• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trade Shop Rule Confusion?

GoldenMagikarp

I AM ERROR
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?576677-SmeargleRocks-shiny-Spinda-shop - no cloning, although 'knows someone who can'

So not quite 4/5 average, but 5/10 do offer it (usually with AR mentioned) and one mentions knowing someone who can (vague).

If you were wondering about my cloners I have Bunches, Agonist occasionally, Kiltedtrainer sometimes, Wolveram sometimes, and once in awhile Awakeningleaficarus but she doesn't clone the illegal way she cleans via glitch which is the way I prefer, I go to the others when she can't help and isn't free, and if I need a pokemon cloned, I do admit cloning does kill the spirit of pokemon a little, however if you clone via glitch its slower, therefore it reduces the major clone "problem" hope this clears up who you thought my cookers are,I do know a few others however I myself can not remember all my cloners

Also I hope that asking other people to clone even the legal way isn't against the rules as for cloning differences I believe they left the glitch purposely so that someone would find it, but with AR you are tempering with your game which I don't like the idea of so I will never get that wretched thing in my life, it messed up my game when I had my diamond game 5 years ago and it messed it up so bad so I don't recommend that if anyone else clones from now on that they DO NOT USE THE AR!!!

Is there even a way to clone with glitch in gen V? They wouldn't leave a glitch in the game. The word "glitch" even means that it's an unintended error http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glitch#Video_game_glitches

I'm hoping to hear more from the mods soon.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Right, here's the general rule for everything on the forums.

If it goes beyond the developer's intent for the game and so is using an outside programme (PokéGen/Sav), outside hardware (Action Replay), outside site (PokéCheck, various DNS things) or manipulates the game beyond the intended parameters of the game (RNG Abuse) then we do not allow it.

Dangertrout

I'm curious as to how this will be enforced. I assume the RNG trade thread in the 5th gen trade forum will be closed, but what about trade shops?

If it goes beyond the developer's intent for the game and so is using an outside programme (PokéGen/Sav), outside hardware (Action Replay), outside site (PokéCheck, various DNS things) or manipulates the game beyond the intended parameters of the game (RNG Abuse) then we do not allow it.

Putting it plainly, AR is no longer allowed, Pokecheck isn't either, or RNG abuse, and everyone using such things need to stop now? I agree with Dangertrout, I'm curious as to how this will be applied.

Dangertrout

well, I don't think it's a bad idea on the whole. there are a lot of forums for competitive players to get RNG'd clones, but not many places to go if you prefer non-abused or non-cloned. I'm just wondering how it's going to be applied in practice

RNGing isn't hacking in the sense of using a third party program. It just shows you what's going on in the games code and how random numbers are generated to determine every tiny little detail about a single Pokemon, iirc. I could be wrong.

It's just a rule has been broken behind moderators backs, and that's not cool.

Jazz14456_Plebeian

Expect Epic: CB
I'd like to put this here. My shop is a perfect example of this.

Cloning via AR is considered legal in the internet community, mostly among veterens and seasoned traders. My partner does not allow clones, and states this. So what I'd like to say is if someone doesn't want clones / doesn't clone, they should state it. Blockhead did have a point, more people clone than not. I say if someone doesn't want clones, they should state it instead of the flipside.

I agree with this. Cloning to me is a very important part of trading, and is not interesting with out it.

However, bobandbill is right. This IS Serebii's forums, not ours, so we must either convince Serebii to allow us to clone, or not do it.

Nero Jinous

Good thing this is my personal rule and follow it regardless of the trade forum I'm on.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
So, can you call it either way? I've done my best stopping my cloned trades at my trade shop, and would like to give a Yes or No to all the trades I agreed to, since I use AR to clone.
I believe what Joe is saying is that AR cloning (or any cloning methods involving external means like the ones he mentioned) isn't going to be allowed and that rule enforced.

With RNG threads will still remain ('Well with RNG, we'll never really be able to enforce that, but we'd much MUCH rather you didn't do it'). RNG's come up before and it's been allowed to continue as-is.

Unless suddenly Joe changes his mind on the AR cloning ban being enforced better now (personally don't see that happening) going to make an announcement in Trades about it on my Friday and people will have a week from then to adjust.

munchlaxguy

The Rolling Thunder
Wow there actually enforcing it?Well I'm extremely happy I'm serious too i'm glad cloning is finally gone.

Last edited:

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Guess I better shut my trade shop down here then. It's been fun.
Only if you only ever did trading to clone, or do not want to trade anything without cloning. In which case... well, up to you. Just find it a surprising reaction given imo trading should be more than just the possible cloning aspect. =/

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
Only if you only ever did trading to clone, or do not want to trade anything without cloning. In which case... well, up to you. Just find it a surprising reaction given imo trading should be more than just the possible cloning aspect. =/

It's not a choice I want to make but it's the only one left. My shop deals solely in event collecting. Everything is cloned with an AR before I trade it out (collecting would be difficult and tedious otherwise) and everything I own is on a generation V game; no cloning glitches for me to exploit.

I'll still be active here but I won't be getting a lot of trading done.

pokemonjeff

interested trader
Just to weigh in here, you can buy an AR at all the same shops you can buy pokemon games. In the local gamestop, the AR display is within reaching distance of the new pokemon games, and hangs with the pokemon accessories. While this may be a shop thing, if nintendo actually cared, they could very easily make them stop selling them. This also applies to the local kmart, target, and kid R us.

Also. How do we have an RNG thread if that's not allowed either? And, with the use of AR cloning. Unless specifically stated, how on earth does anyone plan on checking this? I don't trade hardly at all anymore, but from my entire experience, being that its a clone its 100% the same. I feel like this can only encourage traders to lie and will inevitably lead to more problems with blacklisting. This seems like it'll simply create loads more work for everyone involved.

Koththemad

doing game glitches been around seens the 1st games.... didnt take many people long to find out how to do it... i mean it was common to see kids with 6 mewtwos... was really cool for the ones that didnt know the glitch and the ones that did... we had alot of trades for good pokemon :)