• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Toxic affects SOME steel?

Ayjayar

I’m very confused. I’ve been playing since Gen I, but skipped a couple (sun and moon, x/y).

My Toxapex can use toxic against steel types Pokémon like Excadrill and bisharp, but not versus Duraludon.

Did I miss a major mechanic change? At first I thought maybe they made toxic not affect all steel, then that it can affect any. What’s the rule? Because this is really annoying when I lose a pivotal move in Master league trying to Toxic for no reason.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
You can't use Toxic against any steel-types except Salazzle's Corrosion, if no status move was in effect such as Soak.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
You can't use Toxic against any steel-types except Salazzle's Corrosion, if no status move was in effect such as Soak.

Another way to use Toxic on a Steel type is it's helding a ring target.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
On normal conditions, Steel-types should be immune to Toxapex's toxic. Maybe if it help, you could try to recall what else happens when toxic somehow works. For now, I don't think there had been ways where you could trigger an exception.

Last edited: