• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus Sacred Beast Forme

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Nobody noticed these forms looks like Gen 1 and 2 trios? Atleast for Tornadus and Landorus. Strange.

I'm honestly hoping for type changes. Tornadus becomes Flying/Grass. Thundorus becomes Flying/Dragon and Landorus becomes Flying....ground.

Shut up!

They said their typing wouldn't change

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
Depending on how they nerf the other stats that the genies have is going to affect how well they'll do competitively. Of course, if they don't compensate the other stats, Thundurus will just get more of a reason for being banned, Landorus will become a more dangerous Scarfer (barring Gliscor and other defensive walls constantly...well, walling him), and Tornadus (with his current movepool) won't get much in return, as he doesn't have that many support moves. However, Tornadus could become a viable support Pokemon (what with Prankster and all) depending on the move tutors they have in B2W2. Now, if the stats are nerfed, it could definitely affect the metagame, as Thundurus/Landorus would likely get Speed and Defense drops, possibly bringing Thundurus Sacred Beast Form into OU, with Landorus SBF staying with his other form. Attack drops on Torndus SBF would just solidify him more into the position of a support Pokemon. So much hangs on what is yet to be told to really be able to accurately judge where they will fall into the BW metagame.

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
Depending on how they nerf the other stats that the genies have is going to affect how well they'll do competitively. Of course, if they don't compensate the other stats, Thundurus will just get more of a reason for being banned, Landorus will become a more dangerous Scarfer (barring Gliscor and other defensive walls constantly...well, walling him), and Tornadus (with his current movepool) won't get much in return, as he doesn't have that many support moves. However, Tornadus could become a viable support Pokemon (what with Prankster and all) depending on the move tutors they have in B2W2. Now, if the stats are nerfed, it could definitely affect the metagame, as Thundurus/Landorus would likely get Speed and Defense drops, possibly bringing Thundurus Sacred Beast Form into OU, with Landorus SBF staying with his other form. Attack drops on Torndus SBF would just solidify him more into the position of a support Pokemon. So much hangs on what is yet to be told to really be able to accurately judge where they will fall into the BW metagame.

I'm think what all will happen is just changing some stats around.

Kind of like Gallade vs Gardevior. All they did was switch the attacking stats.

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.

In the extended trailer Serebii posted today, the alternate formes were thrown out in Dream Balls. I don't think they're going to have Prankster anymore. on top of that, i also believe the Radar will bring a LOT more DW pokemon into the game.

Dr.Chaos

stick in the mud
Well as thatjeremykid pointed out, the alternate form was thrown out in a dream ball meaning that they will likely have their dw abilities. It really sucks for all 3 of them since Thunderus really liked prankster; Defiant will be pretty useless on it and tornadus. Also, Landorus gets its coveted sheer force ability but it will likely lose stats from special attack to gain for attack, and since sheer force benefits from mostly special moves, it won't be very good. The outlook seems grim.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Well as thatjeremykid pointed out, the alternate form was thrown out in a dream ball meaning that they will likely have their dw abilities. It really sucks for all 3 of them since Thunderus really liked prankster; Defiant will be pretty useless on it and tornadus. Also, Landorus gets its coveted sheer force ability but it will likely lose stats from special attack to gain for attack, and since sheer force benefits from mostly special moves, it won't be very good. The outlook seems grim.
They could get different abilities for their Sacred Beast form. Serene Grace would be just great for Tornadus. Confusion with Hurricane? Flinch with Extrasensory?

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Well, on a recent trailer by Nintendo, it shows the Landorus Sacred Beast form using Earth Power. It could gain SAtk as well as Atk. Also, if they can switch between forms, then Dream World Normal Landorus might be good, mainly on non-sandstorm teams. It's unlikely they'll be able to switch though, but we can hope for a raise in both Atk and SAtk.

Also, even if it does loose SAtk, it will still gain Atk, and with Sheer Force Stone Edge's power is raised, plus, Life Orb recoil becomes non-existent, meaning feigning a choice set is so much easier.

Another positive of the forms is that they might cause Thundurus to move down to OU (or at least it's Sacred Beast form). That would be a massive improvement for OU.

Also, even if it does loose SAtk, it will still gain Atk, and with Sheer Force Stone Edge's power is raised, plus, Life Orb recoil becomes non-existent, meaning feigning a choice set is so much easier.

Well, they showed Braviary using Hyper Beam in one of the early B/W trailers but despite it learning a special move it sucks at it.

