• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trade Forum Blacklist

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Just a reminder that there's no need to say 'oh don't trade with ____ they are a liar/etc'; happy or not with the outcome there's no place for that here.
As you can guess, this is not the result I'm looking for. With all due respect, I'm kinda surprised someone like him is still on here. He's proved a hacker, he's proved a liar, he's very disrespectful, and he's immature. It surprises me.
Because, as the system here is set up and a multiple-mod decision, he did trade backs and there is yet no proven case that he traded/scammed anything since then. Other points there besides trading hacked Pokemon that's actually against the rules (last I checked being supposedly immature on a Pokemon forum isn't against the rules =p) had been dealt with separately and have no bearing on being the trade blacklist or not; only hacks/scams have to do with it. (Think of it as the 'forum blacklist' in a way with infractions/bans).

Will post if more relevant info comes through, still some stuff being checked as mentioned before.

(Also no, wouldn't call myself a movie nut).

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
He will PM me on another forum and tell me off all about this case.

And if he does that then I suggest you report him there.

thank you SkittyonWailord for (inadvertently) helping out

As I said on the mod forum about this (which you aren't able to see), I chose to mostly stay out of this since I've had alot of good trades with NoToRiousBrawL and wasn't sure if I could stay impartial because of that. But I will say that I did read every post on this matter.

Will post if more relevant info comes through, still some stuff being checked as mentioned before.
I'll keep my eyes open and trap shut.

As I said on the mod forum about this (which you aren't able to see), I chose to mostly stay out of this since I've had alot of good trades with NoToRiousBrawL and wasn't sure if I could stay impartial because of that. But I will say that I did read every post on this matter.
Ok, I have a little experience with that when I used to Moderate my old COD4 Clan. That's a little more re-assuring that multiple mods looked it over. Then thank you (and anyone having read it over) for putting up with the worst of both of us.
Did bobandbill say that somewhere?
It had been a group mod decision
Ah, yup. Thanks.
/mumbletomyself

DcMyth

Field Marshal
Hello can someone redirect me to the forum where I can check to see if a pokemon is hacked

Shadow Fox22

Username of Scammer Pokemon_trainerNova / cyber nova
In-Game Name NOVA
Friend Code 3998 4378 9522
What happened he was offering a shiny audino, which i really loved so i messaged him about it and the chat logs can tell you the rest:

