• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Toughest Gym Leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

EspNeon

Badge Collector
Claire is the toughest, no doubt.
Gyrados: Never really struggled here. Ampharos usually takes it down before it can become a problem although Intimidate does play a crucial role.
Dragonair: This is the worst ever. It's pretty much her staller. ThunderWave becomes a huge problem and DragonPulse/FireBlast finish it off relatively quickly.
Dragonair: Not as bad as the first one but still a problem. ThunderWave/Dragon Pulse can become a pain especially when it preceded Kingdra.
Kingdra: I hate this one. It's a constant problem. It's got a great defence and attack, adding Smokescreen to increase loss of accuracy and then HydroPump and HyperBeam, this easily can wipe any of my teams out.

Whitney is a close second though.
Clefairy: No problem as long as I get rid of it quickly (which I usually do). CuteCharm and double slap start to become deadly and metronome is hit or miss.I've seen worse.
Miltank: The devil. It's got a great defence and Attract followed by Stomp just becomes a road to hell. MilkDrink is just a constant pain but it's easier to defeat than Clair's Kingdra.

Chuck and Blue and Morty are fairly tough but given the right team they cause no hassle at all.

bulbasean

Whitney of course, also Chuck...

Fugazy

DanHarmonForEver
Whitney and her Miltank! My god! I hated her so much.. :(

MagnetonNr1

Steel-type Trainer
Sabrina, since I had no Ghost/Dark/Bug-type moves and since I was pretty underleveled her Alakazam pretty much owned me.

QueenDragonRider

Friend of Pikachu
So far, in my Heartgold game, the toughest Gym Leader I faced was Chuck. Him using Focus Punch really wiped me out....

Cosmos

Whitney wasn't that hard, although I did stack my team so it was easy. The one that irked me the most was Jasmine since I only had Maganium, Beedrill, and Victribell.

BurningWhiteKyurem

Claire had me dropping my jaws in rage when I faced her, I took care of Dragonairs and Gyarados...but then came Kingdra and 3 straight critical hit Hydro Pumps...had to rely on Espeon to finish off the match.

joep05

master of disaster
aside from pryce ive lost against all of them at some point... even falkner although in my defence i did have just a chikorita.

jasmine is tough because that steelix is higher in level than it should be (needless to say that pryce isnt)

i always struggled the most with whitneys miltank and mortys gengar, gottaa rule in favour of whitney

ThunderPuncher

Electrifying!
Whitney & Claire gave me the most challenge out of all the Johto Gym Leaders.

But it seemed like Whitney was easier and Claire was harder in HGSS than they were in GSC.

~Kari~

Whitney was actually easy for me. Clair was hard because I didn't have any ice or dragon moves. Her Kingdra killed me a few times.

MegaSerperior

<--- My life
Whitney and Clair. Ugh those 2 are so annoying! Whitney's Miltank would get my Pokemon infatuated and then when i finally landed an attack, she just used Milk Drink. Then for Clair, all of my Pokemon except for my starter were extremely underleveled and my Meganium couldn't even touch her Pokemon.

Whitney and Clair. They were easy since I knew their weaknesses, but they were still really flipping annoying...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Clair, I got paralyzed alot

dLOSINGSTREAKb

Fangs up!!!
If you dont over train, bugsy's scyther will give ou trouble. Also if you give Whitney's Miltank a change to get roll out going, that can be a huge pain

Status
Not open for further replies.