• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trade Shop Rule Confusion?

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
What people here don't seem to understand is that cloning isn't banned, just cloning with an AR/Pokesav/other external device. I've personally been able to clone Pokemon in 5th gen with just using 2 DSs and 2 Pokemon games. While it's obviously harder to do, it can still be done. And you can clone any Pokemon, with or without a Classic Ribbon.

Just to weigh in here, you can buy an AR at all the same shops you can buy pokemon games. In the local gamestop, the AR display is within reaching distance of the new pokemon games, and hangs with the pokemon accessories. While this may be a shop thing, if nintendo actually cared, they could very easily make them stop selling them. This also applies to the local kmart, target, and kid R us.

Nintendo actually does say something about it. The instruction booklet for the DS/3DS specifically states not to use anything not licenced by Nintendo.

3DS's instruction manual said:
Connect ONLY accessories designed and licensed for use with the system to any external connectors.

And the Pokemon game's instruction manual says

Pokemon White's instruction manual said:
first.WARRANTY LIMITATIONS
THIS WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY IF THIS PRODUCT: (a) IS USED WITH PRODUCTS NOT SOLD OR LICENSED BY NINTENDO (INCLUDING, BUT NOT
LIMITED TO, NON-LICENSED GAME ENHANCEMENT AND COPIER DEVICES, ADAPTERS, SOFTWARE, AND POWER SUPPLIES); (b) IS USED FOR COMMERCIAL

It says right there that using an AR (aka a game enhancment device) voids the warranty on your game. If they have to point it out then obviously it's important to them.

Also. How do we have an RNG thread if that's not allowed either?

Because as others mods/admins here have said, RNG is currently and probably will stay allowed on this site.

Last edited:
For some people, AR is their only way to clone; they don't have access to two DS's and two game's. And Serebii didn't just ban AR cloning, he also banned using "DNS Servers", meaning you can't even GTS clone Pokemon without ribbons. And now, you can't even use Pokecheck. I see no use to continue here, other than with my partner.

All three of you, bobandbill, skittyonwailord, and Green Blockhead, don't know the trading department and how it is now, which is the reason I'm so upset now. The way it was, it relied on fast and easy cloning, which AR could provide. With that gone, I suspect it will come to a grinding halt. But, if you want to make these forums worse, more power to ya.

@Bobandbill, trading has taken a new meaning since you've traded; it now is cloning to receive another person's clone. Who wants to give up their PCNY Wish for another event? No! You want to keep both events. That's the way it has been.

@Green Blockhead You don't have a trade shop. You hardly come to the Trading forums. I've hardly seen you offer anything. I don't get why you'd bring this up other than you're mini-moding, which last I checked, is against the rules as well.

But really, it doesn't matter what i'm saying here. In my mind, my shop is closed here. My new home lies on Neoseeker, where mods actually get involved with the community and everyone respects one another. I just have to find a way to move along here because I don't want to leave my partner.

So good riddance.

~Rayce

For some people, AR is their only way to clone; they don't have access to two DS's and two game's. And Serebii didn't just ban AR cloning, he also banned using "DNS Servers", meaning you can't even GTS clone Pokemon without ribbons. And now, you can't even use Pokecheck. I see no use to continue here, other than with my partner.

Well that just sucks for you now, doesn't it?

All three of you, bobandbill, skittyonwailord, and Green Blockhead, don't know the trading department and how it is now, which is the reason I'm so upset now. The way it was, it relied on fast and easy cloning, which AR could provide. With that gone, I suspect it will come to a grinding halt. But, if you want to make these forums worse, more power to ya.

By your logic, the forums were already worse when cloning/AR was shunned throughout the site. And I don't even have the power to make these forums worse, I'm just a regular user. The only thing I ever did was bring up the fact that a rule was being broken for so long behind moderator backs.

@Green Blockhead You don't have a trade shop. You hardly come to the Trading forums. I've hardly seen you offer anything. I don't get why you'd bring this up other than you're mini-moding, which last I checked, is against the rules as well.

For someone who claims he is a polite and honest trader, this is a snooty and pathetic comment. I was never mini-modding, I simply brought up the fact that a rule was being breached behind moderator backs. I could have just PM'ed a moderator, but there were many trade shops who clone using AR. And your points about my own experiences in trade shops are irrelevant.

But really, it doesn't matter what i'm saying here. In my mind, my shop is closed here. My new home lies on Neoseeker, where mods actually get involved with the community and everyone respects one another. I just have to find a way to move along here because I don't want to leave my partner.

So good riddance.

~Rayce

Good for you and good riddance right back at ya, pal. Rulebreakers like you won't be missed.

