. I was hoping that they would do so once again in the current series based on a key art on the original poster.

Pocket_Monsters_2019_poster_artwork_3.png

Giveth there is still time, but I don't think that's going to be the case since there is so much stuff going on already and seemingly only a few episodes remaining.

DatsRight

I'm not sure if it was on purpose but I like that they made a Cat and a Dog into good friends.
There was vitriol but more like a real life cat/dog where it's more a sibling rivalry sort of thing. Watch any Youtube video of a cat and dog that live together and they act largely like those two. XD

I also like how it was largely spearheaded after Rockruff evolved and Litten started to see him as competition, basically jealous that his dopey big brother achieved Poke puberty before him.

SM was pretty good for Pokemon bonds, Rowlet/Melmetal, Incineroar/Lycanroc, Pikachu/Togedemaru or Naganadel, Turtonator/Marowak. Even some quieter ones like Togedemaru/Vikavolt and Tsareena/Shaymin were rather cute.

Squirtle/Bulbasaur
Pikachu/Togepi
Pikachu/Piplup (probably my favorite)
Sudowoodo/Happiny
Snivy/Pignite (really underrated)
Bunnelby/Eevee
Noivern/Hawlucha (actually this might be my favorite)
Lycanroc/Incineroar
Rowlet/Melmetal
Sirfetch'd/Dracovish
Raboot/Sobble
Also Oshawott/Snivy

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Ranking for chemistry between the cast Pokemon for each region:
1. Kanto - 9/10
2. Johto - 9/10
3. Hoenn - 8.8/10
4. Sinnoh - 8.9/10
5. Unova - 8.7/10
6. Kalos - 9.9/10
7. Alola - 0.5/10
8. Galar - 0/10

Rune Knight

Ranking for chemistry between the cast Pokemon for each region:
1. Kanto - 9/10
2. Johto - 9/10
3. Hoenn - 8.8/10
4. Sinnoh - 8.9/10
5. Unova - 8.7/10
6. Kalos - 9.9/10
7. Alola - 0.5/10
8. Galar - 0/10

Woaw wait what who how when where and why so low for Alola and Galar? Besides, that I agree with the rest of this list.

DatsRight

Really I'd rank the final points of Alola far above most of earlier series simply by virtue that the Pokemon didn't stop interacting after they evolved. Usually by the end of each series otherwise there's usually only Pikachu and a handful of comic relief types left to play off each other because the others often either stop appearing or have lost all their personality. I think the only Alola Pokemon that got demoted after evolving was Primarina.

Oh, I almost forgot one, Meowth and Wobbuffet. This was a slow burner one, with Meowth initially hating Wobbuffet for butting into his limelight as the 'mascot' though they seemed to slowly relax and become buddies over time, especially after Wobbuffet came back and was out of his ball full time. It's also the only chemistry that lasts over multiple series.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So talking about friendships who do you think will Ash Alolan (and released) Pokemon would be best pals with from the Pokemon kept at Oak's Lab?

I can see Incineroar handing with other fire types but mostly Infernape
Rowlett probably with Noctowl?
I can see Lycanroc with Krookodile maybe
Melmetal with Snorlax or Glalie?
Naganadel can be Friends with Either Charizard, Gliscor or Noivern
Goodra maybe with Bayleaf?
Greninja probably with Sceptile or Buizel
Lapras maybe with Goodra nad Bayleaf?
Primeape with Hawlucha/Heracross/Buizel
Pidgeot with Talonflame, Unfezant and Staraptor
Buttefree with Bulbasaur do to the broken heart of both

What do you think?