[00:34] <SPPGuest5548> trade ya shiny azumarill for it
[00:34] <Pokemon_trainerNova> is that how rare it is
[00:35] <Pokemon_trainerNova> **** asumarill
[00:35] <SPPGuest5548> for me shiny audino is a gem
[00:36] <SPPGuest5548> i'll even give latias for it
[00:36] <SPPGuest5548> thats how much i covet the purple audino
[00:36] <Pokemon_trainerNova> i need either arcues garitina
[00:36] <Pokemon_trainerNova> darkrai
[00:36] <Pokemon_trainerNova> regi ice
[00:36] <SPPGuest5548> i got regirock
[00:36] <Pokemon_trainerNova> so do i
[00:38] <SPPGuest5548> i got mewtwo rayqueza zekrom
[00:38] <SPPGuest5548> take any of them for the purple audino
[00:39] <Pokemon_trainerNova> nah
[00:41] <SPPGuest5548> i got darkrai
[00:41] <SPPGuest5548> wanna trade?
[00:41] <SPPGuest5548> please say yes
[00:45] <SPPGuest5548> nova?
[00:47] <Pokemon_trainerNova> if you have arcues
[00:47] <Pokemon_trainerNova> i will
[00:49] <SPPGuest5548> i dont have arceus, but i got a wi-fi event darkrai and im desperate for your purple audino
[00:50] <Pokemon_trainerNova> alright
[00:50] <Pokemon_trainerNova> do you have garitina?
[00:50] <Pokemon_trainerNova> aswell
[00:50] <Pokemon_trainerNova> 3998 4378 9522
[00:50] <Pokemon_trainerNova> this is my friend code
[00:50] <Pokemon_trainerNova> tell me yours
[00:51] <SPPGuest5548> 4556 3316 7542
[00:52] <Pokemon_trainerNova> now lets see if union room will be a ***** to me today and give me a error code -.-
[00:54] <SPPGuest5548> where did u go
[00:56] <Pokemon_trainerNova> alright
[00:56] <Pokemon_trainerNova> i'm back in there
[00:57] <Pokemon_trainerNova> we i had this error code 85030
[00:57] <Pokemon_trainerNova> -.-
[00:59] <SPPGuest5548> that isnt shiny
[00:59] <Pokemon_trainerNova> do you have garitina
[00:59] <Pokemon_trainerNova> it's a bug
[00:59] <SPPGuest5548> no but i got registeel
[00:59] <Pokemon_trainerNova> but it is shiny
[01:00] <Pokemon_trainerNova> i have a rom
[01:00] <Pokemon_trainerNova> not the real thing
[01:00] <Pokemon_trainerNova> it has alot of strange bugs
[01:03] <SPPGuest5548> why not just buy the real deal
[01:04] <Pokemon_trainerNova> my thing
[01:04] <Pokemon_trainerNova> crashed
[01:04] <SPPGuest5548> a lot less bugs in the real games
[01:04] <Pokemon_trainerNova> when you live in Australia
[01:04] <Pokemon_trainerNova> games like for ds cost $99
[01:04] <Pokemon_trainerNova> atm
[01:04] <Pokemon_trainerNova> still -.-
[01:05] <SPPGuest5548> thats nuts
[01:05] <Pokemon_trainerNova> ikr
[01:05] <Pokemon_trainerNova> I take it you are a female
[01:05] <Pokemon_trainerNova> on the game
[01:05] <SPPGuest5548> yea
[01:06] <SPPGuest5548> born a girl raised as a girl living life as a woman
[01:06] <Pokemon_trainerNova> do you have a skype
[01:06] <Pokemon_trainerNova> Now i understand why you want shiny audio
[01:06] <Pokemon_trainerNova> accept
[01:06] <Pokemon_trainerNova> my trade
[01:06] <Pokemon_trainerNova> it only works if i host it
[01:07] <SPPGuest5548> my skype name is shadowfox221
[01:08] <Pokemon_trainerNova> alright
[01:08] <Pokemon_trainerNova> try talking to me
[01:08] <Pokemon_trainerNova> i'm hosting the trade
[01:16] <SPPGuest5548> wait a second
[01:16] <SPPGuest5548> u gave me a normal colored audino
[01:17] <SPPGuest5548> i wanted the shiny one
[01:17] <Pokemon_trainerNova> Why don't you have arcues
[01:17] <SPPGuest5548> because zeus had went to my black 2 and got traded for other legends i needed in my dex
[01:18] <SPPGuest5548> i gave u a legit event darkrai for a shiny audino like we agreed to
[01:23] <CyberNova> Lols
[01:23] <CyberNova> you fooled for it xD
[01:24] <SPPGuest5548> i want my shiny audino
[01:24] <SPPGuest5548> give it to me you scammer
[01:24] <CyberNova> Nah
[01:24] <CyberNova> :)
[01:25] <SPPGuest5548> i want it
[01:25] <CyberNova> Umad?
[01:25] <CyberNova> Alright
[01:25] <CyberNova> You can want it all you want
[01:25] <CyberNova> but u are not getting it XD
[01:25] <SPPGuest5548> i gave u a legit event I WANT THE PURPLE AUDINO
[01:25] <CyberNova> Nah :)
[01:27] <SPPGuest5548> come on dude grow a conscience
[01:27] <CyberNova> shinys are worth more then legendarys

this is his i.p address: CyberNova chatzilla PurpleSurge-44B9CB29.lnse1.lon.bigpond.net.au

twiztid420

shiny hoarder
Last edited:

Candy Coated Gengar

I really hate to be here, but I've apparently no choice left to me.

