• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Totodile, Croconaw and Feraligatr Club V.2

~*Opal Totodile*~

Aura*~Lovies
jaxonferz, you can join too =3

hmm...new topic =D

How well do you think Totodile and evos compares to the other water starters?

I think not very well...feraligatr is the coolest, but the johto starters are pretty neglected...

mew-the original

Binchsquatch
It got the short end of the stick move-pool wise. But it has the best appearance!

Dark Arceus

Worst. Name. Ever.
jaxonferz, you can join too =3

hmm...new topic =D

I think not very well...feraligatr is the coolest, but the johto starters are pretty neglected...

*runs to 2nd gen. remake thread*

2nd gen forever! *cough* Sorry about that. But yeah, what Opal said.

Welcome new members!

jaxonferz

thanks and i agree with mew the original and dark arceus. apearence: he's the best but i think they should alow these guys to have more moves. a 2nd gen remake would be amazing

~*Opal Totodile*~

Aura*~Lovies
A johto remake would rock, yeah =P

The2ndSelby, glad to have you here ^^

Treemander

~ The Wise Cracker ~
*Water Appears*

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i never heard about a 3rd d/p im just waiting for April 20th to get my hands on Myst Dungeon :D

It's no Swampert, but all of the Water starters have different strengths. Swampert is your tankish/wallish Pokemon. It does a good job in almost any team imo.

Empoleon makes a good Sponge of sorts. I mean, it has access to some good support moves, and has a good Sp.Def. (Not to mention Grass Knot for taking out other Water types.) It's not quite up to the full-blown OU teir, but it can work on an OU team. I've used mine and he (aka Baron) did a good job.

Blastoise is UU for one thing. Don't get me wrong; I love Blastoise. It's just that so many Pokemon outclass Blastoise easily. I mean, bulky waters like Suicune or Milotic have superior stats compared to Blastoise. Although, Blastoise does have access to Rapid Spin, makes a decent phazer with Roar/Yawn, a decend Hazer, and is bulky enough to RestTalk in UU. It can work in OU, but just don't expect it to hurt much of anything.

Feraligatr is a decent Water starter. I'm not just saying that because it's my all-time favorite Pokemon. It's a physical sweeper that can do well in OU, but is stuck in the BL teir. Unfortunetly for Feraligatr, Gyarados does outclass it. Gyara's Ground immunity, Intimidate, and higher Attack make all the difference. On the other side, Feraligatr doesn't have a Stealth Rock weakness, nor does it take x4 damage from Electric Attacks. It also is able to learn Swords Dance.

So... each of the Water starters each do different things.

It got the short end of the stick move-pool wise. But it has the best appearance!
It does have the best appearance. :p lol

But for the movepool, I'd actually have to disagree there. Feraligatr gets a lot of physical attacks:
Waterfall, Aqua Tail, Ice Punch, Ice Fang, Crunch, Brick Break, Focus Punch, Aerial Ace, EQ, Rock Slide, Super Power, Iron Tail, Return, Frustration, Dragon Claw, Shadow Claw, etc.

And it gets some handy boosting moves like DRAGON DANCE :)D), Swords Dance, and Agility.

Last edited:

Terry. T.

One and Only...
I think that Totodile does well against the others, and Feraligatr is probably the starter with the most ATK because it can learn some tough moves, and on Pokemon Ranger 1 it has Break x3. That's my opinion.

jaxonferz

i got a totadile in a trade today for my diamond!!!! yay!!!! and i want a gsc remake so bad becuz i want totadile as my actual starter

Last edited:
^Yeah, me too. There's just no way I could pick Cyndaquil (even if it is one of my favorites) or Chikorita.

Dark Arceus

Worst. Name. Ever.
Sorry to say the if a G/S/C remake ever happens, a 3rd D/P installment seems next in line, so it could be years.

New topic: Which of the other starters would be best against the toto. line?

Bulbasaur, but i'm no expert.

Inferno

Electri-ddiction~
So sorry for inactiveness, I had my second term exams, and got my progress report today, and I got excellent marks :D So I'll be more active until 1st of May :D I deserve a demotion to Croconaw or Totodile because of my inactiveness.....

Which of the other starters would be best against the toto. line?
Infernape, due to it's high speed, and ThunderPunch which is obtained via breeding.

Though Feraligatr might not be the best Water Starter, each Pokemon has a flaw or a weakness point, no Pokemon is perfect, even though Feraligatr isn't as a defensive tank as a Swampert, it can however defeat this tank, every Pokemon specializes in a stat.
Feraligatr is given many Physical attacks, thus making it a great, threatening Physical Sweeper. So...depending on how it's trained, Feraligatr will or will not be able to do well against the other Water Starters

Shadow Aura

Hey, I wanna join!

Totodile has almost always been my favorite Pokémon. That cute little fella simply rocks! ;158;

Probably a grass-type line, as it is the toto-line's only weakness except electricity. Bulbasaur, perhaps?

Dark Arceus

Worst. Name. Ever.
So sorry for inactiveness, I had my second term exams, and got my progress report today, and I got excellent marks :D So I'll be more active until 1st of May :D I deserve a demotion to Croconaw or Totodile because of my inactiveness.....

Welcome back. Of course you shouldn't be demoted.

Hey, I wanna join!

Totodile has almost always been my favorite Pokémon. That cute little fella simply rocks! ;158;

Probably a grass-type line, as it is the toto-line's only weakness except electricity. Bulbasaur, perhaps?

Welcome to the club.

jaxonferz

those are cool