• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Torn World Inhabitants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Darkrai!!!

Just kidding! I'm guessing ghost and dark types will lurk in it.....yet that's what I think.....

I don't think any pokemon will appear there, to be honest.
What will their location say? "Caught in Torn world?"

Faerie

MONS
Nothing, hopefully. I would die if, while navigating the most awesome landscape in any Pokemon game, you had to put up with "Wild ___ appeared!". (Besides, all my theories about the place would fall apart.)

I could tolerate a few Haunters or Chimechos, though. If there are Pokemon, they will probably be the same ones you can find in the Turnback Cave (Haunter, Bronzong, Golbat).

electivire165

i know this wont happen, but wouldnt it be cool if your pokemon turned into theyre shiny forms in the torn world, then they turned back to theyre normal forms when you exited? that would be sweet.

m190049

Local psychopath
I don't think any pokemon will appear there, to be honest.
What will their location say? "Caught in Torn world?"
I actually JUST addressed that 3 posts before you. :/

i know this wont happen, but wouldnt it be cool if your pokemon turned into theyre shiny forms in the torn world, then they turned back to theyre normal forms when you exited? that would be sweet.
.... :/
No.

Last edited:

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
m190049 is right, there won't be any Pokémon in the water.... but there could still be some floating around elsewhere.....

golduck#1

i am gonna go outside the box and say probably a few bug pokemon with some darks. like dustox,murkrow/misdrevous, goldbat

ArceusGamer

Probably the same pokemon as in Mt.Coronet (except the Ice types), or Unknown. Just because it is an alternate dimension doesn't mean things don't live there - the 11th movie had houses in the Reverse World after all.

Why without the Ice Pokémon? The Torn World, after all, makes the world colder. So why would Ice Pokémon leave somewhere where it's cold?

So i think Sneasel could appear.

And @ m190049: Why can't Pokémon swim on a waterfall? Dratini and Dragonair do! (In Mt. Coronet Waterfall.) btw, the Torn World defies the laws of Gravity, for anyone who is in it. Lucas/Dawn, Giratina, but the other Pokémon too!

m190049

Local psychopath
Why without the Ice Pokémon? The Torn World, after all, makes the world colder. So why would Ice Pokémon leave somewhere where it's cold?
What? The Torn World makes the world colder?
Where did you hear that?
In Platinum, Sinnoh has been getting colder recently. However the Torn World isn't hovering there from the game's start. It probably doesn't appear until the events at the Spear Pillar.
And who says the Torn World is making everything colder?
It may be something else.

So i think Sneasel could appear.
Think realistically.
1. If you were a Sneasel living in a torn dimension with warped gravity made of many small islands, I don't think you'd be able to live a week there without accidentally falling off to your doom.
2. Where is Sneasel found? In Crystal, it was in the Ice Path. In Fr/Lg it was found in Icefall Cave. In D/P it is found on Routes 216 & 217 (the routes with the blizzard), and Snowpoint Temple.

I think Sneaael prefers places with Ice in them. :/

And @ m190049: Why can't Pokémon swim on a waterfall? Dratini and Dragonair do! (In Mt. Coronet Waterfall.)
... No?
They live in the lake below the waterfall. Not IN the waterfall.
You can't fish in the waterfall anyway.

btw, the Torn World defies the laws of Gravity, for anyone who is in it. Lucas/Dawn, Giratina, but the other Pokémon too!
.... And?

Last edited:

CharizardBlastoise

Squirtle Power!
Personaly I Don't Think They Will Be Any Pokemon Other Than Giratina

Dig-kun

Maybe like in FR/LG lavender´s tower (can´t remember the tower name) the pokémon that will appear there are uncatchable
maybe the 5 new pokémon are these kinda phantoms
that live at torn world

Katharina27

Eeveelution Breeder
I don't think anything will be in the water...

Just look.

tornworld2.png

The water looks two thin for anything to live in rushing water without accidentally falling out or something. :/

Yeah but when has pokemon ever followed real world physics, or biology for that matter! These are the people who claim that mammals hatch from eggs and that the scientists are too dumb to figure out why they lay them. (Don’t you dare give me the platypus argument!) This is the game where the egg's hatch, not because it's been a particular amount of time it took but because of how many steps you take! This is the game where... oh, let's say a tiny little Chikorita can cause enough commotion on the tectonic plates to cause a full scale Earthquake! This is the game where you can have a poor defenseless Pidgey fly your sorry, lazy *** at the very least 100 miles away from the starting point.

Saying that something isn't possible in a game because real world physics would make it so is like trying to tell people that NASA didn't really land on the moon due to a lack of technology! Or other ridiculous theory’s (Off subject - Did anyone see that Mythbusters episode by the way? Ah, never mind. Thats a subject for another topic.)

edit- Sorry, bad example. We'll use Riolu as an example instead of Chikorita since she hasn't been able to use it since Gold and Silver. My mistake.

Last edited:

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
SO, that means in a warped worl, you'd expect to find warped pokémon, is that what ur getting at m190049?

ArceusGamer

SO, that means in a warped worl, you'd expect to find warped pokémon, is that what ur getting at m190049?

Soo, we could find Fake Pokémon in the Torn World!

Meh, just joking.
I'm still keeping my ideas.
But you're all thinking realistic, and that's the problem!
Pokémon is not realistic!
The makers could put a Rapidash in the Sea if they wanted to...

Status
Not open for further replies.