• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

TR ubers doubles team

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
As the name implies, this is, indeed, a Trick Room team. I like the way this team has turned out so far, but I still feel that there is something lacking with it. Plus, I can't decide on a 6th member.

Here's the completed part of the team at a glance:

;385;, ;483;, ;250;, ;491;, ;493;

Now, time for the in-depth detail:

Jirachi (Adamant nature)
Item: ?
Ability: Serene Grace
EV spread: 252 HP, 252 Attk, 4 Def.
Trick Room
Iron Head
Fire Punch
Ice Punch

The main Pokemon to set up Trick Room. It has EV's invested into HP for long-term survival. Iron Head is for flinching, the rest is for coverage.

Ho-oh (Brave nature)
Item: Life Orb/ Flying Gem/ ?
Ability: Pressure
EV spread: 252 HP, 128 Attk, 128 Sp. Attk
Sacred Fire
Thunderbolt
Brave Bird
Roost

With Serene Grace, Sacred Fire is guaranteed to burn 100% of the time. Thunderbolt is for Lugia and Kyogre (just in case I can't depend on weather), Brave Bird is for strong STAB, and Roost is to recover health. I can't decide on the item. I have two ideas, but what if I'm up against the item clause? Any other ideas besides what I've listed?

Dialga (Quiet nature)
EV spread: 252 Sp. Attk, 252 HP, 4 Sp. Def
Ability: Pressure
Item: Life Orb/ Choice Specs
Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower
Aura Sphere
Thunder

Dialga is slow, which, under Trick Room, means I'll be ripping the Uber tier to shreds. Flamethrower is for that annoying Pokemon called Ferrothorn, Dragon Pulse and Aura Sphere for perfect coverage, and Thunder for Kyogre.

Arceus (Extremekiller; Adamant nature)
Item: Life Orb/ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EV spread: 252 HP, 252 Attk, 4 Def
Swords Dance
Extremespeed
Shadow Claw
Brick Break/ Recover

Typical Extremekiller Arceus. EV's are given into HP for bulk vs. speed (especially because it gets priority via Extremespeed anyway). I can't decide between Brick Break or Recover because it's one of these two things in my mind: perfect coverage or long-term survival. What do you guys think I should do? Also, should I do Spooky Plate or Life Orb?

Darkrai (Modest nature)
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Bad Dreams
EV spread: 252 Sp. Attk, 252 Speed, 4HP
Moves: Dark Void
Dark Pulse
Ice Beam
Focus Blast

While it's awkward to have on a TR team, I need it to be able to function outside of Trick Room. Many TR teams I've attempted in the past have always failed once Trick Room goes away, and I'd like to put the odds in my favor with or without Trick Room.

For a 6th member, I'm debating between these two:

Deoxys Defense (Calm nature)
EV spread: 252 HP, 100 Sp. Def, 156 Def
Item: Leftovers
Moves: Cosmic Power
Recover
Safeguard
Shadow ball

Technically not an Uber, but it still does see use there. It's bulky to take hits, and under Trick Room, it's going to be moving faster than about 75% of the tier. The downside to this is that it's really suseptible to Taunt, which I don't like the thought of.

Giratina: Bold nature
EV spread: 252 HP, 128 Def, 32 Sp. Attk, 96 Sp. Def
Leftovers
Moves: Calm Mind
Aura Sphere
Shadow Ball/ Dragon Pulse
Substitute

A bulky sweeper. Set up a Substitute, Calm Mind away, and start sweeping. The downside to this is its weaknesses that are common in the tier.

Comment, rate, and offer ideas, even if they aren't listed here. I'm always receptive to new ideas.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
First of all you only have one member with trick room. You need at least one more to be able to keep it up. If Jirachi goes down your just going to have a slow team. Maybe Deoxys can learn TR and use it.

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
I know. Deoxys is a perfect user of that, but what move should I replace? Safeguard is for defense against Darkrai once TR is set up.

Dialga is another option I could do (as I don't mind getting rid of Thunder).

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
Since this is a double's team as well, some things might not work as well as they do in singles. First on Deoxys i think you should replace shadow ball with nightshade because it doesn't have a very good offense anyway. Seismic toss can also be used, they both get walled bu something either way. I would use trick room over cosmic power. It ruins the set kind of, but thats probably the best place to put it unless you get another pokemon just to set up trick room who can to it better.

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
I will consider that. Who should be the 6th member? Deoxys-D? Or Giratina? Any other comments on items and the rest of the team overall?