• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Towers of Johto and Kanto

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Inspired by the Bridges of Unova thread, I thought I do Towers of Johto and Kanto since out of all the series. Although it's not as connected as the six bridges of Unova, Tower locations seem to hold the most importance in these two generations. In Gen 1 and it's remakes, they left quite a haunting impression on us at children in the Pokemon Tower, the Silph Co. building served as the final area to defeat Team Rocket before Giovanni in Viridan City, in the post-game of FRLG they gave us the Trainer Tower in the Sevii Isles. Then Gen 2 and it's remakes hits. We get to see the very first tower in Violet City, Sprout Tower which had a very mystical presence as we entered and climbed the tower. Then there was the Radio Tower where Team Rocket invaded, standing as the final area before their downfall. We of course have the famous Burnt Tower where we meet the Legendary Beasts and the Tin Tower where you battle Ho-Oh. Gen 2 was the first generation to give players the Battle Tower and Gen 4 upgrade it to the Battle Frontier featuring that Battle Tower. We ventured through the lighthouse in order to meet with Jasmine, the Gym Leader of Steel-types. For some lucky ones, we discovered the Embedded Tower to get a chance to capture Rayquaza. There are quite a lot of towers across the Kanto and Johto regions.

Which is your favorite tower?

Gen 1 and Remakes

• Pokemon Tower
  • Silph Co. Building
  • Trainer Tower
Gen 2 and Remakes
  • Sprout Tower
  • Radio Tower
  • Burnt Tower
  • Tin Tower
  • Light House
  • Embedded Tower
  • Battle Tower

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Silph Company building has a good soundtrack and reminds me of a maze, which is why I like it so much. It also has a boss at the top (Sakaki/Giovanni), so it feels like a Gym almost.

Cat's Eye Draco

The Burned Tower in Johto has always been my favorite. I like the sad, slightly spooky atmosphere and the myth about Lugia and the Legendary Beasts that's associated with it. Bell Tower runs a close second, though.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
In Kanto, I quite like Pokemon Tower for its creepy atmosphere, music theme, role in the storyline and the fact you can heal your team on one of its floors. In Johto, I like the Glitter Lighthouse for the fact you actually have to jump out of the window (in the remakes, at least) and its scenic views.
Silph Co. and Bell Tower are pretty great, too, but the former has an annoying music theme and the latter is tedious and confusing to navigate (not to mention its poor Pokemon selection).

Leonhart

Imagineer
Cat's Eye Draco said:
The Burned Tower in Johto has always been my favorite. I like the sad, slightly spooky atmosphere and the myth about Lugia and the Legendary Beasts that's associated with it. Bell Tower runs a close second, though.

I didn't even know at first that Lugia was the other Legendary Bird mentioned in the tower's myth. I had originally assumed that it was a second Houou that flew away when the tower burned down.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I didn't even know at first that Lugia was the other Legendary Bird mentioned in the tower's myth. I had originally assumed that it was a second Houou that flew away when the tower burned down.
I believe that detail was mentioned in the remakes, not the original games.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I liked the Bell Tower because it felt like that I have ascended to another level whenever I go there mostly because of the music. I like the fact that the player can battle Trainers with Eeveelutions in Crystal.