1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Tower of God Discussion Thread (NEWS! Anime Adaptation Announced!!!)

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by shoz999, Aug 7, 2019.

1. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

[​IMG]

Summary
    Twenty-Fifth Baam is a young boy who has lived his entire life deep in the darkness, having never experienced society or the presence of others except for Rachel, the only girl he ever cared about. He desired nothing more than to continue living with her but one day, when Rachel wants to reach the top of the Tower, she embarks on a journey to see the stars, real stars at any cost as Baam desperately follows her tracks... into the Tower of God, entering new worlds called "floors", meeting new travellers and taking on many tests to climb the Tower. In the Tower of God, only those who are "lucky" can climb the Tower.

[​IMG]
    The main character, the 25th Baam

You can read this legally and officially for free
    The Tower of God webtoon is officially available on the LINE Webtoon website through this link here. LINE Webtoons are a 100% legally free meaning you don't have to pay a dime or make an account to read this massive undertaking of a story.

Tower of God is announced to get an anime adaptation
    In recent years, Manhwa's (Korean for comics) have been getting more and more popular through the webtoon format. This news was first reported by Yonkou Productions, an anime content creator, and later the news was announced at Seoul Comic Con. This was just announced literally a few days ago alongside a Noblesse anime adaptation so we literally know nothing about this project except that it will be produced by a Japanese anime studio, currently unknown.

Early Spoiler Warnings to Newcomers
    This really is the "mother of plots" or at least comes close to the idea. It waste no time getting into the big mystery early on, meaning massive spoilers as early as the first story arc. So if this thread ever grows, tread carefully as Tower of God is known for leaving readers wanting more with each chapter.

2. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

You already made a thread for this work. It's on page 2.

3. shoz999

Aren't threads that are past the 60 day limit considered dead though? I'm pretty sure that's a dead thread by now.

4. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

I don't think that rule is applied here, but I could be wrong. Based on the Naruto thread having posts that are more than 60 days between, I'd say it'd probably have been fine to bump it. Especially since it was actual news.

shoz999 likes this.
  5. shoz999

Hope that anime project goes gold someday. In the meantime.

Got to the arc involving Baylord Yama and his brothers. Oh man, some real stuff is going down. Can't wait to see how it unfolds after Khun meets some old faces.