• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tournament Of Champions

Rhys29

Encore
Chapter 1: Collection

Everything is only as real as you make it.

Fear burned at him as he stared into his oppositions eyes who burned like pits of hell. Behind him stood a towering figure atleast twice his size, huge spikes extending from it's black form. The sand and wind ripped as his skin as he sat dumbstruck before the ominous shadows. The monsterous black creature opened its eyes and everything went dark.

"Gah!" Isaac awoke with a startled cry. The top sheet dropped from his chest as he sprang up and scanned the room from his bed. Nothing. He could feel his heart pounding in his chest as his eyes stared blankly at the wall in front of him. His breathe was ragged and his hands shook to support him. A few moments passed as Isaac sat propped up in bad, his mind blank and his eyes seeing nothing. A familiar voice popped into his head, Focus. His arms stopped shaking and his breathing became silent. Isaac hunched forward and brought one hand up to his face as he closed both of his deep brown eyes. His fingers slid into his black, messy hair as his palm covered the left side of his face. He took a deep breath, held it for a second, and then realeased it, his heart rate returning to normal. He opened his right eye slightly and gazed down at the white sheets that covered his body.

"Focus" Lance instructed.

Isaac turned to him, obviously frustrated, "I'm trying. It's not easy to watch things at this speed and react accordingly when you first start!"

Lance's stern expression didn't flinch, "Focus is the key behind every battle, without it you are destined to lose. If you cannot focus on what you are doing, you are painting a giant target on the center of your Pokemon's forehead. Focusing on what is right and what needs to be done is how a trainer is made and molded. Focus."

It's been so long since I've seen them... he thought as his mind began to clear. What, five years now? he shook his head and sighed, closing his one open eye. His mind was blank. And then something occured to him. His eyes flashed open and the white walls and sheets of the Pokemon center met them.

"It's... bright outside..?" he thought outloud. He rubbed his left eye tenderly and turned to his nightstand. At the foot of the side table rested his back pack with his clothes neatly folded on top, in order from his beige pants, white long sleeved shirt, and his blue tee. On top of the nightstand sat his watch seemingly tossed on the surface. He reached out and grabbed one of the leather straps and brought it in front of his face. He looked down at the tiny hands on the face of the watch. Then he blinked. Surely it coudn't be 11:32 already...

"GAH! I was supposed to meet Joshua and the girls downstairs already! I'm like..." he trialed off for a second and to look back at the watch before he continued his panicked realization, "2 hours late!" He jumped out of bed and threw on his clothes at top speed. His footsteps were like thunder as he bounded down the lodging stairs of the Pokemon Center. He burst into the main room of the center and frantically searched the room.

The several people who were inside gave him an odd look as he ran into the room, gasping and panting. Several couches where occupied in the center of the room with several chairs in front of the PC systems over in the far right corner. The whole place was white tiled and kept nice and tidy; no trash or paper littered the floors. After finding his three companions were no longer at the center, he made his way to the counter, bumping into one patron and immediately apologizing. Behind the counter stood one of the beautiful Nurse Joy sisters, wearing her usual white apron and pink dress and on her head sat a white nurse cap with a large red '+' on it.

"Hello and welcome to the Pokemon Center!" She announced in her warm, soothing voice as Isaac skidded to a halt in front of the counter.

"I'm looking for my friends, they should have been out here about two or so hours ago. Two girls one guy. The guy is about 6 feet with blue jeans and a case of acne, one girl had red hair and a read coat with a white shirt, kinda bossy, and the other girl had hazel hair and looked like she was a fashion model. Have you seen them?" His words came out in bursts as he tried to catch his breath.

Joy rose one finger to her lips and her eyes drifted towards the ceiling as she pondered. "Hmmm, I think I remember someone like that..." A look of revelaion crossed her face and her hand curled into a fist and she lightly pounded the palm of her other hand like a hammer. "Ah, that's it. Yes, I remember them. They came down at... about... 9:30 or so."

Relief and excitement washed over Isaac, "Do you know where they went?"

"I remember they came down and sat on the couch for about 20 seconds before the one you would consider a 'fashion model' - ("Nina," Isaac confirmed and nodded) - suddenly yelled 'Booooring!' Then she said something about how she couldn't wait any longer and she wanted to get some shopping done while she was here. ("Typical Nina..." Isaac said mostly to himself) The other girl agreed, however the boy was more for waiting for 'Isaac', who is you I presume."

"Yeah, Isaac's the name. What happened after that?"

"Well the other girl... I think they called her Rose... said that you could find them on your own if you were half the man she thought you were. (Isaac's head dropped forward, "Typical Rose...") Then before the other guy could resist, Nina grabbed him by the back cuff of his shirt and dragged him off, saying she needed him to be a pack mule for all her clothes. I believe he said: 'Dear God help me!' if I remember correctly."

