• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Toughest Gym Leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigilyph2

Trainer of Champions
I had lots of trouble with Whitney's Miltank, and with Clair's Kingdra which made both of them a pain, but I got lots of good training out of it.

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
I'd say Clair because her Kingdra was that tough. I don't find Whitney that hard of a gym battle though, she's more like moderate for me.

For me, Morty and that gengar. It took me so many tries to finally get that gengar out of the way and surviving enough to finish the haunter and the rest off. Only later did I let my Quilava/Typhlosion learn Shadow Claw.

Afterwards, Whitney and the Miltank, but that only took one try, quite annoying though.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Haha. Kinda gives me an edge since I hatched a badass Togepi and used special rend and got me out of the gym fast enough.
But Whitney wasn't hard at all. Maybe it's because I had a Chinochou egg that had surf and ice beam and thunderbolt transferred.

Lemme tell you who's hard: Sabrina
She one-hit koed my gengar. *Should've gotten an alakazam*

Natsuri

I didn't really have trouble with the HGSS gym leaders. I was a bit apprehensive before fighting against Withney and Bugsy since they gave me a hard time in G/S (even with Cyndaquil as partner), but maybe Clair was the most annoying of all.

ebevan91

Haha. Kinda gives me an edge since I hatched a badass Togepi and used special rend and got me out of the gym fast enough.
But Whitney wasn't hard at all. Maybe it's because I had a Chinochou egg that had surf and ice beam and thunderbolt transferred.

Lemme tell you who's hard: Sabrina
She one-hit koed my gengar. *Should've gotten an alakazam*

Sabrina is very hard if you're not prepared. Her Espeon swept all 6 of my Pokemon.

Cutty

Forever now

I'm gonna say Clair for Johto and Misty and Sabrina for Kanto.

LeafLord

Gym Leader
The most annoying: Whitney & her ever-healing Miltank
The Toughest: CLAIR! It took me a while to get past her tbh. Took me a lot of practice to hear, "Your not getting this gym badge"? lolNO

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
I never really had to big of a problem with any of them but at the moment in my HG nuzlocke, it was Clair as I had just lost my Magneton due to a critical hit the battle before Clair. So her dragons were a bit of a pain.

Flandre

Fluffy Flareon
Whitney didn't give me any trouble in SS, but back in Crystal/Silver she was a right royal pain... in SS it'll be that Kingdra of Clairs . :C

Doodlebug

war flashbacks
for johto..........Bugsy. i was so weak -_-; i had to try 8 times.......pathetic :D

Kanto: SABRINA. and Blue.........

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
I didn't have to much trouble with any of them, but i would say Kingdra OR Whitney was the hardest..

JonT

As I like dragon type pokémon, I did'nt have trouble with Claire. Whitney was a pain for me at first, but once I get my Aipom, I used the Rock smash and Tickle combo (and the Poison powder of Bayleef helps too ;) ).

In Kanto I didn't have too much trouble, but I was surprised by the Machamp of Blue a couple of times

Last edited:
I found Jasmine (the Steel Type trainer?) Was the hardest Gym Battle in Heartgold.

But this is because i don't use Fire Pokémon that much....

WinterStarlight

Let us eat!
Whitney! That Miltank of hers always beats me. In fact, I think Whitney was the only gym leader that was able to beat me. I always found her to be the toughest.
Jasmine had to be another tough one, since I barely managed to beat her.

Durbe

I'm tired
I never had any trouble with the gym leaders in HGSS, but I have to say Clair.
Whitney wasn't a trouble for me, but in Crystal she was.

Kabloosh

None of them really stood out. I had a powerful and effective team that was able to easily match any gym leader I came across. Helped I also used this website to prepare myself too. The Kanto leaders were even more so easier since I'm loaded with legendaries. The rematch of the elite four has proven to be extremely difficult though. Most of my guys haven't even gotten past L60 yet save for the Lugia I recently caught. I've been forced to power level at Mt. Silver which sucks cause it takes forever to gain levels now.

GreekAnalyzer

Rocket Admin
Whitney's bleepin' Miltank. I hated that thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.