• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Top Ten Best-Selling Video Games! All Nintendo Exclusive! (except Tetris, sorta)

XD375

Shane
Remember, Tetris was exclusive to Nintendo at the time.

Super Mario Bros. (NES)
Pokémon Red, Blue and Green (GB)
Tetris (GB)
Duck Hunt (NES - 28.31 million)
Pokémon Gold and Silver (GBC)
Super Mario World (SNES)
Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
Super Mario Land (GB)
Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire (GBA)
Pokémon Yellow (GB)

If you consider Duck Hunt Part of Super Mario Bros., a PS2 game is #10

Super Mario Bros. (NES)
Pokémon Red, Blue and Green (GB)
Tetris (GB)
Pokémon Gold and Silver (GBC)
Super Mario World (SNES)
Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
Super Mario Land (GB)
Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire (GBA)
Pokémon Yellow (GB)
Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (PS2)

Last edited:

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
Didn't Grand Theft Auto: Vice City sell slightly more than the bottom 2?

Also, Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt mostly count as the same game. If you've ever been to a place that sells NES games, you'll probably see tons of copies dirt cheap. It says $0.29 on the back of my used SMB/Duck Hunt. So those have to count as one game, since the majority of Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt sales were part of one cart.

Moonlight.

Wasn't SMB3 the best-selling Mario game? Or do I just have a bad memory? Oh well...

I had no idea Duck Hunt was so popular. Maybe the figures are because of what ShiningClefary said...

XD375

Shane
If you want to know the eleventh best selling game, I'll put it on because some people consider SMB/DH the same, although I've seen single copies before.

Bayleef

Onion?
Moonlight. said:
Wasn't SMB3 the best-selling Mario game? Or do I just have a bad memory? Oh well...

I had no idea Duck Hunt was so popular. Maybe the figures are because of what ShiningClefary said...
Technically.

Considering that SMB came bundled with every NES, anybody who purchased one also purchased SMB.

If you don't count bundled games, than SMB3 is the best-selling Mario game.