Poor Joshua... he thought. "Okay, thank you very much for the lodging!" Isaac turned to leave but something caught the back of his shirt and he choked as his collar slammed into his neck, forcing a noise out of him that sounded like: 'Gack!'. He fell on his butt and rubbed his neck as he turned back to see what it was.

Nurse Joy was looming over him with a slip of paper with several listed items scribbled on them, "Hold on. The red one said you'd pay for their stay when you came down." She shoved the paper in front of his face as he sat dumbstruck. The paper lowered as Isaac read the final tab, his face grim with annoyance. "She said you wouldn't mind paying for the extra room service. Will that be in cash or cash?"

~~~

Looking into his empty wallet, Isaac trudged through the streets of Celadon alone. Half his face twitched as he walked, his anger from having to pay the whole bill still hung heavy on his shoulders. Somehow I knew Rose would find some way to make me pay for sleeping in... he thought as he plodded on.

The streets were bustling with people and Pokemon. Trainers walked with their partners scurrying around their ankles or perched on their shoulders. A battle had even broken out between two trainers and a circle of bystanders watched them at a distance. The buildings reached to the skys and towered over him as he passed under their shadows.

I wonder where the others are... Isaac thought as his head swiveled and pivoted, searching for a sign of his comrades. Something to his left caught his eye and he kept pace while attempting to focus in on it. It looked as though a man in a dark hood was ontop of a cottage with a small lake in front of it. He squinted, trying to see inside the man's dark hood.

Isaac hit something hard and tumbled to the ground. He fell onto his back and let out a groan. As he rolled back up to a sitting position, rubbing his head, a light colored box fell and bounced off his head. He looked up to see what had dropped it on him only to be buried by several more boxes as they smothered him. His head popped out of the pile of boxes with an annoyed look on his face as he puffed a gust of air to knock a box balancing on his head off. He looked across from him and there sat Joshua, dazed and confused on the ground. "Wha... Josh..?" A fist came down on the back of Isaac's head and a familiar voice followed it...

(If you're looking for a specific person to talk next, you can simply say: 'popcorn: <insert name>'. If it doesn't really matter, than don't say it)
Popcorn: Nina (Seijiro Mafune)

treespyro

Vintage much?
"Agent Blanc" a voice appeared out of clock, "Agent Blanc" as she hit the clock, "What is it, Chief" asked Charisse who got out of bed wearing her sliky satin garment, She had long dark brown hair as unlike most was actually a model. She had beautiful blue eyes with dazzeled with the light.

"Remember the whole briefing, The Tournament" said the voice as Charisse jumped, "Oh shoot is that today" she said taking off her dressing gown revealing her stunning figure. "No Agent Blanc, Not today" said the voice as it sighed. "But then, wait can you call me Agent Beautiful" she giggled getting into the shower, "Err...No, we will send the plane later, Remember your weapons, have a safe trip Agent Blanc"

Charisse had a european accent which made her voice sound sexy and seductive, she took off her engagement ring as she turned the water on.

Charisse wore a sliky black dress as she walked into plane with her black heels hit the metal staircase, "Charisse guess who" said the man covering her eyes, "Nico" she happily squealed and turned out, "But how" Charisse asked as she hugged the man as tears sloly made it is way on to the floor, "The Chief" she said as Nico nodded as she kissed him on his lips.

"Don't worry after the mission, we can settle this divorce" Nico said as he walked towards Charisse after putting the plane on autopliot, "Want to spend some time together, Charisse" he winked as he picked up Charisse bridal style and carried her to the toliet as they entered, "Oh Nico" was the only voice that come out.

After they landed, "Nico, I will talk to you and call you" she said as she hugged him. "Don't worry dear" he said kissing her as she broke it off, "Bye my ex to be" Charisse giggled as she walked and spotted two men on the ground and a women

"Interesting" she thought as she walked towards a hotel, "May I make a reservation" she said as she walked towards the desk, the Lady smiled. "Name Please" she asked as Charisse answered, "Charisse Blanc" as the lady entered her name, "Ok Ms. Blanc or Misses, Room 283" she said as Charisse replied "Miss, getting married soon" as sht lady happily nodded handing her keys

Charisse entered her room and open the satin curtains as she opened the door to the balcony and look at the view, "Ok then," she said holding her pistol, "I will have to meet with those children for answers" she said walking back into her room and out of it as she walked towards the bar.

OOC: I Should meet you guys, over shopping, Hopefully this is a good start

Last edited:

Seijiro Mafuné

Diogomainardista!
(OoC: Wow, rabbits much? Well, let's try to keep up then...)

Nina groaned, as she saw the mess-up. The young lass had just managed to find their so-called 'leader', but unfortunately, said 'leader' had been found by slamming against her carefully-packed and selected clothes, which were now scattered all over the floor. To make things worse, at least a few of those things had fallen off onto the street! She barely managed to grab them, and even then...

