• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trade Forum Blacklist

jnrust

Chat Username: WhirlwindBidoof
In-game Name: cj
Friend Code: 2079-7203-7860
What Happened: Self-explanatory
<jnrust> You need Bagon?
<WhirlwindBidoof> ivs?
<WhirlwindBidoof> and what are you looking for?
01<jnrust> 5 Max IVs except sp atk.
<WhirlwindBidoof> Nature and ability?
01<jnrust> Adamant
<WhirlwindBidoof> What do you want?
01<jnrust> 5 IV Slowpoke, eh?
<WhirlwindBidoof> yeah
01<jnrust> What's your fc?
<WhirlwindBidoof> 2079 7203 7860
01<jnrust> 4227-0733-5921
<WhirlwindBidoof> nature prefered?
01<jnrust> Bold/Relaxed/Modest
01<jnrust> Quiet
<WhirlwindBidoof> i got 1
<WhirlwindBidoof> Relaxed
01<jnrust> That works.
<WhirlwindBidoof> only has 4ivs though
01<jnrust> As long as those maxes are not atk or spd then its fine.
<WhirlwindBidoof> lol
<WhirlwindBidoof> nvm then. I would be cheating you
<WhirlwindBidoof> 1 is attack
01<jnrust> I could opt for a 5er regardless of nature since I have Dittos.
<WhirlwindBidoof> Okay
<WhirlwindBidoof> I have a brave one
<WhirlwindBidoof> 5
<WhirlwindBidoof> perfect except for special defense

Slowpoke was not even Superior. Only Above Average

Hellken

Username of Scammer: dasbun
In-Game Name: Diego
Friend Code: Soul Silver FC: 3698 0882 3620
:: Theft and Possibly Running Multiple Scams on other users over the course of several months ::

I have been very suspicious of a certain user named dasbun for some time now. He seems to be pretty desperate to offload shinies including a shiny Mew he claims to be legit.

3gBIlVU.png

And I believe he may have been running multiple scams on other members of this site for months. Here's one of them:

hUyvgY3.png

So, I entered a trade with him and as expected, he lied about the details:

od4qkMN.png

Non of the details he gave me matched the actual one: http://i.imgur.com/Fp1HZAR.png

This is his modus operandi:
He makes a trade then lies about the details. When the Pokemon is checked or when questions are asked, he ignores PMs.

After 2 weeks of playing "Good cop/Bad cop" with him and trying to catch him online he has finally admitted to theft here:
zujBGyF.png

People like dasbun have little regard for other people's personal lives. Trying to catch him online after he promised a tradeback was a waste of time. He never appeared. I suspect he has been doing this on other people judging by his post history. I can't believe how greedy and selfish some people are over 260 bytes of data. I finally caught him in the act.

Last edited:

Peter Quill

star-lord
jnrust: This isn't the place to report scammers from the wifi-channel. There's a thread dedicated to that in the chat discussion of the website.

Hellken: Bahaha someone's a junior detective. I'll get high-staff to ban him.

gotname

Username: e20531989
Ingame name: E
FC: 5413 0327 7876
What happened: I posted in the trade forum under bulbasaur offering 4IV with HA chyrofill and the egg move gigadrain (calm nature) as well as several regular pokemon.
user e20531989 reply to the post with a private message (PM will be provided though report). He offered a 5IV marill with 3 egg moves in this reply to the post. we communicated through private messages a few time trading friend codes to set up the trade.
I traded one of my many bulbasaurs to him and got a marill in return it did have the moves (belly drum - aqua jet - Superpower) but when i checked later i found it to be only 3 IV (HP - att - satt) i am willing to trade this marill i got to confirm both the egg moves and IV as well as to provide one of the bulbasuars as a sample.

