• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Toughest Challenges [Gen I-IV] {MAIN RPG ONLY}

aaron-now

Some the stuff you guys are coming up with I would agree upon.
But to those arguing over the capture of low catch rate pokemon, though I see both sides of the argument please take it else where.

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
Really? Then I must be pretty damn lucky.

And the one time I saw Beldum, this is exactly how the battle went.

A Wild Beldum appeared!

Go! Level 1 Rattata at 1 HP!

Rattata used Endeavor!

Beldum used Take Down! Beldum missed! (Got lucky here I admit)

You threw a Dusk Ball!

Congratulations!

Your level 1 Rattata outsped a level 50+ Beldum AND had only 1HP?

Presumably Beldum was the first thing you encountered?
Forgive me if I find that hard to believe.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Your level 1 Rattata outsped a level 50+ Beldum AND had only 1HP?

Presumably Beldum was the first thing you encountered?
Forgive me if I find that hard to believe.

Rattata was pre-damaged.

Also, that Rattata was "specially" (read: hacked) to have 31 IVs in speed.

And it had a Quick Claw.

I never said it was F.E.A.R.

itsme

(ノ@皿@)ノ ~ lolwut?
I really want to know if anyone got faster than 9.16 seconds at the cycling road in RSE. Before DPPt came out, I used to spam that like crazy and wanted to know if any faster is achievable.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I really want to know if anyone got faster than 9.16 seconds at the cycling road in RSE. Before DPPt came out, I used to spam that like crazy and wanted to know if any faster is achievable.

My memory is incredibly fuzzy, but I think I got a 7 (Very close to 8 seconds if I recall) once.

I remember practicing for hours on that.

And I know I at least beat 10 seconds.

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
Rattata was pre-damaged.

I never said it was F.E.A.R.

I.Vs have almost no notable effect at level 1.

I never said it was F.E.A.R either.

Beldum being the first Pokemon you encounter on route 228 is LUCKY.

You catching the first Beldum you find is LUCKY.

Quick Claw activating is LUCKY.

One Dusk Ball working is LUCKY.

Lots of luck there.
Why bother to hack it's I.Vs, just to stick a Quick Claw on it? That seems redundent.

Drybones446

That Photography Guy

8.96 is my best record.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I.Vs have almost no notable effect at level 1.

I never said it was F.E.A.R either.

Beldum being the first Pokemon you encounter on route 228 is LUCKY.

You catching the first Beldum you find is LUCKY.

Quick Claw activating is LUCKY.

One Dusk Ball working is LUCKY.

Lots of luck there.
Why bother to hack it's I.Vs, just to stick a Quick Claw on it? That seems redundent.

Alright, let's go through your points.

#1 It's a 40% chance. Not that lucky. Besides, I can always run from anything else/switch to another pokemon.

#2 How is catching a pokemon lucky?

#3 Agree with you here.

#4 It could just be my Platinum, but Dusk balls are overpowered. I've captured every Legendary so far with them.

As for why I hacked it's EVs, I don't really know. Just for good measure I suppose. And if I decided to raise it. The Quick Claw was there because I realized it didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of outspeeding a Level 51 Beldum.

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
Capturing the first Beldum you encounter without a hitch is pretty lucky. By which I mean it's Take Down missing.
Apologies for the clarification error there.

I'm not saying you didn't do it, or that it's not possible, merely that with all the luck factors involved, I find it difficult to believe that you weren't/aren't making it up to win over a discussion.

Of course, I am a cynical git with too much time on my hands.

But yeah, too much luck factor imo.