"What kind of person pushes their horns so loudly in front of others? I can't stand such jerks!" she snapped, a bit loudly, before she noticed the two of them were still sitting down like idiots. "Oh, but of course!" she added, placing the boxes on one hand as she approached him. She didn't have much of a balance, but it'd be enough for now.

With a breath, she slapped Isaac on the back of his head, trying to aim as close to the neck as possible. For all of her care and self-restraint, she could at least make that hurt...

"I hope you're happy, sleepy-boy!" Nina told him, trying to glare at the teen while keeping her free hand close to her hips; unfortunately, the pain was very obvious in her expression, so she looked a bit stupid. "You nearly wasted my shopping efforts! And you didn't even get up at the time we agreed to! I had even woken up earlier than usual so that I could prepare myself without it being such a mess like last time!"

After a few moments, she sighed, her chest heaving as she did so. "A-ny-way..." she stated, before motioning with her free hand. "Are you awake yet, or do I have to slap you silly again?"

Son_of_Shadows

Joshua - Street - Celadon City

"Sorry, Isaac. I couldn't really see where I was going." Joshua stood up and brushed himself off. He sighed, and began to pick up the rest of Nina's various boxes and bags. She certainly had bought a lot. Joshua briefly pondered where she'd got all the money... and how she was holding all those boxes with one hand. Maybe he should visit a gym one of these days... Nah. Like he could afford that...

"Sorry, Nina. Maybe if you stopped insulting me, I'd be more efficient," he said sarcastically, "And maybe if you weren't such a freaking shopaholic, I could see where I'm going! What the hell did you even need me for if you can carry all those boxes with one hand?!" he asked angrily. Joshua's rational side felt guilty about yelling at a 13-year old girl, but, right now, that didn't matter. First priority: calm down. Count to ten, count to ten, said his rational side.

Joshua breathed deeply, counted Nina's boxes, and calmed himself. His rational side took over.

"Phew... Good to see you up at last, sleepyhead," he said, ruffling Isaac's hair, "If you're wondering why I came along... Well, I certainly didn't do it for the lulz," he said, pointing at his sweatshirt. I finally got to use that joke today. Sweet. Joshua looked around for Rose. He figured Isaac'd want a word with her, since she'd forced him to pay for the stay at the Pokemon Centre.

(OOC: I'm from the UK, that's how we spell "center". I'm just throwing that out there...)

treespyro

Vintage much?
"Well, This is fun" she said exiting the hotel after having a drink, "Infomation gives you a lot" she happpily said holding her pistol. "Agent Gibson" she whispered as a man came out from a car dressed as a valet, "What is it Agent Blanc" he asked as Charisse gave him a file and a piece of equipment, "And what else," Gibson asked, "Nearest Mall" Charisse asked as she looked around.

"Yeah, Over Agent, Nice working with you" he said as he drove off, "Shopping" she happily said as she spotted the kids again, "Shopping first then questioning" she said as she bumped into Joshua.

"Sorry about my accident" She said as she looked at Joshua whom fell on the ground, her pistol fell out but caught it before anyone noticed, "I am new here" she said as she remembered something. "Sorry, there is a sale going on, bye" she ran towards the mall until out of sight.

"Ok, I got his DNA, Gibson here you are" Charisse gave Gibson in his car the piece of jewellery, "Then clean it and give infomation about him ASAP," she said as Gibson nodded and drove off. "Now Shopping time" she said entering the shop and fixing her dark brown hair. "Ooo...Sale time" she said getting out her designer purse.

Rhys29

Encore
Isaac rolled his eyes as Nina continued to lecture him. He had gotten used to it by now and the blast of angry nagging in his ear was nothing more than a light ringing. His eyes trailed back to the house he had seen earlier. The man was no where in sight. I wonder what I really saw... he thought. Suddenly Joshua reached forward and mussed his hair, knowing that his one hatred of people touching his hair would make him focus. He shot Joshua an evil glare as he attempted to make a ploy about his signature sweatshirt that read "Does it for lulz".

"How many times have I told you NOT TO TOUCH MY HAIR!" He grumpily twisted on the ground, turning his back to them. He then happened to notice something strange about all the men passing by. Each of them had a dreamy look on his face and was staring at something right above him. He turned his head up and realized they had been staring at Nina, who was wearing something skimpy, as usual, with her hands on her hips. He looked back out on the older men now fantasizing about a 13 year old girl. Pigs... he thought to himself. In the distance something caught his eye.

Standing up he looked through the crowd and noticed a group of young teens in a circle a ways off. Each of them wore a navy blue coat and dark gray pants. From what he could hear from them, they were pretty ******. He turned back to the other two, "Yeah, yeah, I'm awake mom. Let's go see what's up," he jabbed his thumb in the direction of the group. He pushed his way through the crowd, apologizing with every nudge. He reached the edge of the group and he could clearly hear what one was saying.

"Listen girly, what makes you think you're better than all of us, HUH?" His accent was sluggish and made him sound dull and unnitelligent. A thought occured to him and dread shot a tingle down his spine. No, she wouldn't do... He trailed off as he looked into the crowd and caught sight of a stunning girl a little older than him dressed in red. Oh God she did...

treespyro

Vintage much?
"Hey this looks good," She thought walking into the her room. "Maybe I should try this one" she said looking at the bags, as she looked at her long black evening gown, "This better" she said getting her expensive satin purse and her high heels as she walked out of her room slipping her pistol in her dress and in her Bra, "Great place to keep it" she smiled. "Oh wait, Make-up" she thought as she added lipstick and a bit of eye shadow, "Oh the hair" she thought as she straighten her hair for 20 minutes, "Now I can go" she said walking out of her room

Charisse walked back from her hotel room after dropping off 20 bags of shopping, "I hope the Chief doesn't get mad" she said smiling as she looked around until her heard a noise, "Oh, Looks like a fight, This may give answers or provide some fun" she said withdrawing her pistol

Charisse heard a group of people, "Very Interesting" she said as she walked towards the group of guys, "Well, I might as well get answers" she said as she stood next to Isaac.

"Why Hello, What is happening here" she asked as she stood next to Isaac, "Hmmm...." she thought "Or are you in the dark like I am" she said standing next to Isaac as she smiled and placed a recorder disguised as a hairclip on her hair as she tied it like a French Twist, "Well I guess, i'll be off" she smiled as she walked away

Last edited:

Son_of_Shadows

Joshua - Celadon City - Street

Not again... Twice in the space of a minute?! thought Joshua as he stood up again, having been knocked over by a woman, who apologised, then rushed off to some sale. Joshua sighed, and picked up the boxes that fell to the ground when he was knocked over.

"Wow, this really isn't my morning," he said, to no-one in particular. Joshua then noticed the men, walking past, each looking at Nina. He felt like yelling "For God's sake, she's thirteen, you creeps!" at them. But, rationality prevailed, and he decided not to make a scene. Besides, this sort of thing happened wherever they went. It just got under his skin for some reason.

Isaac gestured towards a group of teenagers, and walked towards them. There appeared to be some sort of commotion. Joshua was curious too, and took a few steps, before saying "You coming?" to Nina, who seemed annoyed that Isaac had walked off, right in the middle of her rant.

Upon reaching the crowd, Isaac was spoken to by the same woman from earlier, who had knocked him down. Joshua noticed a pretty girl in red in the centre of the crowd. Typical... he thought. This was going to be a long day.

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Rose looked at the group of ticked off teenagers.

"I don't think I'm better than you," she said arrogantly "I know I am." There was a barrage of angry shouts from the group, which she ignored.

"You can't be serious!" one of them yelled, stepping out of the crowd. Suddenly, Rose had a Poke Ball in her hand.

"Want to try me?" she asked, smiling.

"You're on girly!" her new opponent yelled, pulling a Poke Ball out of his coat.

"Roselia, bloom!" Rose yelled, throwing the Poke Ball. Her Roselia emerged in a burst of white light and rose petals, the petals coming from several Seals attached to the ball.

"Onix!" the boy yelled, throwing his Poke Ball. A giant grey snake made of rocks emerged into the rapidly cleared space between Roselia and the boy.

"Attract," Rose said. Pink hearts flew from Roselia and hit Onix. The giant snake stood frozen, staring at Roselia.

"Now Energy Ball!" Rose ordered, getting into the battle spirit. A ball of green energy built between Roselia's flowers before shooting into Onix and exploding with a burst of green mist and the scent of flowers. Onix shook slightly as pain flooded its body.

"Razor Leaf!" Rose said, smiling. Sharp edged leaves sliced the air and cut into Onix. The snake cried out in pain and collapsed. Its trainer stood completely still, a look of shock on his face.

"Good work Roselia," Rose said "keep yourself looking lovely. Return." She held out a Poke Ball and Roselia was sucked into it in a blaze of red light. She turned and started walking towards Isaac.

"How could some girl do that?" one of the teenagers said. Rose turned slightly, looking back with a furious expression.

"Don't ever try and say that a girl can't be a good trainer," she said furiously, turning back towards Isaac sharply and making her coat billow around her.

Rhys29

Encore
Isaac turned to the woman who had mysteriously appeared by his side. "I uh..." before he could continue he recognized the familiar sounds of pokeballs being realeased and turned towards the flashes of light to see a Roselia standing before Rose. He sighed, but a sly grin slid over his face, "Sorry ma'am, I need to take care of some business first."

He turned towards Nina and Joshua, "Hey guys, looks like their ready for a fight. I think it's time we give 'em one!" Quickly bowing to the woman, he skirted off towards the group. A blast of energy had just slammed into an Onix and it's cries filled the air. Several passer-byes turned towards the crowd and cautiously inched towards them. As he reached the edge of the mob, one of the members stepped out from the center of the group and spoke, "Hey, there's a battle going on here, why don't you step off?"

Isaac chuckled lightly and brushed his bangs away with one hand and let it linger in front of his eyes. One eye flashed open and a visible shiver shot down the boy's spine. "I'm not here to stop anything."

A snarl ripped over the face of the boy and he growled, "Alright you punk, time for you to face the Fighting master of team Cannon!" He reached to his belt and clicked the center of a pokeball, the item enlarging to the size of a softball. "Breloom, time to go!" He tossed the ball between the two of them and took a few steps back.

Isaac fluidly reached behind him to the three Pokeballs snapped into his belt, fingered all three, and then chose the far left. Whipping his hand back and snapping his wrist, he sent the ball flying as it enlarged and spun throw the air. "Glace, let's do this!" Both balls landed next to each other and then burst open with blinding light. From the boy's ball formed a mushroom like pokemon with almost talon like fingers and large, bulky legs. Isaac's orb had held a light blue Pokemon with large ears that resembled a icy fox.

I guess today is going to be a little bit more interesting than I thought...

CELEBRATION!!! 1000 POSTS!

treespyro

Vintage much?
"Well that was mildly entertaining" she said walking off into the darkness until she went into an alley as she looked around the wall and kicked it. The wall opened.

"Miss Blanc, welcome" said an middle-aged women in a dress, "Really Judy, We need to find better places". Charisse said, "Yeah, well The Chief is expecting you" she said as Charisse nodded and walked into the office.

"Yes Chief" Charisse asked, "Ah yes, Agent Blanc, Firstly enjoy the plane flight" Charisse blushed at the mention of the flight, "I assumed that you did, Anyway we have promoted you to a new status, where you get better weapons and a Licence to Kill" said The Chief who was currently wearing is pinstripe shirt. "Thanks, Where do I get the Guns" Charisse happily asked, as The Chief pointed left as he handed her some files. "Pallet Town, Hmmm..." she though glimpsing through the files as she picked up her equipment.

"A Walther PPK?" A surprised Charisse to the man, "You seem to know your weapons, It is a standard but it is still good and you get a car under Government orders but really I don't see the point"

Charisse squealed in delight as she walked into the showroom filled with many glossy sportcars, "Oh Wow, So many" Charisse said as the Man turned a light on, "You get one free one, they have been modified to include weapons, items and more horsepower" Charisse looked confused, "But can they carry many shopping bags" she asked looking at the light, "Ah Yes, some do" the man sighed, "Leather seats, Cigar lighter and Drink holder" she said still looking "Very well then" The man sighed as he sat down on a chair.

"I'll pick this one" she said picking the black coloured car, "Ah the BMW E60 M5, Good classical choice but kind of Powerful for this area" said the man as Charisse jumped in, "How did you get this" she asked as she put on her sunglasses, "We have our ways" said the man as Charisse drove off. "Pallet Town, Interesting" as her car roared past Isaac and his group, "I can't believe that kid called me Ma'am, This is an insult, Oh well" she thought , "At least they sent my bags" she laughed as she drove off towards Pallet Town

OOC: A bit Flemingish I guess

Last edited:

Seijiro Mafuné

Diogomainardista!
"I'm not your mom!" Nina snapped, as she glared at the two boys, a blush on her face. "But if you aren't going to be responsible, then I'm going to make you learn some lessons about it! It's not like we don't expect a lot out of you, don't you know?" After telling Isaac off, she was about to rant at Joshua for his own rant, when she saw him get slammed onto the ground by a woman. Before she knew it, she was laughing at him, covering her mouth with her free hand, while using the other one to give him the other packages she was carrying.

"You... you okay down there?" she asked, concern almost showing in her voice, but she was laughing too much to care. Even though it was a rather contagious kind of laughter, however, the others probably wouldn't find it as funny. Still, when he glared at her general direction, she ended up stopping her laughter, not understanding why he was doing that. True, she was mocking him, but... he looked pretty serious now.

Still, as Isaac left towards a different direction, she hurried up towards him, wondering what was going-

"W-what?!" she squealed, as she saw those teens wearing those creepy uniforms, and then the signs that Rose had picked a fight with them... not to mention the one who was challenging Isaac to a fight now (or was it the opposite? She couldn't tell). "Isaac... what are you doing?!" she added, her voice sounding more panicked now. Those... those were bad guys, right? They shouldn't be fighting them! Bad guys were pretty mean and did mean things! She had heard the stories!

Last edited:

Rhys29

Encore
Isaac glanced at Nina as she squealed in protest of his challenge, "There's never time to look back if you want to move forward." Turning back to his the battle at hand he had just enough time to notice the opponent had launched an attack as he had talked with Nina and now Breloom's fist was glowing with a strange light and charging at Glace. "Quick, Protect!"

Glace let out a wail as it snapped it's head up. A strange white screen of light covered it's body before the foes fist slammed into his body. The attack failing, the Breloom quickly retreated back several hops. It's trainer spoke, "Now we got 'em Breloom, now use Solar Beam!" The Breloom nodded and held it's arms up to the sky above. Light began focusing around the Pokemon as the sun poured over it's body. As the aura strenghtened, the shield around Glace evaporated. The Pokemon let out a sigh and stared almost emotionlessly back at the opponent.

"Quick, before it finishes charging, Ice Shard!" cried Isaac. Instantly small disks off ice formed around Glace's body and with a flick of his chin they hurtled towards the Breloom.

"Heh, it's too late!" The boy mocked as the light aura deepened and then solidified around the Breloom as it seemed to twitch, "Breloom, fire now! Melt the Ice Shard and knock this guy out!" The Pokemon's head snapped forward with a glare on it's face. It opened it's mouth and let out a tremendous cry as a large yellow beam of concentrated solar power burst from its mouth. The shards of ice were instantly melted and evaporated as the beam collided with them, leaving no trace behind. The boy watched in triumph as the blast closed in on Glaceon. His expression dissappeared as he noticed Isaac had not panicked at all at his seemingly grim situation.

The corner of his mouth curled into a light smile, "Glace, Mirror Coat." The Glaceon purred in response almost as if it had already known and a solid, rectangular plate of almost transparant material formed in front of the sky blue Pokemon. Glace lightly dipped his body lower and bent at the knees, preparing for the impact only a moment away. The laser slammed into the strange screen and Glace skidded back as it tried to stand it's ground against the powerful attack. He bared his fangs as the attack continued to pound against the barrier and let out a cry as he pushed forward. The attack no longer simply hit the barrier as if it was a wall, it curved and bent along the surface before flowing back towards the user.

"What?! No! Breloom, get out of there!" He turned to his Breloom as it attempted to take a step. Its legs shook to both of their suprise and the Pokemon looked up just in time to throw its arms in the way of the attack. The beam split as it seared into Breloom and it let out a muffled cry. A blinding light burst forth from the impact and Isaac and the onlookers had to shield their eyes. When the light faded, the Breloom stood as steam rose around its body, its skin burned from the intense heat. The Pokemon dropped its arms that it used to cover itself and flopped to the ground, unconcious.

"H-how..?" The boy was dumbstruck as his Breloom collapsed in a heap.

"Simple," Isaac responded, "In order to counter my Glace's Ice Shard with its Solar Beam, it had to launch the attack prematurely. Doing this drained Breloom momentarily, not alowing him to escape my counter attack." Isaac listed off his tactic as if it were common knowledge. The other trainer shot him a troubled look, obviously baffled by the deduction. The crowd however seemed to grow excited and several quickly whispered to each other. Isaac's grin remained as he held out his Pokeball, "Nice work Glace. I can always count on you." Glace gave him a look of pure affection as the red beam extending from the Pokeball sucked him back within the device.

The boy growled, obviously suffering an embarrassing defeat, "Whatever smart guy! Best two out of three!" He pulled his Breloom back into its Pokeball and replaced it on his belt before reaching for another. "Hariyama!"

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
"Oh perfect," Rose said sarcastically, watching Isaac get into a battle.

"Hey girly!" one of the other teenagers yelled "I want payback for my friend. Go Staravia!" There was a blaze of white light and a grey bird-like Pokemon flew over the group.

"Pathetic," Rose commented, just loudly enough for the boy to hear.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!" her opponent sceamed angrily.

"You heard," Rose said, smiling. It was always funny when they got angry. She calmly slid a Poke Ball out of her coat pocket.

"I'll give you one chance to chicken out," she said, calmly tossing the Poke Ball over her hand and catching it.

"WHY YOU!" the boy exclaimed.

"I didn't think so," Rose said, smiling again. She calmly caught the Poke Ball again before lightly throwing it into the space between her and the boy. The Pokemon within emerged in a display of light and crackling blue thunder. Her Pokemon was a yellow mouse with a lightning bolt shaped tail and bright red cheeks.

"A Pikachu?" her opponent laughed "that pipsqueak couldn't fry a Magikarp." Rose turned towards him for the first time. Fury blazed in her eyes, somehow making everyone completely ignore the rest of her.

"I swear that if you call one of my Pokemon pathetic again," she said through clenched teeth "then I will rip you lib from limb and feed you to a starving Gyarados." The boy laughed.

"I don't think a girl could do any of that," he said. Rose glared at him.

"No mercy," she said "Pikachu, Quick Attack!" Pikachu lunged forwards, a trail of white light forming behind him.

"Now Thunderpunch!" Rose ordered, when Pikachu was a few seconds from impact. Lightning crackled across his arm as Pikachu threw a punch into Staravia. The bird dropped a few feet towards the ground.

"Iron Tail," Rose said, brushing her hair away from her face. Pikachu's tail glowed with silvery light as it swung into Staravia, hurling the bird into the ground.

"And end with Thunderpunch," Rose said, turning away. Behind her Pikachu's attack slammed into the trapped Staravia, knocking it out easily.

"Return," Rose said, holding Pikachu's Poke Ball out behind her. She felt the slight weight increase as Pikachu entered the ball and calmly dropped it back into her pocket. Rose walked away, leaving an astonished silent crowd behind her.