Neriifur

Username: letleys
Ingame name: Y
FC: 2552 0441 1102
What happened: I posted looking for a 5 IV ditto in exchange for a shiny Pokemon, and he messaged me saying he had a modest 5 IV ditto. He traded me one with crappy IVs in exchange for my shiny Fennekin. My instacheck wasn't working at the time, so I couldn't test his ditto, but I have so many shiny Fennekins I didn't mind sacrificing one for a chance.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102586847/instascam.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/102586847/scam2.png

Peter Quill

star-lord
Yeah, this is a well-known scammer who's been using many alts in the forum. The account is permanently banned.

Neriifur

Yeah, this is a well-known scammer who's been using many alts in the forum. The account is permanently banned.

Ah good. Thank you. I sent a message actually to reddit seeing if they could blacklist him incase he decides to travel over there now as well.

akher07

Username of Scammer : Rainy Bluefoxie
In-Game Name : Rainy
Friend Code : 1848-2512-2833
What happened : tried to scamm me offering a lvl 100 flawless ditto for my 5iv shiny honedge, the ditto didnt have a single max stat, luckyly the trade didnt take place
already reported the PMs but i post his FC here to avoid him scamming other ppl

Rainy Bluefoxie

I will show the Ditto to any moderator on here to back up my claim that the ditto is perfect. You however lied about your honedge being perfect and you lied about the nature being adament.

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
I know this is not good enough proof but I just thought this would help.

Akher07 has incheck thing as I asked him to check my sv and egg which he kindly did. so I do believe akher07 has no reason to lie, it is possible that the ditto could of been the wrong one which would of caused this whole thing.

ForgottenEons

Shiny Hunter
Username of Scammer: Umbreon2112
In-Game Name: Frank
Friend Code: 1134-6965-6188
What happened: Umbreon2112 scammed me in the following trade. I gave him:

Female Eevee (Run Away)
31/31/x/31/31/31
- Covet
- Curse
- Wish
- Yawn

In exchange for his:

Ditto (either Imposter or Limber)
x/x/31/31/31/31

When I recieved the Ditto, out of the six marking you can put onto Pokemon, the Square, Heart, Star, and Diamond was filled in, indicating that the Ditto had perfect Defense, Sp Attack, Sp Defense, and Speed. When I went to the IV judge, he said that Attack and Sp Defense couldn't be beat... I thought maybe he sent the wrong Ditto, but seeing as how the respective markings were already filled in beforehand, clearly he was trying to be sneaky, and make me believe it was actually a Ditto with 4 perfect IVs. He has Pokemon X, his friend code is 1134-6965-6188, and his in-game name is Frank. I reported our PM conversation as well.

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
Username of Scammer: Umbreon2112
In-Game Name: Frank
Friend Code: 1134-6965-6188
What happened: Umbreon2112 scammed me in the following trade. I gave him:

Female Eevee (Run Away)
31/31/x/31/31/31
- Covet
- Curse
- Wish
- Yawn

In exchange for his:

Ditto (either Imposter or Limber)
x/x/31/31/31/31

When I recieved the Ditto, out of the six marking you can put onto Pokemon, the Square, Heart, Star, and Diamond was filled in, indicating that the Ditto had perfect Defense, Sp Attack, Sp Defense, and Speed. When I went to the IV judge, he said that Attack and Sp Defense couldn't be beat... I thought maybe he sent the wrong Ditto, but seeing as how the respective markings were already filled in beforehand, clearly he was trying to be sneaky, and make me believe it was actually a Ditto with 4 perfect IVs. He has Pokemon X, his friend code is 1134-6965-6188, and his in-game name is Frank. I reported our PM conversation as well.

I also like to add these as forgotteneons said they could not post them. Pms are also here to help.

ditto.png

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The guy posted he was looking for an eevee on the iv thread this is how the trade started and as you can see from the pms the trade took place.

Last edited:

masterfreya

User name: KeiLanRan
IGN: Keith
FC: 3866-8536-5637
What happened: I was promised a 31/31/31/xx/31/31 shiny German Crawdaunt for my shiny NN Pangoro. I checked the Crawdaunt when I received him, I checked his IVs to discover none were maxed. I have attempted to message him on here asking to trade back as well as sending trade requests in game. All have been ignored.

