• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trade Shop Rule Confusion?

munchlaxguy

The Rolling Thunder
just because a few people whine about it doesn't mean it should. perhaps a rule should be made to shops stating what method is used to clone and if people who trade don't want or like clones they can avoind that shop all together. why try to screw other people over because you don't like cloning via ar. get over it.

Not trying to be rude here but that was a snooty comment seriously I know your shops all big and junk but the AR is not licensed by Nintendio and shouldn't be used at all its pure cheating.

Kevin24

Event Collector
That's your opinion about it being cheating. nintendo doesn't care about it and cloning via ar has always been allowed since it is not modifying or altering the pokemon in any way. as long as the original is legit the clone is as well and the hack check over wifi can't tell the difference between the clone and original. if people can't or won't accept that then it's their problem.

munchlaxguy

The Rolling Thunder
Pft I hope AR cloning gets banned then I can laugh at big shop owners like yourself because I quit trading because I thought cloning wasn't fit.

Kevin24

Event Collector
well no one cares about all the whiners complaining about it. so get over it. oh waaah i don't like ar cloning so i get to complain about it. highly doubt it will change

munchlaxguy

The Rolling Thunder
well no one cares about all the whiners complaining about it. so get over it. oh waaah i don't like ar cloning so i get to complain about it. highly doubt it will change

Lol your just mad you might lose your shop I can see your rage.Anyway I'm not going to argue any further because I don't want to argue I beileve it needs to go the AR cloning.

Last edited:
Lol your just mad you might lose your shop I can see your rage

I'm sorry if you're offended, but in reality, I am offended that this has been brought up. Why?

Quoteth le Rules said:
we will be watching anyone who offers services very closely. If you scam someone or use a cheat device to do any of the services, you will be banned instantly
Watching anyone who offers services closely. How about watching anyone at all? We have to ask a moderator to look at the Blacklist thread. We have to ask a moderator to shut a shop being necroed to death. We have to ask moderators to move posts, who are very reluctant to do so. I feel this section is being ignored, and needs a lot more attention. If the "Trade Forums" had more attention, this issue would not have come up. With all due respect, you guys seriously need to step it up or find someone else who will.

munchlaxguy

The Rolling Thunder
Sorry Rayce I didn't mean to offend you Kevin was just going overboard at me.Your right about the mod thing though I totally agree.

Kevin24

Event Collector
i apologize for going overboard. but i think there are more things that are more important than the issue with ar cloning. i just say if you don't like clones or want them then just stay away from shops that clone.

munchlaxguy

The Rolling Thunder
Thanks for the apology I now feel that you guys should get to keep your shops since you rayce and brawl have the best shops i've seen so far.So I think the cloning should be a little less frequent but other that that its fine.

Okay, something clearly needs to be addressed here.

The issue is not people wanting to have their Pokemon cloned or not.

The issue is the way shop owners do it. RNGing is a legitimate way to get Pokemon, so that is fine. Using the glitch in Emerald or 4th Gen GTS is fine. Using Action Replay, something that isn't even remotely related to Pokemon in any sense, is not tolerated site-wide. It's not allowed in the SPP WiFi chat, it's not allowed in trading threads, and much less it is not allowed to offer cloning services using it.

Don't get me wrong: I bet all of us wouldn't really mind using an Action Replay. But Serebii Joe has stated in the past that cheating devices are not in the nature of the game, they only cheapen it. As a community, we must respect what the owner wishes in order to have a happy, fun trading experience. Ultimately it is up to him, but judging from that previous statement; Action Replay, PokeSav, PokeGen (If that's even a cheating device), PokeGTS, Gameshark or any other cheating device will never be tolerated.

Cloning is absolutely fine, provided it's done legitimately, whether that'd be RNGing, Emerald or the 4th Gen GTS.

GoldenMagikarp

I AM ERROR
I can't see how cloning with AR is any different from cloning with a glitch. It's not like Game freak knowingly made a glitch in the game so that pepole could clone pokemon. But it's still up to Serebii to decide what to do with this.

Koththemad

i say let it stay..... i been playing seens red blue and yellow....and you can pull cloned legendary from the game at level 100 and who can tell unless you looked at there game... i mean go for the red blue and yellow its very easy go see legendary pokemon go do the item glitch for alot of master balls (oddly enough doing this will trip seeing the last pokemon you just fought aka your legendary) then catch it level it will go back to 100 and bam.....just trade up and look at that a level 100 from the starting place (doesnt say what town it came from just where it did) thats why it should stay......been around for years.....

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
OK, you can say that using AR's to clone cheapens the Serebii trading community (although I really do feel this is a matter of opinion anyway) but banning the use of the AR entirely will wipe out a large chunk of said community. I'll be honest, the reason I created an account here was to set up a trade shop as a way for me to continue collecting events. Sure, I post in a few other threads now but one of the first websites I check every day is the Trade Shop sub-forum. If you ban the use of AR's then I'm gonna have to go elsewhere. I have no event Pokemon on gen 3 or 4 so I there are no cloning glitches for me to exploit. I'm sure I'm not alone on that. I don't even know where I'd go if I couldn't stay here.