Son_of_Shadows

Joshua couldn't hide his chuckle as Isaac explained his tactic to the idiotic gang. Several looked like their brains had turned to mush. Joshua decided it was time for him to step in, and lend a hand. Some of these guys were getting rather... annoyed, to say the least.

"Alright, who wants to take me on?!" he said, confidently.

"Heh-heh... Bring it on, little man! My name's Crusher!" A large teen with a shaved head approached Joshua. His arms bulged through his coat, and he drew a ball from his belt.

"... I certainly hope that's not your real name. What kind of psycho parent names their kid that? I'm Joshua Colquhoun. Let's make this a 1-on-1. Go, Torrent!" called Joshua, throwing his Prinplup's Pokeball high into the air. The penguin exploded out of the orb, and landed on the pavement gracefully.

"Why, you little... Golem, show him what we're made of!" Crusher almost made to punch Joshua, but restrained himself, and brought out his Golem. Crusher, and his Golem both cracked their knuckles. They were obviously in sync. Joshua cringed.

"Aw, man, that's disgusting! Torrent, give him a Bubblebeam!" he said. Torrent spat a stream of bubbles at Golem, but he dodged, with unbelievable speed. Joshua couldn't restrain a gasp. Golems couldn't move that fast, surely... As if reading his mind, Crusher spoke. "I gave my Golem some vitamins from the Celadon Department Store! There's no way you can win, kid! Rollout!"

"I'm no kid!" Joshua yelled, "Grass Knot!" Golem retracted itself into its hard rock shell, and rolled at speed towards Torrent. However, the penguin's eyes glowed bright green, and blades of grass sprang up, and wrapped themselves around Golem, stopping him in his tracks. Joshua grinned. "You lose. Bubblebeam."

Torrent focussed his power, knowing he had all the time in the world, and spat a stream of bubbles again. Each bubble exploded on contact with Golem, damaging him greatly. Crusher's face fell. Eventually, Golem was knocked out, and the grass retracted into the ground. Crusher recalled his creature, as did Joshua.

"You haven't heard the last of me, kid!" Crusher ran off, presumably for the Pokemon Centre. Joshua looked around. Rose had crushed another member of the gang, and Isaac's battle seemed to be heating up. Nina, meanwhile, seemed to be panicking. Joshua figured he'd better calm her down.

"Good luck, Isaac. I better calm down our hysterical young friend." Joshua turned towards Nina, and strolled away from the crowd.

Seijiro Mafuné

Diogomainardista!
(OoC: ...one would think the GM would be the one playing as the opponents...)

Nina slowly stepped back, as she saw the battles rage on. The three seemed to be handling things fine, although she didn't particularly like how they were making those punks angrier. That wasn't good at all; if they kept pushing for trouble, then they would end up bringing a pretty big one... and the fact that she did not have such powerful Pokémon as theirs, particularly her Eevee, meant that she wouldn't be that much of a help right now.

True, they knew what they were doing... to some degree... but that didn't mean she had to fight those grunts when she was sure she wouldn't do as good a job as the others.

On the other hand, she was feeling more embarrassed by the fact that she was looking weak than by the fact that she was actually weak. Why was it that those guys always had to look cool during battle? She couldn't even challenge anyone while they were around!

Still, she didn't want to bring any trouble to herself; for now, she was trying to make herself scarce. If they did need help, she'd probably have to make sure she could do so first, and help them second.

Son_of_Shadows

Joshua tapped Nina's shoulder, in an attempt to reassure her. She was off in her head again, no doubt worrying that she would be too weak to help. Despite her somewhat harsh exterior, Joshua could see, that, really, Nina was a little girl. And she was scared for her friends. He considered it his gentlemanly duty to reassure her.

"Is there any particular reason you're panicking? C'mon, Isaac, Rose and I have faced way stronger opponents than these losers. This is no sweat. Why don't you try to fight one? Seriously, they're wimps. They just act tough. So, how about it...?" A moment passed. "Unless, of course... you're chicken." Joshua smiled at Nina, set the rest of her boxes down at her feet, and went back to the crowd, ready to rejoin the fight. He figured that last comment would probably get her. It got most people.

He briefly pondered what Hunter was doing in Fuschia. Ah, he'd find out when they met up in Saffron.

Seijiro Mafuné

Diogomainardista!
The girl at first just stared at him, as she heard his comments. At first she seemed to be calming down, until he called her chicken. A couple of moments of silence passed, before she smirked.

And stomped his foot with hers.

"I'm not chicken," she told him, somehow sounding sweet enough to deflect attention, even as she tried to ground his feet into a pulp or something. "And frankly, I'm not nearly stupid enough to let you make me do this."

It wasn't until she was done that she stepped off, before taking in a deep breath. "What is our 'fearless leader' planning on doing, anyway? Are we leaving this place already or we'll be staying a couple of days more? I have shopping plans to do!"

Rhys29

Encore
