• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

trade-with-yourself.com

TheOriginalOne

オリジナル
Hi! I was thinking about a huge problem that I've always had that delays my pokedex progress: trading with myself! I can rarely find someone to loan me another nintendo (and I won't buy another one!), so that's why I, and many other people, consider that a problem.

Well, I already know that I can do it through the GTS, so I've already used that method some times. But there are 2 problems: I can just do it with seen pokemon, and it can be accidentaly traded away.

So, I was thinking about it, and suddenly I came up with a way of solving the second problem: some of us (including at least one expert in complex codes) could all together start a website named "trade-with-yourself.com", consisting of the following:

- The website page would ask you to insert details about the GTS trade that you want to make with yourself (the versions, the name of the trainers and the friend codes). Then,after the details were entered, it would say "Thank you. Your petition will expire in one hour";

- The page would also say (in all the pages) a special DNS number: you should pick your nintendo, go to the wi-fi settings, then disable "auto-obtain DNS server" and insert the code in there;

- Now, when you go to the GTS with one of your games (less than one hour after you inserted your games data on the website, otherwise a comunication error will be reported), no one else will be there; a cloud will be created just for your 2 games after you deposit a pokemon, so that no one else outside can do anything about it. From that moment on, in order for your pokemon not to disappear, the 1 hour limit will be gone until you manage to empty the cloud (receiving the pokemon from the other game and then picking the other one with the first game, officially ending the trade);

- If you want to repeat the process, just return to the computer and insert your data again. If you don't choose this option, please remember to return the wi-fi settings back to normal.

So, what do you think?
Who's in?

Please PM me or post in this thread if you're interessed: you should explain if you're going to make the code (I know this is possible: my idea is based on the concept of this cheating website, which allows you to receive any pokemon you want through the GTS, only that this time it isn't about cheating) , if you're willing to pay for the website (if no one chooses this option I'll do the website myself in that simple way where there's no money to pay; but keep in mind that I still need help), and finaly, some other ideas to customize the website, just to make it more atractive.
Then, after you inform me about what you're going to do, if you choose the code part or the extras part, after you do it PM your info to me (I'll then verify it and PM it to the responsible, or, in case I show up as the responsible, I'll try to use that right away).

So, I repeat: who's in?

Last edited: