• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Torn World Inhabitants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The.WorkSe.Of.InfiNites

VeritatemDiesAperit
Interesting thoughts...

I was searching up the words 'Torn World' on Google, and there is actually a game called the 'Torn World' that can be downloaded onto your mobile phone. It's about a world where the dead has escaped from the underworld and threaten the living, or rather.

Anyway, i thought it would bring an interesting point. Maybe the Torn World is actually a realm where spirits go before the true hell, kind of like Purgatory.
I think of Purgatory then Hell because, Hell is mostly represented (and so in Japanese belief, namely Shinto) underground. But the Torn World is positioned above Sinnoh.
I also thought it was an intermediate spirit realm, because Giratina is partly ghost, and there must be a reason for that typing. Unless someone can think of any other.

(Idea 1) So, what i'm getting at is that i think ghost types would seem to inhabit the Torn World.

(Idea 2) However, it could just be as easily be that the Torn World is meant to mean a tear in the spacetime, created by an angry Giratina or something.
And maybe pokemon other than ghosts could also inhabit the Torn World.

(Idea 3) Or maybe the Pokemon that inhabit the Turnback Cave (as m190049 posted) will inhabit the Torn World. They are as such:
Golbat
Haunter
Bronzor
Bronzong
Lunatone (sapphire insertion)
Solrock (ruby insertion)
Giratina (of course)

It is also important to note that they can all levitate or have wings and flies.

(Seeing as i have a few ideas in this post, i have bolded and bracket each important ideas, so that you can discuss which seems the better one.)

-Nites

Last edited:

DevilPunk

a screaming soul
Why Dark Types? I'll say it agian, Dark Types are more like "Tricksters", not warped reality and voids.

because dark pokemon fit in the the Torn Worlds teme
and I'm not blaming your pokemon ideas either, er?
please let everybody have his own thought of the Torn World inhabitans ^^
that's why this thread is made of course 0_o

m190049

Local psychopath
because dark pokemon fit in the the Torn Worlds teme

How? The Torn World is a warped dimension where physics mean nothing, you can surf sideways across a waterfall flowing downwards, and the law of gravity is broken.

However, Dark Types are "Pranksters" that like to joke around or cause trouble.
It's dark as in mean, not dark as in Darkness, Doom, and Destruction.

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
I'm hoping that there will be more than Giratina in the Torn World cuz it seems it would be boring if you had to navigate through the entire place just to find one pokemon. There should be Dark and Ghost types with a few other varieties. Water types like the Sharpedo set and Tentacruel set should end up being in the water.

Xenaero

The Sun Will Rise~
I think it's a given that Ghost-types will be plentiful in the Torn World, considering its nature. I'm hoping for some Dark and Rock types, though, too. Perhaps Psychics as well? I can see room for a multitude of Pokemon types, so I hope there's a decent variety instead of Haunter all the time, or some other filler.

Grei

not the color
Hmm...on second thought, I don't want any Pokemon in the Torn World. I think that with Giratina inhabiting it, the Torn World will be just fine. The Torn World is basically a puzzle, giving you more to do before finding the Mascot Legendary.

In Diamond/Pearl, you fought TG and the Mascot Legend appeared. Now, you (presumably) fight TG, enter the Torn World, and fight Giratina.

Plus, with all of the footage of the Torn World we've seen, doesn't anyone think that we would've seen the main character encountering a Pokemon (in the Torn World) by now?

m190049

Local psychopath
The Torn World is a warped dimension where physics mean nothing, you can surf sideways across a waterfall flowing downwards, and the law of gravity is broken.

However, Dark Types are "Pranksters" that like to joke around or cause trouble.
It's dark as in mean, not dark as in Darkness, Doom, and Destruction.
There should be Dark and Ghost types with a few other varieties. Water types like the Sharpedo set and Tentacruel set should end up being in the water.
I'm hoping for some Dark and Rock types, though, too.

-___-

I feel ignored.

Plus, with all of the footage of the Torn World we've seen, doesn't anyone think that we would've seen the main character encountering a Pokemon (in the Torn World) by now?

We've only seen 3 different 4-second scenes.

One had the guy jumping from one island to another, and not walking, so he couldn't encounter one...
One showed the camera changing while he surfed a couple squares...
And the last showed him running for a moment.

... And it's easily possible they could have used a repel during those 4-second scenes to show off the torn world (or nothing appeared).

Last edited:

m190049

Local psychopath
Oh come on, can't we speculate and hope just a little bit?

Sure you can. It's just the fact I just explained why Dark-Types may not appear in the torn world, and the next two posts directly suggest them. :/
Makes ya feel ignored...

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
Absol- The DISASTER pokemon.

Darkrai- The NIGHTMARE pokemon.

Oh yes, those are two good examples. They both seem like they are a mixture of what you two are suggesting- "pranksters/rue-ers" + "doombringers/harbingers"

And now that Duskull/Family is in... I vote them in. I elect them, I appoint them. I inaugurate them.

Stupid serebii, having to "sleep", and "get rest". How selfish, amirite?!

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
Absol- The DISASTER pokemon.

Darkrai- The NIGHTMARE pokemon.

Oh yes, those are two good examples. They both seem like they are a mixture of what you two are suggesting- "pranksters/rue-ers" + "doombringers/harbingers"

And now that Duskull/Family is in... I vote them in. I elect them, I appoint them. I inaugurate them.

Stupid serebii, having to "sleep", and "get rest". How selfish, amirite?!

Absol fits into the torn world perfectly.

and if joe wants to sleep let him sleep. besides coronis should be on soon and he is further into the game. so dont worry its only a short break news will come

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
One sec...

Doesn't Absol PREDICT Disasters? Not CAUSE them?

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Absol fits into the torn world perfectly.

and if joe wants to sleep let him sleep. besides coronis should be on soon and he is further into the game. so dont worry its only a short break news will come

He was being sarcastic...

If they treat the Pokedex expansion like they did the initial Sinnoh-Dex with Pokemon appearing in the list in the order that they can be seen (for the most part) then Absol could easily be in the Torn World being right before Giratina and all.

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
He was being sarcastic...

If they treat the Pokedex expansion like they did the initial Sinnoh-Dex with Pokemon appearing in the list in the order that they can be seen (for the most part) then Absol could easily be in the Torn World being right before Giratina and all.
well at lease some one picked up on my sarcasm

eonmaster_457

Well, I now know that there are no "wild" Pokemon in the torn world, but one can't stop but wonder how a torn world Poke will look like.

I mean, aside from the obvious Giratina, we haven't really talked about how a Pokemon (say Pikachu) would look in that world, whether it be distorted or not (not is evidently the one to go with YOURS).

Status
Not open for further replies.