AleXY

Username of Scammer: JadeX
In-Game Name: Ruiyang
Friend Code: 5472-7429-4603
What happened: Offered a 5IV Staryu in return for a 5IV Ferroseed with egg moves. The Staryu turned out to only have 2 31's, and he has ignored my attempt at contacting him afterwards.

Tias

This is not a report but question. What is the point in reporting people if they are only going to be banned for 3 weeks?
You can basically scam someone of a valuable pokemon, wait 3 weeks and do it again. Why not ban them for good? =/
Your current system doesn't protect your members at all. Look at what smogon did with their shiny value list. People who scam others are permanently banned and put onto the list.

This way it protects their users from crossing ways with the scammers again. On here? Only a 3 week penalty. It basically makes it WORTH scamming people.

My suggestion: people who have been confirmed to scam others will have their friend code permanently listed in the blacklist here. Maybe you can make a google document where only admins/mods have access to edit it. If you're still not gonna do anything about this I'm just gonna go ahead and assume this site doesn't care much for its members getting scammed =I

Last edited:

Bluemiracle

Biologist
Username of Scammer: Otamon
In-Game Name: Cadence
Friend Code: 0344 9621 3477
What happened: this user was offering a 5IV Ditto for shinies. I offered my shiny Inkay but the Ditto she offered had 2 pefect IV and not 5. As soon as the trade was over I quickly checked the Ditto's IVs and sent her a PM right away, but she disappeared from the Internet (both 3DS and serebii forums). Later, this person ignored my PMs and has now blocked me. Also, Otamon continues to advertise her '5IV Ditto' in the IV Bred Trading Thread so eventually someone else will be scammed the way I was

PS: I kind of agree with Tias..

Screenshots of the user's post on the IV Bred Trading Thread and PMs:

http://i44.*******.com/idc4d0.png

http://i43.*******.com/t4xpxf.png

Screenshots of IV checker:

http://i40.*******.com/27ymuso.png

Last edited:

Peter Quill

star-lord
I'll be looking into the others shortly but I want to respond to this.

This is not a report but question. What is the point in reporting people if they are only going to be banned for 3 weeks?
You can basically scam someone of a valuable pokemon, wait 3 weeks and do it again. Why not ban them for good? =/
Your current system doesn't protect your members at all. Look at what smogon did with their shiny value list. People who scam others are permanently banned and put onto the list.

This way it protects their users from crossing ways with the scammers again. On here? Only a 3 week penalty. It basically makes it WORTH scamming people.

My suggestion: people who have been confirmed to scam others will have their friend code permanently listed in the blacklist here. Maybe you can make a google document where only admins/mods have access to edit it. If you're still not gonna do anything about this I'm just gonna go ahead and assume this site doesn't care much for its members getting scammed =I

Well personally the rules were made before I got modded, so I can't offer much of an insight behind the creation of the system but I can certainly offer insight on how the system works right now.

I don't really care for the idea of permanently banning somebody because of a scam. The entire idea behind timed bans is that people have a downtime to learn their lessons. The theory behind it is that people will understand that they will get caught and that scamming isn't going to be tolerated here. In fact, I would say the system works right now considering that I haven't really experienced repeat offenders. There's only one person who's managed to scam people repeatedly (in my time here) and we've permabanned him and are continuing to permaban him as he makes alternate accounts. The assumption that we don't care about the safety behind scamming members is incredibly unfair especially since you don't see what goes on in the staff section and the measures that the trade staff goes to ensure that people don't get scammed and the like.

Although, your suggestion is already in place. We haven't removed the names from the blacklist as soon as they are added. I personally need to update the list (blame me being sick and having tons of schoolwork at the moment). I'm not really sure what you're asking us to do, because your suggestion is already in place and I'm not personally comfortable with making one single scam a permaban. Could you perhaps clarify? If you're deadset on it I could bring it up to the rest of the trade staff although I can't give you the confidence that it will go through.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
I will request Otamon and JadeX's bans shortly.