Also Stone Edge does not get a Sheer Force boost. Rock Slide does.

Phoopes

There it is.
Ah, so Rock Slide with Sheer Force boost is basically a move with 100 Power, just like Stone Edge, but just with better accuracy. That's nice, because Stone Edge usually screws me over with its misses more often than not. I also thought Stone Edge would be getting the boost, still making it the superior move. However, I guess I'd be using Rock Slide on any Sheer Force Landorus when it comes out then.

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
Well, they showed Braviary using Hyper Beam in one of the early B/W trailers but despite it learning a special move it sucks at it.

Also Stone Edge does not get a Sheer Force boost. Rock Slide does.

A higher crit rate doesn't count as a secondary effect?

Dr.Chaos

stick in the mud
According to the latest news on the front page, Keldeo may be getting a new forme as well. What are your guys's thoughts on that? Personally, I think Gamefreak is going overboard with the forme idea.

Aurath8

According to the latest news on the front page, Keldeo may be getting a new forme as well. What are your guys's thoughts on that? Personally, I think Gamefreak is going overboard with the forme idea.

Technically, formes are the only way that GF can introduce 'new' pokemon mid-generation apart from event pokemon. If you don't count Genesect, Arceus or Cherrim, this generation has the same amount of formes as the last: 7.

Psycho Cut

Ok, forget the competitive aspect for 1 sec

tornadus.png

thundurus.png

landorus.png

What the **** are these. Are these Legendary beast spinoffs? I mean, Kyruem formes are already ugly as ****, then they go ahead and do this. What. The. ****.
I'll post with some competitive input at some point, but I have to comment on these.

They're not that bad, the only one which I dislike is Thundurus. Tornadus looks pretty cool, it's just different which is probably why most people don't like it. I actually thing it's a very regal, powerful-looking thing. Landorus' new forme, although it looks like a puppy at first glance, is actually really cool. As BH said, it's a Manticore. A goddamn Manticore! I've always wanted a Manticore Pokemon! :)

Ilan

I wonder if the item is an attachment item or just a item like for shaymin (I hope it is the latter)
They got really nice abilities:
Tornadus- Regenerator- one of the best abilities on offensive and defensive pokemons a like.
Thunderus- Volt Absorb- immunity to a type you don't resist is always great
Landorus-Intimidate- Intimidate is an awesome ability for set up I don't remmember if it gets swords dance but if it does then it is a really good one.

KatieLegends

Freckles and Scarves
I think that Tornadus looks like a roc bird, Thundurus an Eastern dragon of some kind, and, agreeing with BH, Landorus a Manticore. I was thinking at first Landorus looked like a Chinese guardian lion, but a manticore does fit it better. I like these formes a whole lot better than Keshin formes IMO.

Soperman

The One and Only
I wonder if the item is an attachment item or just a item like for shaymin (I hope it is the latter)
They got really nice abilities:
Tornadus- Regenerator- one of the best abilities on offensive and defensive pokemons a like.
Thunderus- Volt Absorb- immunity to a type you don't resist is always great
Landorus-Intimidate- Intimidate is an awesome ability for set up I don't remmember if it gets swords dance but if it does then it is a really good one.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Thunderus was banned because of his capabilities to use Prankster Twave and cripple anyone who can counter him, as well as giving him a turn to set up. His new ability will do the opposite of that; he'll for sure stay in OU, but will be more easily defeated by Scarfers. Also, he's going to out-class Jolteon in every way and just push the little cat-thing down to UU/BL. He already out-classed Zapdos as a sweeper, and Zapdos doesn't even have Volt Absorb yet.
As for Landorus, Intimidate does make him bulkier, but part of what made him so successful was his ability, Sand Force, making his STAB move intensely powerful and his Edgequake coverage really hard to match. Intimidate makes him worse, if anything, because Gyarados and Salamence both have Intimidate, are bulkier (at least in Gyarados' case), and have a much better move-pool. Yes, they don't get STAB Earthquake, but they have access to other moves that gives them really good coverage.
Tornadus is the only one who will get a sort of boost. Regenerator, along with the announced bulk increase, allow for him to be a wall or have some support role. This is radically different from the current use of Tornadus, who is purely a special rain sweeper. His typing isn't great, but Regenerator kind of cancels out his weakness to SR.
Of course, it also depends on move-tutors, other DW pokemon that will be released, and the release of the final three legendaries and Keldeo's new form.