• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Toughest Gym Leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemys42

Nibelung Valesti
Whitney always gave me a challenge with that Miltank of hers, but it really wasn't that hard on this new playthrough. I was prepared for her with a Butterfree. I put her Miltank to sleep and she was history. And Clair always was tough for me back then, but again my Butterfree helped me a lot by putting her Pokemon to sleep. So, I'd say Whitney.

TanBun

I'm back :3
I had TOTALLY NO PROBLEM with Whitney. I used my lv 29 Quilava and lvl29 Pidgeotto. (The only team members i had at that point)
Mine would be the Ghost guy

Roy9

Sinnoh Master
Morty, in that part of the game I have was a little bit underleveled, so that gengar swept my team every time!

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Back in the day of the original GSC it was Whitney. Her Miltank was a nightmare and while it's still a challenge, the one that gave me the most problems in my Soul Silver game is Clair's Kingdra. The thing scored several critical hits on me with Dragon Pulse alone. It took down two of my best pokemon with Critical hits. I detest you, Kingdra. Morty is also another one that was much harder in the remake. Mainly because his Gengar didn't try to spam Hypnosis the entire fight and went right for the Shadow Ball. So Whitney, Morty, and Clair for me. Blasted Kingdra.

Whitney with her Miltank... I didnt beat it until my Quilava was like lvl.30 and even that was close enough. As said above clairs kingdra was a bit tough too. Apart from that johtos gyms were easily defeated.

KillerDraco

I've always thought Johto's Gym Leaders were among the easiest, in all honesty. But if I had to choose one, it'd be Clair, since her Kingdra is something that you can't really just use the "Hit for super effective damage" formula, given you're unlikely to have any dragon type attacks at the time. But even then, she wasn't too overwhelmingly hard, as it was nothing some solid neutral STABs couldn't fix.

TheNiallMc1

Gym Leader Niall
That dragon type woman (I've forgotten what she's called) cos I was being stupid and hadn't evolved my cyndaquil yet so I kept losing due to lack of stats and in the end I had to borrow my brother's feraligatr which had ice fang

Clair? If yes, then I agree, she was a pain in the ***.

Icarus©

Full on PASBLer
Never had trouble with the gym leaders back in the days when i only trained my starter..
Those were good times
i had trouble with Clair/ice grandpa in my nuzlocke though
For clair her dragonair would spam twave before i could finish it off, then the kingdra would finish everyone off
Ice grandpa kept spamming hail, so his swinubevo was really annoying

Canada

Banned
I didn't have trouble with any of them, not even Whitney. I guess I struggled a little with Blue but that's it.

DarkSword39

Heehouhouhouhou!
Pryce. Even though I had Quilava, he was really hard. Seel was easy, along with Piloswine.

But that Dewgong. I had one Pokemon left, Miltank. I would've lost if I didn't get a critical hit. It kept using Rest!

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Clair. Actually not a struggle at all. Its just a close battle. between her Gyarados and Mine.
low HP left as well as my last Pokemon, I used Dragon Rage as my last hope and fortunately it took it down. I was quite happy about that, but got annoyed when she didn't give moi my badge >:c

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
Clair. Her Pokemon were very tough and neither of the three starters could lay a finger on her team. It used to be Whitney until I OHKOed her Miltank with Fire Blast from my Quilava.

telivisionhead

Who was the toughest/hardest gym leader for you to beat. Mine would be Whitney I always hated that Miltank.

Same. she kept healing. But on my 3rd playthrough(current play through) I have a heracross that has brick break. My hardest was Surge in kanto because i had ferligater and he was level 60 all my other pokemon were level 20.... o_O
for johto. Falkner annoyed me but then mareep came soo Uhh cant be clair I had ice fang. I dont know really think it was 7th badge because my team started getting soggy in 20s and level 40 ferligater....

telivisionhead

I've always thought Johto's Gym Leaders were among the easiest, in all honesty. But if I had to choose one, it'd be Clair, since her Kingdra is something that you can't really just use the "Hit for super effective damage" formula, given you're unlikely to have any dragon type attacks at the time. But even then, she wasn't too overwhelmingly hard, as it was nothing some solid neutral STABs couldn't fix.

Clair maybe becausee her kindra for 2nd hardest in johto. Since ice fang didnt do much as shes water and clair kept healing :mad: Does clair have gyadous or is that lance. Lance has it but maybe clair too. If so that guys annoying if you have no electric for gyadous

fire.

Does clair have gyadous or is that lance.
Both of them have a Gyarados. Clair will use it as her first pokémon (in SS and HG), if you fight against her in the gym.

Clair is the toughest gym leader, I think, because dragon-type Pokémon do not like Ice and Dragon. Mostly these typs cannot be caught until this moment. Okay, there are some of them, but...
Nonetheless her Kingdra is very strong, because only dragon-type moves are effective.

For me, the toughest gym leaders I've battled were:

Whitney: Her Miltank was challenging to battle, but I had a fighting-type Pokemon in my team, so it wasn't too hard.

Morty: I swear, I kept losing to his Gengar. I had to train a lot before battling him.

Clair: Of course, dragon-types are tough to beat. But I think I defeated Clair in one try.

pokemonmaster99325

pokemon master!!!!
Whitney...her milk tank is sooo annoying kept using attract and milk drink !!! her stomp attack kept making me flinch! i wonder if it will be easier to defeat Whitney in hg than in ss because i have more pokemon in hg than i did in ss at that moment

Status
Not open for further replies.