• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tournament Team - Suggestions Needed

NeosTwo

Underground Trainer
Hey I posted something like this last time but it got lock because I forgot to say what role my Pokemon are playing, also now I had a change in my lineup.

Here's the deal, I'm entering a tournament this saturday at 2 in my town. I entered last year and won. The difference is now I think I have my work cut out for me. See last year it was only Gen V, 3v3. Here are the rules for the tournament this year.

- Pokemon from any Generation may be used in this Tournament. You may use any Pokemon from any Generation of current and past Pokemon games. Must be a copy of Pokemon Black or White to Compete.

- No use of any Legendary Pokemon from Black or White or any other past Pokemon games.

-The following Pokémon may not be on a player’s team.

Legendary Pokemon:
Mewtwo, Mew, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Suicune, Raikou, Entei, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Heatran, Shaymin, Regigigas, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect.

Non Legendary Pokemon:
Garchomp, Wobbuffet.

-Evasion Clause: Moves that directly boost Evasion cannot be used (Double Team, Minimize)

-Sleep Clause: A trainer can only put one of his opponent’s Pokémon to sleep at a time.
-If a trainer puts one of his opponent’s Pokémon to sleep, and the opponent subsequently uses “Rest” while the other Pokémon is still asleep, that does not break this rule.

-Dark Void and Sky Drop are banned

-OHKO Clause: Attacks that score a guaranteed One Hit KO (Ex. Sheer Cold, Horn Drill) are banned.

-Blaziken with the ability Speed Boost is banned (The ability Blaze is permitted).

-Pokémon may only use moves that have been learned through one of the following methods:
-By leveling up.
-By TM or HM.
-As an Egg move, through breeding.
-From a character in the game.
-A move already known by a Pokémon received at an official Pokémon event.

- Battles will take place with each player using a team of Six Pokemon. No duplicate Pokemon on any one team. All battles will be 1 vs.1 until all Pokemon on one side have fainted. Battles will take place using the C- Gear IR feature. All Trainers must have the C- Gear unlocked. Trainers will choose
battles for two and use the single battle feature under the C- Gears IR feature to do all battles.

- All Pokemon's levels will be automatically adjusted to level 50. Meaning if you have a Pokemon that is lower than level 50, or higher than level 50 its level will be automatically adjusted to level 50 using the IR Battle System.

- No use of duplicate items on a single team. Meaning if you have more than one leftovers you may only use one on a single Pokemon and not on the entire team.

- No offensive Pokemon Names. Any Trainer with Pokemon that have vulgar or offensive names will be disqualified! Our tournament is intended for all ages so please be mature and respectful to all of your fellow Trainers and supporters.

These are my Pokemon and the roles they will play.

Physical Sweeper

Onoki the Conkeldurr.
Male
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 120 HP, 252 Atk, 136 SpD
Ability: Guts
Moves: Mach Punch, Bulk Up, Drain Punch, Payback.
Item: Flame Orb

This guy was a HUGE help for me in the tournament last year. I had to go with him.

Special Sweeper

Lumiere the Chandelure
Male
Nature: Timid
Evs: 252 SpA, 252 Speed, 4 Def.
Ablility: Flash Fire
Moves: Calm Mind, Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball.
Item: Life Orb

Choosing a Special Sweeper was kinda hard for me. I was gonna make a new Gengar for the role but it was gonna take too long plus I only got one Gen V game so I can't evolve it. I'm thinking of switching the life orb with a Air Balloon. Also I pick Chandelure because I always do this thing where I have one fire, grass, and water type on my team.

Supporter Number One

Ursula the Tentacruel
Female
Nature: Calm
Evs: 252 HP, 240 SpD, 16 Speed.
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Moves: Toxic Spikes, Rapid Spin, Ice Beam, Scald
Item: Black Sludge

I have also kinda disliked Tentacool because I thought since It was so common in past games that it was terrible Pokemon. Now, I have some respect for it. Rapid spin is to deal with hazards.

Supporter Number Two

Q-Tip the Whimsicott
Male
Nature: Bold
Evs: 252 Def, 248 SpD, 8 Speed
Ablility: Prankster
Moves: Stun Spore, Leech Seed, Giga Drain, Substitute.
Item: Big Root

I love Whimsicott. It, Conkeldurr and Archeops were part of my team that won me last years tournament. Though, this a new one I bred. I gave it big root to give it a health boost from leech seed and giga drain. Also I can't have to leftovers in the tournament.

Special Wall/Curser

Pillow the Snorlax
Male
Nature: Careful
Evs: 252 HP, 4 Atk, 252 SpD
Ability: Thick Fat
Moves: Body Slam, Curse, Rest, Crunch.
Item: Leftovers

I know, I know, Blissey/Chansey and or Porygon 2 are MUCH better walls. But I only got one Gen V game, I started new modes on my Gen IV and I don't have the time to get them quick to play. Also, in my opinion, Snorlax has WAY BETTER attack and defense than the three above. Also, I'd rather have the sleepy bear than egg people and a 3-d drinking bird.

Physical Wall/Lead...Maybe.

Razorwing the Skarmory
Male
Nature: Impish
Evs: 252 HP, 232 Def, 24 speed
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Brave Bird, Spikes, Whirlwind, Rest
Item: Shed Shell

I tried breeding for a skarmory with brave bird, roost, spikes and whirlwind when I realized: ROOST CAN'T BE BRED!! I saw Rest a sub for it. I know, leftovers is a lot better for skarmory but the rules are the rules.

Well, this is my team for the tournament. If you guys got some tips or suggestions like items moves and such and or help, that would greatly appreciated.

WISH ME LUCK TOMORROW!

Last edited:

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
Hey. Listen. Roost is a bw 2 tutor move, or you could get it by breeding for skarm in the 4th gen and then teaching it roost before migrating.

NeosTwo

Underground Trainer
I know but I started a new mode on both my Gen IV games. I don't have the time to get a skarmory on either game. Tournament's tomorrow.