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
Was the rule being broken behind the moderators' backs though? That would imply that not a single moderator knew that AR cloning was occurring and I'd be astonished if that was the case; AR cloning is widespread in the trade shop forum. I think what's happened is that the rule against AR cloning wasn't being enforced until this thread brought it up.

bulba bulba saur

bullllbbbaaaaaasaur!
For some people, AR is their only way to clone

I agree. It does cost a lot of money to have 2 Ds's and two game's. Why wouldnt you be able to use A.R? I mean, its not the end of the world.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

@Bobandbill, trading has taken a new meaning since you've traded; it now is cloning to receive another person's clone. Who wants to give up their PCNY Wish for another event? No! You want to keep both events. That's the way it has been.

So good riddance.

~Rayce

I dislike that you think that just because we dislike cheating means we don't get involved in the community. We most certainly do. In fact, it's for the community that we take a stance against cheating

CameronSt

Awakened
You don't even need to clone or hack, when you hack it sort of takes the fun away, boom all pokemon, shiny, max iv's and ev's then what do you do?
I dislike that you think that just because we dislike cheating means we don't get involved in the community. We most certainly do. In fact, it's for the community that we take a stance against cheating

I know right, that didn't even make sense. The serebii websites are 8192 times better than neoseeker, he will probably be back once he figures out how much better serebii is.

munchlaxguy

The Rolling Thunder
You don't even need to clone or hack, when you hack it sort of takes the fun away, boom all pokemon, shiny, max iv's and ev's then what do you do?

I know right, that didn't even make sense. The serebii websites are 8192 times better than neoseeker, he will probably be back once he figures out how much better serebii is.
I could not agree any more^^^^

Cloning via third-party devices as a form of hacking is a rather subjective topic. There will always be people who agree, and people who don't. Joe is one of those who look at it as hacking, so be it. If he wants to ban the use of "non-Nintendo authorised devices/ programmes", let him. It's his site after all. Traders here who've been using AR, DNS Manipulation etc. to clone can always move to other Trading Forums. At most, Trading on SPPf will die out temporarily, but after a while, people will return to using AR and DNS Manipulation sites on SPPf, and the mods probably wouldn't even notice.

Why people who don't know what they're talking about say things like this is beyond me. Seriously.

Myrrh

Why do you members against cloning via AR and the like want it completely gone from the forums? Can't the AR cloners do their own thing and the "legit" cloners do theirs? Both groups can simply make sure they are trading with others who feel the same way. I do realize though that Serebii himself does not want it this way, so I guess my question is a worthless "what if?".

[. . .] just because we dislike cheating means we don't get involved in the community. We most certainly do.
Now this is insulting to me. How can you say you're involved in the Trading Community?
The blacklist says hi. It's been a day now since anyone has posted a response.
Starting here, a thread is still being bumped. OP is clearly away, yet it's not closed yet.
How about this, can you give me an example that shows you are involved?

In fact, it's for the community that we take a stance against cheating
AR Cloning isn't considered cheating though. That's what really shows how out-of-tune you are from the trading community. With all my respect, Mr. Merrick, I suggest you appoint a mod who actually knows what they are doing for once (and can put it into action).

The only mod I really respect, admire, and can call a true trader here is SkittyOnWailord, and they may not have any respect for me after this post. They are involved in their TCG community and actually help in their Tech Help forum. They refrained from posting in a blacklist case because they felt they had some bias towards one of the traders. They actually made an effort to trade with me, even though we had polar-opposite timezones. They respond to people's requests to change a shop title or close a thread within a day. It is something you don't normally see in the trading community. If anyone may deserve a promotion, let it be them. They are the true mod.

Obviously, no one's going to respect me for actually giving my opinion. Everyone seems to be a mindless robot, and half those don't even trade regularly. It seems so unfair that one idea brought up by one person who isn't a regular trader can affect the entire community that has been trading for years. There's a reason the English colonies broke from Britain. They didn't get representation for their laws / taxation. I feel I am a colonist now, and I have no representation, and an overpowering empire is laying a huge tax on me. If I could rebel, I would. But right now it's more like peaceful demonstration, because that's the most I can do.

...oh, and I heard through the grapevine what you did to Bond697. He didn't deserve that, he deserves much more than I could ever give. Maybe one day reason will finally be restored here, and people will finally learn to think for themselves.

munchlaxguy

The Rolling Thunder
People that don't even trade have no business in this really.. it's been allowed for so long now but since some whiny douchebags are so butthurt that they don't give a damn who they screw over because they don't like cloning and thinks it should be enforced in the whole site and frankly these 2 can go to hell and blow me. stupid pricks who honestly think cloning is hacking when it's not. neoseeker always will be better since you don;t have the kind of idiots there like you do here. frankly i hope some hacker dos this site

This had to have been the rudiest and has the worst grammer i've ever heard in my life.