• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Top home-school texts dismiss Darwin, evolution"

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
I hope you're joking, GaZsTiC, because nobody actually thinks that but theists.

GoombaGeek

Begone!!
Methinks it is sarcasm. Darn you, internet!!

Also, screw the view of the big bang as an actual bang - it's more like a balloon expanding. The first person to shove God in as the balloon-expander will get kicked in the head.

(it's actually dark energy)

J.T.

ಠ_ಠ
Well, I am an Athiest and you have to admit that a big explosion coming from nothing does sound like muckafukaboutandasheetery.

You're right, it does sound kind of odd. Good thing that's a strawman description of the Big Bang. Also there's evidence that it happened.

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
And wouldn't it be Cheeseburgerism?

Ah, touché sir. I'll have to get you a feather for your cap.

Well, after 25 posts this boiled down into creationism vs. evolution.

Actually it boiled down to creationism vs. evolution after, like, the first post.

and 2 people getting put in a garden does sounds logical...

It is because the entire theory doesn't use logic to begin with. If there is no comparable level of logic, it therefore can't be deemed logical or illogical. Of course it can by those who beleive in a theory that does provide a comparable level of logic, which itself is based on other facts.

Well, I am an Athiest and you have to admit that a big explosion coming from nothing does sound like muckafukaboutandasheetery.

Not nothing. Energy: the universe's sex drive. And the Big Bang is like the orgasm. Now the universe being male or female is the real debate here, so we can figure out just what kind of orgasm the Big Bang was.

GaZsTiC

Alternating

Not joking. And that's quite the statment you made.

Methinks it is sarcasm. Darn you, internet!!

Also, screw the view of the big bang as an actual bang - it's more like a balloon expanding. The first person to shove God in as the balloon-expander will get kicked in the head.

(it's actually dark energy)

Not being sarcastic either. A large explosion sounds as fantastical as a large man in the skies.

You're right, it does sound kind of odd. Good thing that's a strawman description of the Big Bang. Also there's evidence that it happened.

I am aware that there is evidence. That doesn't mean it is right.

Personally, I think that the universe was not created by God or the Big Bang. Think I'm stupid, fine.

J.T.

ಠ_ಠ
Not being sarcastic either. A large explosion sounds as fantastical as a large man in the skies.

Did you just completely and utterly ignore everything he said after the word "sarcasm"? Because the Big Bang was not a frigging explosion. Cut the strawman **** out and learn about the topic you're dismissing.

I am aware that there is evidence. That doesn't mean it is right.

"I know there's evidence for the Big Bang, but because I think it sounds weird it therefore couldn't have happened and it's just as unlikely as an unobservable and unprovable deity thinking everything into existence for the lulz"

The Director

Ancient Trainer
Isn't this supposed to be about evolution (which has been debated to death) rather than the beginning of the universe (which has been debated to after the afterlife) which may or may not of actually "begun" with the Big Bang.
Personally on that subject I think the Big Bang wasn't the beginning, just an event in either a non starting universe or universe that caused itself through paradox.
e.g. if I went back in time to kill my grandad (i don't know why I would) I would find all the events I make happen have already happened in my past, so nothing I do in the past effects the future, and I was destined for some reason to fail, it was impossible for me to succeed.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
"I know there's evidence for the Big Bang, but because I think it sounds weird it therefore couldn't have happened and it's just as unlikely as an unobservable and unprovable deity thinking everything into existence for the lulz"

Don't insult my intelligence, JT. I am not dismissing the idea of the Big Bang, all I am saying is that it sounds, as you put it, "weird". However, just because it sounds weird, it still might be what did create the universe. But, it also might not be.

This is actually what I am saying:

"The Big Bang is simply one of thousands of theories. It sounds like something out of a novel, but even so, it is believed to be correct. However, it's popularity amongst scientists and the evidence to back it up doesn't necessarily mean that it is correct."

John13wb

Earthbound Hero
Theres no proof to suggest that either creationism or evolution is correct. Since none of us were actually there, theres no proof that God created the universe, nor is there proof the big bang actually occurred. I was talking to my friend who also has the same views. Its all a matter of what you believe actually is true.

As for the actual topic, I think it's great parents are standing up and not forcing a belief system upon their children like so many schools do nowadays. Hell, I had a teacher even tell me "You have no future in education if you even consider the Bible to be non-fiction." That kind of stuff pisses me off. Thats why I think dismissing Darwin's theories at home-schooling is great, because it allows kids to not be forced into hating what they truly believe.

7 tyranitars

Theres no proof to suggest that either creationism or evolution is correct. Since none of us were actually there, theres no proof that God created the universe, nor is there proof the big bang actually occurred. I was talking to my friend who also has the same views. Its all a matter of what you believe actually is true.

As for the actual topic, I think it's great parents are standing up and not forcing a belief system upon their children like so many schools do nowadays. Hell, I had a teacher even tell me "You have no future in education if you even consider the Bible to be non-fiction." That kind of stuff pisses me off. Thats why I think dismissing Darwin's theories at home-schooling is great, because it allows kids to not be forced into hating what they truly believe.

yes instead the will be FORCED to learn creationism which is hypocritical of you to say

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
What do you call the force, the energy that created the big bang and the universe, what do you call the force/energy that created matter, what do you call the force/energy that allows mother nature to do what it does, how do you explain the complex way which allows the earth to thrive and organisms to grow, evolve, and why. I call it God. I do think there is a creator, science has yet to prove how things just suddenly popped out on this universe. I know one thing, all that energy to do all that had to come from somewhere or some one or something. Science is good it does explain things, but just like religion it fails to provide accurate answers on how things came to be, in science everything can be tested so when they discover how life/matter is created I want to be able to test that theory and created life of my own out of nothingness.