Username of Scammer: Gandaf
In-Game Name: I'm not sure.
Friend Code: 425553846602
What happened:

Back on October 8th I originally contacted Gandaf since he had posted in the trade forums that he was looking for the Gamestop Keldeo. He offered several Pokemon in return, of which I selected the Shiny Gamestop Entei, which he had claimed was Untouched and that he had obtained himself. But after the trade had finished and when I checked the Entei, there was quite a deal of EXP on the Entei and it had a Contest Ribbon from the Generation it was handed out in. I informed Gandaf of the fact the Entei was not untouched and the last message I received from him (on the same day) was his asking what was wrong with it.

Since then I've sent him several PMs and left a few VMs on his profile, but he only rarely logs on (he logged on ~11th of October, the 21st of October and just yesterday) and he has made not a single attempt to continue the discussion with me over his Entei. In fact, just yesterday he took down the profile image he's had up since I came in contact with him, so I worry that he may have abandoned his account.

I'm more annoyed over his dishonesty and dodging of talking with me, since the Keldeo I traded him was only a clone.

I apologize for the poor quality of my photos; all I have is my webcam:

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q727/CandyCoatedGengar/121120-114244.jpg
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q727/CandyCoatedGengar/121120-114255.jpg
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q727/CandyCoatedGengar/121120-114314.jpg

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I really hate to be here, but I've apparently no choice left to me.

Username of Scammer: Gandaf
Friend Code: 425553846602
What happened:

I just sent him a VM telling him to post here. I'll give him a few days to do that.

Otamon

Username of Scammer: Charzard_91
Friend Code: I wish i hadn't deleted his messages, its in my pal pad but it wont let me check it
What happened:

I traded him a Latios for his Deoxys. The deoxys was hacked, how can I know this? arrived at level 10, OT: AAAAAA
I tried to message him but no response. He looged in 9 hours ago, Im pretty sure he knew his Deoxys was hacked. Im assuming the Arceus and Darkrai he showed me were also hacked

Infiltrator

Bridge Guarder
Someone said these pokes OT's are on a blacklist. I don't see them on this blacklist. Could someone tell me which blacklist the person was talking about?

Totodile
http://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=656107&headless&la

Bulbasuar
http://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=582541&headless&la

Azelf
http://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=1169179&headless&la

They might've been talking about the Pokecheck unofficial blacklist. Kinda like a "despite the legality analysis, this OT is a known hacker, this has a high chance of being a hack" flag.

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Those OT's are indeed on the unofficial blacklist of pokecheck. The list was started and is maintained by pokecheck moderator Invictus and hosted here. All OTs on the blacklist have been caught hacking pokemon, but their hacks can pass pokecheck's legality analysis. As such, the unofficial blacklist is a way to inform people of known hackers that look legit. All of the individuals on the blacklist have been caught red-handed hacking pokemon in one way or another and many eventually confess (iirc i1338 was caught with an illegal egg move combo or something to that effect and wrath wrote a guide on how to hack pokemon with pokegen so they can fool the LA). That isn't to say ALL of the pokemon with that OT are guaranteed hacks but it means you cannot trust that OT. It is also important to note that the list is, as self-proclaimed, unofficial and it is really meant for frequent users of pokecheck who download pokemon and wish to avoid hacks. As far as Serebii's trade forum blacklist is concerned though, those users don't even have accounts here as far as I know so Serebii has not blacklisted them here.

As a side note, the list also consist of a "whitelist" of trusted users who's pokemon are believed to be legit. Again, this is mainly for users who download pokemon to breed with or battle with and wish to avoid hacks.

Squirel Princess

Goldenrod City
i was recently imformed that the cloning requirements have changed but i cant find anything about it. i used to clone with an ar but i can switch to something else if needed. what should i clone with?

SilentReaper

Irrelevant
i was recently imformed that the cloning requirements have changed but i cant find anything about it. i used to clone with an ar but i can switch to something else if needed. what should i clone with?

Cloning with action replay or any other external devices was banned sadly :/... now you must clone by the gts glitch which is still considered"legal" since it is a glitch.

silverangel

Metal Fairy
What is the GTS glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.