• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus Sacred Beast Forme

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
Tornadus+Regenrator=Awesome. I'm getting black 2, so that means I'm getting Tornadus with it.
From what i can tell, you can only get these special abilities from the dream radar. not just catching them in-game. also, in-game i imagine they'll still just be in their incarnate form. yeah there's the mirror to change their form, but i think they'll still keep prankster when you change their form with that method.

Yellow De Viridian Grove

Thunderus will be even better on Rain teams. It's new ability will allow it to be able to take random Thunderbolts aimed at all of the water types and 1. Heal SR damage 2. come in for free and start firing off STAB Thunders.

Also, Landorus's Intimidate allows it to get in a SD a lot easierly and may even allow him to get in 2. While the Sand Force will be missed, I will be happy to use him as a U-Turner with Intimidate.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
From what i can tell, you can only get these special abilities from the dream radar. not just catching them in-game. also, in-game i imagine they'll still just be in their incarnate form. yeah there's the mirror to change their form, but i think they'll still keep prankster when you change their form with that method.
I think he means the new Tornadus form with Regenerator is going to be awesome, seeing as it's apparently going to have improved bulk. That would make it a very good pokemon in competitve battling, as bulky pokemon with regenerator are some of the best pokemon in their tiers (look as Slowbro, Tangrowth and Tangela). This means that even if Tornadus-SB form is UU, it's going to be very good UU pokemon.

Anyway, I think these new abilities for the forms look pretty good. We still can't discuss their competitive value completely, as we don't know their stats yet, however they do look pretty good from what we know so far. Intimidate might make up for a loss of bulk in Landorus, and it would be very useful on a volt-turn team, especially if the attack increase that Gamefreak says will happen makes the loss of Sand Force negligible.

I would've liked if Tornadus kept Prankster. Now it can't be bulky and have priority Tailwind. Well, I guess there's always a cost of something good.

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
According to the latest news on the front page, Keldeo may be getting a new forme as well. What are your guys's thoughts on that? Personally, I think Gamefreak is going overboard with the forme idea.
It is yeah. And I agree, Keldeo hasn't even been released in its normal forme, why add another?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Thunderus was banned because of his capabilities to use Prankster Twave and cripple anyone who can counter him, as well as giving him a turn to set up. His new ability will do the opposite of that; he'll for sure stay in OU, but will be more easily defeated by Scarfers. .
No, he'll stay in Ubers because Thundurus can always have Prankster

Tornadus+Regenrator=Awesome. I'm getting black 2, so that means I'm getting Tornadus with it.

Thunderus will be even better on Rain teams. It's new ability will allow it to be able to take random Thunderbolts aimed at all of the water types and 1. Heal SR damage 2. come in for free and start firing off STAB Thunders.

Also, Landorus's Intimidate allows it to get in a SD a lot easierly and may even allow him to get in 2. While the Sand Force will be missed, I will be happy to use him as a U-Turner with Intimidate.
Are Regenerator and Intimidate confirmed then?

With Volt Absorb, Thundurus could be even more broken in OU than it was before. Pranster was useful for priority Thunder Wave and Taunt, but the main reason it was banned was because of the raw power of its Nasty Plot set. Seeing as how the new form has a "focus" on SpA, that may meant that its SpA stat will have an increase. Combine with a new immunity, and you might have an even more powerful NP sweeper. Of course, the may not be the case if some of its other stats take a hit (namely speed).

Tornadus with Regenerator is going to be pretty cool. I can definitely see this thing being a bulky tank or supporter with with U-turn. Prankster would have been awesome for it, but at least Regenerator will give it some recovery if Roost never becomes available to it.

Landorus with Intimidate is a little disappointing, but kinda nice at the same time. It might miss Sand Force, but Intimidate is just a great ability in general. That will give it quite a bit more opportunities to switch in, effectively giving a defensive boost to any set it runs.

Dr.Chaos

stick in the mud
Landorus getting intimidate isn't that bad honestly because it's getting a raise in attack anyway and it would be nice for landorus to have some bulk to take stuff like scizor's bullet punch better or even take on terrakion.

Aurath8

Landorus getting intimidate isn't that bad honestly because it's getting a raise in attack anyway and it would be nice for landorus to have some bulk to take stuff like scizor's bullet punch better or even take on terrakion.

Assuming Landorus-SB has the same base Defence, it'll only be able to take on ScarfTerakion taking 36.99-44.2% from its Stone Edge. Other fighting types like Conkledurr will have more trouble without Ice Punch(which they'll probably get through tutors anyway).

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Assuming Landorus-SB has the same base Defence, it'll only be able to take on ScarfTerakion taking 36.99-44.2% from its Stone Edge. Other fighting types like Conkledurr will have more trouble without Ice Punch(which they'll probably get through tutors anyway).

Thats if we get new move tutors, if not, well sorry, anyway what if they have a new set of moves, doubt it though

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
Regenerator Tornadus / Intimidate Landorus - Definetly like this idea. With access to u-turn, greater bulk, and decent speed it could become a decent defensive pivot on a VoltTurn team. Intimidate Landorus could also be a great VoltTurner, causing switches with the -1 atk, then with an even greater emphasis on attack it will be able to put out decent damage with U-turn.

Eaglehawk

Banned
Regenerator on Tornadus just made every slightly better, even though we know nothing about stats, but that fact that he can heal of SR damage (technically), is a huge boon for the defensively oriented version of this.

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
Regenerator Tornadus sounds extremely exciting, especially given that this Pokémon can learn U-turn and is supposedly very bulky in its Sacred Beast Forme. I hope it gets Roost to go alongside it as well, which would be perfect in my opinion as it could make Tornadus a near-indestructible tank given Magic Bounce support. But either way, I'll be very much looking forward to using the Sacred Beast Forme of Tornadus. With any luck, it could even respark my interest in the OU tier.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Hopefully we will get move tutors in BW2, and this would likely allow Tornadus to learn Roost. I'm also thinking that Tornadus-SB might be one of the better checks for Techniloom, as it will have a large amount of bulk (according to the probably lying Gamefreak), and can easily recover off damage with Regenerator/Roost. I'm just worried that as a bulky bird it will be outclassed by Skarmory, who also has a Steel typing.

I am very exited about them though, as they look quite interesting. I hope they're bad really, so they're a bit more unusual in UU, say. They'll probably be OU for a while because of the boosted usage, but you never know.

Eaglehawk

Banned
From an Ubers standpoint, I think Thundurus will finally see some viability in Ubers. With Volt Absorb, he can finally switch into Thunders from Palkia, Dialga, Kyogre, Zekrom, etc. and support the team with a new boosted Sp.Att, so it can heavily damage Ubers pokemon, though we don't actually know what stats it has yet.

Next Saturday, everyone. All will be revealed.

Zachmac

I'm just worried that as a bulky bird it will be outclassed by Skarmory, who also has a Steel typing.
Well, assuming it has high special defense and about 100 speed, it'll still be able to retain a niche over it.

I think it's competition is going to come from Zapdos.

Cosmic Potato

Sexy Trainer
From an Ubers standpoint, I think Thundurus will finally see some viability in Ubers. With Volt Absorb, he can finally switch into Thunders from Palkia, Dialga, Kyogre, Zekrom, etc. and support the team with a new boosted Sp.Att, so it can heavily damage Ubers pokemon, though we don't actually know what stats it has yet.

Next Saturday, everyone. All will be revealed.

from an experienced ubers standpoint you have no idea what you are talking about.