"Alright Rio, let's show him how a real Fighting type battles!" Isaac let fly his second Pokeball. Both Isaac's and the boy's orbs split open and light poured out once more. A large, almost sumo wrestler of a appeared from one, it's huge girth shifting as it prepared for battle. From Isaac's ball hatched a smalle blue and black Pokemon that resembled a dog standing on two legs. He barked and took an offensive stance while the his large opponent loomed over him.

The boy giggled, "You call that a fighter? What is he going to, try to throw its tiny body at my mighty Hariyama?!" As he said this one of the large Pokemon's legs rose into the air and slammed back down into the ground, sending a small tremor through the ground. Though severl people stumbled and almost fell to the ground, the small Pokemon didn't flinch and simply glared back at his adversary. "Alright Hariyama, just smack him outa here with a Palm Thrust!" The large Pokemon nodded and stiffened its arms. Its large hands held completely flat, launched down at its small opponent with speed and accuracy. Rio swiftly stepped around each attack, narrowly avoiding the blow. Frustrated, the boy yelled, "God damn it Hariyama! Hit the little *******!" The Pokemon let out a cry and **** its arm back.

Now Isaac thought. "Rio, Counter!" The palm collided with Rio and his body snapped back from force. A light blue aura wrapped around him as the strike hit and his body curved back until Rio was looked up at the sky. Suddenly his body shot back up and his curled fist slammed into the Hariyama's palm with considerable force, easily eclipsing the previous blow's. Hariyama's hand shot directly up and it attempted to keep its balance as it recoiled back from the attack. One leg shot into the air in order to compensate for the force and it hopped back, almost as if it were dancing. Alright, now his base is gone! Isaac called, "Sweep the remaining leg! Low Kick!" The swift Pokemon shot forward to the stunned Hariyama. Stopping in front of it, he spun his leg in a circle on the ground, throwing up some dust and knocking his opponent completely off its feet. The large Pokemon helplessly fell forward, its large figure looming over the small Riolu. "Ah crap! Force Palm, go!" Isaac yelled as he noticed the large, gelatinous Pokemon would fall and crush Rio otherwise. Rio let out a bark and pulled back his right paw. After a second it shone with a blue aura and Rio launched it directly into the falling Hariyama's stomach. A large amount of force blasted through the Pokemon's body and a wave of air blasted away from its back as the force exited its body. The Pokemon flew back a foot or two and collapsed, the strike taking critical effect.

"Get up Hariyama!" The boy barked. His Hariyama twitch but nothing more. He looked back up at Isaac, anger bubbling inside him, "How the hell did you do that? A puny Force Palm or Low Kick couldn't do this much!"

Obviously content with his victory, Rio trotted back and stood at Isaac's side. "I agree that they couldn't," Isaac replied much to the boy's suprise. His face seemed to lose its anger and he just kind of looked at Isaac as a child stares at someone telling them a life lesson, "Combining the two however, and it deals plenty of damage. First I had to remove your base, or your balance, so that Rio could make the sweep easier. Countering your Palm Thrust alowed him to do so and then Rio simply took out the other leg to finish the job. This by itself deals a good chunk to most Pokemon, however Hariyama is known for its vitality. Low Kick's damage still hadn't been dealt as it was falling, so I thought Rio might be able to throw a kicker in there. Sure, Force Palm is strong, but when you use it to strike something coming straight for you the damage increases. Seeing as how your Pokemon was falling onto him, I'd say the damage combined was easily twice as much as the attacks individually." He squatted down and patted Riolu on the head. "Never judge a Pokemon buy its appearance."

Hearing Nina begin another nag session, he turned back to see her trying to stomp Joshua's foot underneath a tectonic plate. "Haha, c'mon guys. She doesn't need to fight, we've already made our point to these guys anyways."

He turned back to the boy as he lifted Rio onto his shoulder, the Pokemon balancing itself against his head with one paw. "You... you are skilled indeed. I conceed defeat." The boy sighed and returned his Hariyama to its respective Pokeball. He turned back to the rest of the crowd of teens, "We give these guys our respect, understand?" Some of them needed a second or two to register after the fights they just witnessed before nodding. He turned back to Isaac, "You guys now have one favor for us for our ignorance."

Isaac laughed, "Favor? We don't really need anything right now haha. Hold onto that thought for later." He turned back to his friend who had conglamorated next to him. He turned to Rose with a long face, "Was that really necessary?"

Nina spoke, "What is our 'fearless leader' planning on doing, anyway? Are we leaving this place already or we'll be staying a couple of days more? I have shopping plans to do!"

Isaac chuckled and Rio bobbed on his shoulder, "Well, Hunter told us to meet him there a day before the actual tournament started, so we have one more day here before we head off to Saffron. Go ahead and shop." Something occured to him, "I am not going to be one of your pack mules though." He looked up at the clear sky above, That's right, Hunter said Blaine needed him for last minute training before he the tournament. And Proby was so interested in the fossil Pokemon he couldn't resist tagging around. He turned back to his friends, "Well then, let's enjoy our last 'free' day shall we? Hehe."