I know that it's Serebii's choice as to whether cloning via AR should be allowed to continue but I feel it is important to consider the views of the forum users as well. We're the ones using it so shouldn't we get a say?

And like others have already pointed out, it would be near-impossible to enforce. What I think you should do as an alternative to banning AR's is to force every trade shop owner who clones via Action Replay to clearly state that they do (although I think many do this already). Maybe the Moderators can even specify how big the text should be.

Banning Action Replay cloning would be a punch in the gut to the community and you might even drive users away. I think you've left it too late to start using this rule, if it was going to be enforced it should have been enforced from the start.

OK, you can say that using AR's to clone cheapens the Serebii trading community (although I really do feel this is a matter of opinion anyway) but banning the use of the AR entirely will wipe out a large chunk of said community. I'll be honest, the reason I created an account here was to set up a trade shop as a way for me to continue collecting events. Sure, I post in a few other threads now but one of the first websites I check every day is the Trade Shop sub-forum. If you ban the use of AR's then I'm gonna have to go elsewhere. I have no event Pokemon on gen 3 or 4 so I there are no cloning glitches for me to exploit. I'm sure I'm not alone on that. I don't even know where I'd go if I couldn't stay here.

Serebii has over 241,000+ members, so if you leave because of a simple rule that already existed from the beginning being enforced then that's too bad. There are other popular Pokemon forums, good luck finding one that's more lenient on AR.

I know that it's Serebii's choice as to whether cloning via AR should be allowed to continue but I feel it is important to consider the views of the forum users as well. We're the ones using it so shouldn't we get a say?

While I agree that democracy is important, you must understand that Joe has the final say in everything. His site, his rules, his decisions.

And like others have already pointed out, it would be near-impossible to enforce. What I think you should do as an alternative to banning AR's is to force every trade shop owner who clones via Action Replay to clearly state that they do (although I think many do this already). Maybe the Moderators can even specify how big the text should be.

As you said, many people are already saying they clone. This is unnecessary.

Banning Action Replay cloning would be a punch in the gut to the community and you might even drive users away. I think you've left it too late to start using this rule, if it was going to be enforced it should have been enforced from the start.

The rule was in place ever since Trade Shops were created. Enforcing it is no problem with an announcement or fair reminder.

Comments in bold.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
WOAH.
apologize for going overboard. but i think there are more things that are more important than the issue with ar cloning. i just say if you don't like clones or want them then just stay away from shops that clone.

U CAN CLONE PKMN!!!???!?!?!?
Oh wait, is that just a fancy term for breeding and/or does it invlove RNGing?

Green Blockhead said:
There are other popular Pokemon forums, good luck finding one that's more lenient on AR.
Neoseeker, Bulbapedia, Pokemon Secure. There's three. Why can't Serebii follow?

Ninjames said:
I know that it's Serebii's choice as to whether cloning via AR should be allowed to continue but I feel it is important to consider the views of the forum users as well.
Agreed. I think something's happening on the Mod forum, so I'll shut up.

ImAnOKIE12

Sexy Cowboy
WOAH.

U CAN CLONE PKMN!!!???!?!?!?
Oh wait, is that just a fancy term for breeding and/or does it invlove RNGing?

You have got to be kidding me. -_- *FACEPALM*

Anyways... I really dont understand why this was brought up. If they enforce the rules all the shopw owners have to do is take off saying they use ar to clone. I dont have my ar anymore, so i use an alternative. I was thinking to open up a shop, still wanting to collect more pokemon first. I dont mind it aat all. And im sure almost every other user doeasnt either. and for those who do, just dont trade with shops that do. Why this topic was made, i wont understand cause it really is stupid.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?576677-SmeargleRocks-shiny-Spinda-shop - no cloning, although 'knows someone who can'

So not quite 4/5 average, but 5/10 do offer it (usually with AR mentioned) and one mentions knowing someone who can (vague).

If you were wondering about my cloners I have Bunches, Agonist occasionally, Kiltedtrainer sometimes, Wolveram sometimes, and once in awhile Awakeningleaficarus but she doesn't clone the illegal way she cleans via glitch which is the way I prefer, I go to the others when she can't help and isn't free, and if I need a pokemon cloned, I do admit cloning does kill the spirit of pokemon a little, however if you clone via glitch its slower, therefore it reduces the major clone "problem" hope this clears up who you thought my cookers are,I do know a few others however I myself can not remember all my cloners

Also I hope that asking other people to clone even the legal way isn't against the rules as for cloning differences I believe they left the glitch purposely so that someone would find it, but with AR you are tempering with your game which I don't like the idea of so I will never get that wretched thing in my life, it messed up my game when I had my diamond game 5 years ago and it messed it up so bad so I don't recommend that if anyone else clones from now on that they DO NOT USE THE AR!!!

Last edited: