1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus Sacred Beast Forme

Discussion in 'Older Gens' started by Vandslaux, May 16, 2012.

1. Vandslaux

Vandslaux Well-Known Member

In case you don't know, these are the new forms in BW2. I can see Landorus usage increasing since now he can OHKO Gliscor from full HP with HP Ice. Thundurus with increased SpAtk.. oh god for Ubers. Tornadus I can't really see a use, since he's SR weak and a limited support movepool.

2. Soperman

Soperman The One and Only

Landorus and Thunderus get an epic boost, but Tornadus' new form is utterly useless. What good will it do with better defenses? Tank? Wall stuff? Lolno.
    You're assuming its Attack will go up, but its Special Attack will stay the same. Knowing Nintendo/Gamefreak, some stat will drop, we just don't know which one(s).

3. AlexandriaTheMixed

AlexandriaTheMixed You A Stupid Hoe.

Well, you also have to factor in: He get's Bulk Up, has a sizeable attack as it is, and flying is a toss-up defensive typing. Resisted fighting, bug, grass, and immune to ground. While being weak to BoltBeam & Rock. Also, you're saying Tornadus won't be able to be a wall because of it's typing. Togekiss. It's a monstrous wall. If it was ice that'd be different. At any rate, I think Tornadus will be good.

Move tutors may give him a better support set.

4. rocky505

rocky505 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be judging things yet. Some have said these could end up with their Hidden Abilities(Defiant and Sheer Force). Plus there will need to be a stat drop for some of their stats.

Landorus- SPAtk drop
    Thundurus- Speed drop
    Tornadus- Attacking stats drop

5. JSteele

JSteele Dr. Awesome

Do we have any info regarding their stat changes or are we simply assuming???

6. irock245

irock245 She wants it

If Landorus Beast Forme gets increased attack and has the same or better speed, then he might be going to ubers.

7. Sietse23

Sietse23 *Brainfarts*

^This. It already has great att and speed, iif it gets higher it would be too broken.

8. AlexandriaTheMixed

AlexandriaTheMixed You A Stupid Hoe.

Unless it's defenses fell down to Tornadus's current range. Than it'd be frail enough to stay OU. Which, is a possibility.

9. Eaglehawk

Eaglehawk Banned

How do you know his speed with increase or stay the same? We still don't have the raw base stats. All we know is what's going to be increased, but no information as to what's going to be decreased.

10. Ilan

Ilan Well-Known Member

If Tornadus keeps prankster and get good defenses and roost (can be useful to stall stone edges) subroost can be good

11. Blue Harvest

Blue Harvest Banned

I think Tornadus will be pretty good. Imagine they suck out some Attack and Special Attack.

Say both offensive stats are lower to 100. Maybe 10 will be placed in Speed (+10 speed seems gamefreak-realistic) and 20 in both defenses.

That leaves us with a 79/100/90/100/90/121 Pokemon. That's about as tough as Gyarados with about as much offense as Infernape. Oh, and a ton of speed. While I don't know if Specs will work as well Tornadus could be pretty scary running a mixed Life Orb or Bulk Up set. Also we don't know about move tutors, ability or general movepool changes either. Shaymin Sky form wouldn't be nearly as horrific if Air Slash / Earth Power / Serene Grace weren't suddenly added. Maybe Tornadus will get Quiver Dance or Dragon Dance.

12. Barbeller

Barbeller Scatter Brained

It would be the ideal Bulky Offense pokemon if it did. But, even if it doesn't, it might be one of the few flying type walls that can reliably enough counter Terrakion, which will give it use over... Sigilyph, which it probably outclassed anyway.

Your stats aren't realistic though. They'll give it 500000000000000000000000000000 Speed, which it doesn't need because of prankstar, +1 in each defence and made each attack stat negative. Sounds more gamefreak like.

13. TrollFreak

TrollFreak Pit is Awesome :P

Ok, forget the competitive aspect for 1 sec

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What the **** are these. Are these Legendary beast spinoffs? I mean, Kyruem formes are already ugly as ****, then they go ahead and do this. What. The. ****.

14. Vandslaux

Vandslaux Well-Known Member

Landorus form looks like decreased Speed to me.

15. Blue Harvest

Blue Harvest Banned

Idk, Landorus's form is one of my favorites. Its a Manticore! Come on.. a lion-scorpion.

Tornadus is ok looking. Sort of like a weird quetzalcoatl-style thing.

I have no idea what Thundurus is supposed to be. Looks awful.

16. TrollFreak

TrollFreak Pit is Awesome :P

No, they all look like ***, sorry BH

17. Sietse23

Sietse23 *Brainfarts*

The new Landorus form is awesome, I like the design and if it has great stas it'll be amazing :)

18. Ilan

Ilan Well-Known Member

Well at least each of them have now an unique form and not copy pasta like before.

And thunderus will have different stats than tornadus..

if thunderus don't have prankster in that form will it be a OU form?

19. Tornadus's new form sorta reminds me of Tomohawk from the CAP Project. Of course, if it gets decent boosts to its defenses, Roost via tutor, and keeps Prankster, it might not be all that different. What I really hope doesn't happen is that each of these new forms will be the DW form of the respective genie. Landorus might like an Atk boost, but it might be put to waste if it's forced to run Sheer Force instead of Sand Force. That will also mean that the anticipated special Sheer Force Landorus sets might not work out like some people thought they might. In addition, I'm sure Tornadus and Thundurus's new forms would appreciate Prankster a lot more than Defiant. I guess we'll just have to see.

20. boyerboy

boyerboy Feel the...BANG!

I dont like the look. but the stat increase is cool exept for tornadus. Useless