As far as the bibble goes, I think the stories have some truth, but are way stretched. Plus I'm more into the Extraterrestrial/Ancient Astronaut theory, Jesus was an Alien! So religious coons and logical/theory Cultists, eat that.

Now about this home schooling thing, you can learn anything you want I don't care, I believe I have the answer to the big questions and what you learn at home, in school, or at church is not gonna change my mind, not easily.

Last edited:

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever

Except, there are some things that support the Big Bang theory.

As for the actual topic, I think it's great parents are standing up and not forcing a belief system upon their children like so many schools do nowadays.

You mean... scientific theories? Things that are vastly different from belief systems?

What do you call the force, the energy that created the big bang and the universe, what do you call the force/energy that created matter, what do you call the force/energy that allows mother nature to do what it does, how do you explain the complex way which allows the earth to thrive and organisms to grow, evolve, and why. I call it God. I do think there is a creator, science has yet to prove how things just suddenly popped out on this universe. I know one thing, all that energy to do all that had to come from somewhere or some one or something. Science is good it does explain things, but just like religion it fails to provide accurate answers on how things came to be, in science everything can be tested so when they discover how life/matter is created I want to be able to test that theory and created life of my own out of nothingness.

Let's hop on the merry-go-round. You say stuff can't just appear out of nowhere, but you believe that a creator, like God, jsut appeared out of nowhere, which you said you don't believe. But if God always was, then why could energy not always have been?

John13wb

Earthbound Hero
Except, there are some things that support the Big Bang theory.

Unless you were actually there or humans witnessed it, you can never know if it happened.

Oh yeah, 7 tyranitars, maybe if you realized that home-schooled student have the option of choosing to be taught Darwinism, then maybe you wouldn't make an attack on me. Oh well.

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
Unless you were actually there or humans witnessed it, you can never know if it happened.

There is also a difference in evidence and primary soruces. If we use your logic, dinosaurs or George Washington didn't exist because nobody alive today saw them.

But evidence, like fossils or birth certificates, strongly indicate that these creatures existed, just like there is some evidence that strongly indicate some sort of explosion shaped our universe.

The Director

Ancient Trainer

Oh yeah, 7 tyranitars, maybe if you realized that home-schooled student have the option of choosing to be taught Darwinism, then maybe you wouldn't make an attack on me. Oh well.

Even if you witness it doesn't mean that is true either, e.g. you say you see a table, I see a chair.

If you really go down that route, then nothing can be evidence as everything is from our five senses that can be wrong.

But then also what you witness may not soundly prove your logical conclusion, e.g. I watch a feather and cannonball fall at the same time and hit the ground at different times, so gravity accelerates the two objects differently (which IS wrong).

Finally a lot of the time home-schooled students DON'T choose what they learn, their teacher does, and as long as the student passes their exams then the government (or parents in some cases) isn't really going to care what else they teach them.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
"The Big Bang is simply one of thousands of theories. It sounds like something out of a novel, but even so, it is believed to be correct. However, it's popularity amongst scientists and the evidence to back it up doesn't necessarily mean that it is correct."
one of thousands.. ? what are the other 999 scientific theories that explain the expansion of the universe?

neither should both concepts be comparable. creationism is not based on empirical evidence while evolution and the big bang are.

neither the big bang or evolution even explain the origin of life so this is once again a stawman made by theists.

also John please understand that we hardly witness *ANYTHING* we actually call evidence. do you think pluto WON'T orbit the sun? should we release all the criminals in jail because nobody saw them actually do anything? get real.

Thats why I think dismissing Darwin's theories at home-schooling is great, because it allows kids to not be forced into hating what they truly believe.
i seriously don't understand why dismissing regular science is anything but damaging to the overall intelligence of our people.

What do you call the force, the energy that created the big bang and the universe, what do you call the force/energy that created matter, what do you call the force/energy that allows mother nature to do what it does, how do you explain the complex way which allows the earth to thrive and organisms to grow, evolve, and why. I call it God.
i call this god of gaps arguments, because there is no evidence of this 'force' and it is only you pulling the 'i am so amazed it my mind cannot comprehend it' card. this is hardly a logical answer. they said the same thing about lightning, wind, rain, earthquakes. turns out they can be scientifically explained thousands of years later.

I do think there is a creator, science has yet to prove how things just suddenly popped out on this universe. I know one thing, all that energy to do all that had to come from somewhere or some one or something.
yeah, i mean a creator obviously solves that problem.

wait... what about the creator himself? woops, more questions to answer.

Last edited:

John13wb

Earthbound Hero
Even if you witness it doesn't mean that is true either, e.g. you say you see a table, I see a chair.

If you really go down that route, then nothing can be evidence as everything is from our five senses that can be wrong.

But then also what you witness may not soundly prove your logical conclusion, e.g. I watch a feather and cannonball fall at the same time and hit the ground at different times, so gravity accelerates the two objects differently (which IS wrong).

Finally a lot of the time home-schooled students DON'T choose what they learn, their teacher does, and as long as the student passes their exams then the government (or parents in some cases) isn't really going to care what else they teach them.

I'm trying to say its ridiculous to say either side is right about the big bang or God or whatever. We'll all find out when we croak.

The Director

Ancient Trainer
I'm trying to say its ridiculous to say either side is right about the big bang or God or whatever. We'll all find out when we croak.

But couldn't you then say, from your own argument, that my belief that I am arguing this with you, is just as ridiculous as believing in the Big Bang.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
it's only ridiculous if you haven't researched the actual topic of Evolution or Big Bang. it isn't just some guesstimation. there are actually things left over from them.