• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Torterra09's NEW SPRITING THREAD!!

What do YOU think of my sprites?

• Awesome! Well Done.

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Good

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Eh, Okay I guess

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • TERRIBLE!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

torterra09

The One To BEAT!!
Hey guys, it's been awhile now and I have decided to comeback to the spriting world with some new sprites.
I've been in this site for awhile now and it seems like this forum is starting to lag a little with the spriting, like a ghost town (OH NO!)

Anyways, here's a taste of a few of my sprites:

bup9.png

Hellias Gym Leader Alora
Based Type: Grass

4arr.png

Hellias Gym Leader Selena
Based Type: Psychic

xvij.png

Hellias Gym Leader Viena
Based Type: Flying

v0j.png

Hellias Gym Leader Barry
Based Type: Bug

3o01.png

Hellias Gym Leader Hiroshi
Based Type: Ground

qlk.png

Hellias Gym Leader Raina
Based Type: Water

g34c.png

Hellias Gym Leader Ignis
Based Type: Fire

5qn.png

Hellias Gym Leader Oscur
Based Type: Dark

bq0r.png

Hellias E4 Sanita
Based Type: Normal

jvc2.png

Hellias E4 Warren
Based Type: Steel

oawt.png

Hellias E4 Elaine
Based Type: Electric

nwjh.png

Hellias E4 Drayson
Based Type: Dragon

OTHER:
f1tv.png

Random E4 Member I sprited

vde8.png

zvys.png

Gym Leader Brawly and Gym Leader Roxxane sprites I made before Black/White were released.

Comments and criticism are allowed!!!!
I hope you guys and gals like my sprites! :)

Last edited:

ZKE

The extended hair on Selena looks very, very odd. Too bright along the whole piece, I think, and I don't really see a black outline anywhere along the outer edge as it should retain.

Viena's right fingers also seem kind of oddly placed, a bit too clumped together? There is definitely something unsettling about their appearance, at any rate.

Your Brawly sprite seems like it is lacking the black outline in a handful of crucial areas - the left shortleg and the hair on that side as well. Outside of that it is pretty well put together.

Roxxane's legs need a bit more color variation/depth in their shading. It looks like you have two colors at play instead of what should be three, so they come off too... bright? Hm, no, that's not quite it but compare them to the shading depth on the upper body - they just stand out in a bad way.

You seem to have a pretty good grasp of shading in general, so not half bad at all, but in others it is sorely lacking. Just keep at it.

torterra09

The One To BEAT!!
The extended hair on Selena looks very, very odd. Too bright along the whole piece, I think, and I don't really see a black outline anywhere along the outer edge as it should retain.

Viena's right fingers also seem kind of oddly placed, a bit too clumped together? There is definitely something unsettling about their appearance, at any rate.

Your Brawly sprite seems like it is lacking the black outline in a handful of crucial areas - the left shortleg and the hair on that side as well. Outside of that it is pretty well put together.

Roxxane's legs need a bit more color variation/depth in their shading. It looks like you have two colors at play instead of what should be three, so they come off too... bright? Hm, no, that's not quite it but compare them to the shading depth on the upper body - they just stand out in a bad way.

You seem to have a pretty good grasp of shading in general, so not half bad at all, but in others it is sorely lacking. Just keep at it.

Thanks for the criticism I appreciate it! And I'll try to rework the hair on Selena since she went through so many hairdos! xD

UPDATE: Here are a bunch of more sprites that ill add to the first post:
v0j.png

Hellias Gym Leader Barry
Based Type: Bug

dmol.png

Hellias Gym Leader Hiroshi
Based Type: Ground

qlk.png

Hellias Gym Leader Raina
Based Type: Water

g34c.png

Hellias Gym Leader Ignis
Based Type: Fire

5qn.png

Hellias Gym Leader Oscur
Based Type: Dark

bq0r.png

Hellias E4 Sanita
Based Type: Normal

jvc2.png

Hellias E4 Warren
Based Type: Steel

oawt.png

Hellias E4 Elaine
Based Type: Electric

nwjh.png

Hellias E4 Drayson
Based Type: Dragon

C+C is appreciated :)

Ayra

~Master Coordinator~
Very nice. The changes are seamless and the color variations are great. Hiroshi doesn't look as good as the others. The colors seem a bit too bright. The Brawly and Roxanne ones have the same problems as Hiroshi. You might want to tone down the brightness on those.

~Ayra~;267;

torterra09

The One To BEAT!!
Very nice. The changes are seamless and the color variations are great. Hiroshi doesn't look as good as the others. The colors seem a bit too bright. The Brawly and Roxanne ones have the same problems as Hiroshi. You might want to tone down the brightness on those.

~Ayra~;267;

Thanks and im in the process of respriting hiroshi as well:
zewg.png

Which of the four is better?
(you can just say sprite 1, 2,3,4 etc...)

torterra09

The One To BEAT!!
Hello again, it's been a few weeks and I would like to revive this thread before a month passes so....

Here's a new and improved sprite of Hiroshi:
3o01.png

Tell me what you guys think, C+C appreciated.

tomthepom

This one seems a lot better than the last few. The left leg still seems a bit off. Try moving the outside line 1 pixel away from the knee. Also your Barry sprite seems very contorted with each section of his body facing a different way.

Darkbladeknight

Master of dragons
Personally I think these sprites are pretty good.