• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trades you regret

jskylinegtr

Sabine Cerrado and Angela Ken Rojas fan.
What trades do you regret the most? I have never made a bad decision to trade away an overpowered Pokemon for a very weak one. i usually trade away low-mid level shinies in the GTS for level 100 non-Shiny Pokemon.

Scammel

Not a trade per se, but I cleared my Pearl save data to give to a young family friend. I forgot that I had a shiny Machoke on that save file.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Ahh yes.....trading a shiny pokemon to this girl who ended up a serious jerk to me years later >_<;;;

I hate that i did that xD

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Accidentally trading my Pixilate Sylveon by mistaking it for my other Sylveon.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
When I traded my shiny Spinda for an event legendary

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
A trade that didn't happen is one I regret. I was at an event and someone was apparently sharing a japanese meloetta card that would show up if you did mystery gift in the area. I wasn't aware something like that could have happened so I was hesitant on getting the meloetta. Apparently people in the know said it was possible (so assuming it wasn't some hack thing) and someone I knew got it but it was gone by the time I tried getting it. I wish I traded for that meloetta as it would have been more special than just the one we got eventually. I regret that and meloetta has become kinda dampened in my mind because of it.

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
I have one regret involving Pokemon trades. I remember putting up a Meditite on the GTS in White and asking for a Chimecho. I completely forgot to look back at it and one day, we had a change in our Wi-fi and I couldn't get my DS Lite to connect to it anymore, although the Wii could still use it just fine. This also caused me to miss out on some Mystery Gift events. I never got it working again and eventually Nintendo Wi-fi Connection was discontinued. Since the trade was really simple, I assume there was a Chimecho waiting for me, which would be gone forever now.

Kage-Pikachu

Spending nearly four hours trading ALL my Pokemon from Platinum to Soul Silver only to have my Soul Silver (along with my Sonic Colors) stolen...

No shinies or anything but such a huge waste of time.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
trading a legit event dancie for some pokemon and turning down a cloned version of it to leep for my dex.

Back in gen 5 before Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect were officially released, I found someone online who wanted to hack them for me since I desperately wanted them for my living dex. I traded him a shiny Tentacruel, shiny Swalot and shiny Altaria for them

Luckily over the years, I caught new shinies of all three of them (and got legit versions of the mythical pokemon). Still felt stupid long after that and regretted it until I got a shiny Altaria a few weeks ago which was the last one I didn't "recover" yet.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I know the feeling. I traded a shiny for an event in Gen 4, my second ever shiny(and first truly random shiny), Spinda, for Deoxys. Not only would I eventually get Deoxys events later on, but a game where I didn't even need an event

jskylinegtr

Sabine Cerrado and Angela Ken Rojas fan.
Trading a Shiny event Level 100 Metagross with Metagrossite for someone else' Shiny Level 100 Metagross with Metagrossite. Thankfully, this trade has been reversed because another trade occured to send back the Pokemon to the original owner.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I traded away a shiny snorunt I bred and evolved into glalie. I really wish I had kept it, it was a shiny I had really wanted and was glad when I got it after seven months of breeding. I forgot if it was wonder traded or traded on-line.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
Kind of regret trading my White's Kyurem for a Japanese Ditto...but this is why I still have my old games to play that fixes the broken-ness by putting them into the 3DS to get the time-based and season based events and Pokemon work again so I'll bounce back.

xEryChan

Demon Child
I, myself, don’t have any but my cousin, Bryant, does. He had a shiny Galade from Platinum and he traded it for what he thought was going to be a level 100 Snorlax but got a level 1 Munchlax instead. I felt so bad for him when he told me that.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
One trade I regret is trading off a Tapu Lele on the GTS so I could get a Porygon2 to complete my Alola Dex in Pokémon Sun. I couldn't get someone to trade with back then so I resorted to the GTS and Porygon2 was really hard to obtain if you didn't have a reliable trade partner.

Kage-Pikachu

I regret getting frustrated with Wonder Trading and stooping to their level by trading a Magikarp, I got a shiny Eevee right when I did that, I felt so bad for that. Also, Wonder Trading crappy Pokemon but getting a level 5 Ho-oh, I felt like I slapped them in the face, but has a level 5 Ho-Oh ever been legal?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I regret getting frustrated with Wonder Trading and stooping to their level by trading a Magikarp, I got a shiny Eevee right when I did that, I felt so bad for that. Also, Wonder Trading crappy Pokemon but getting a level 5 Ho-oh, I felt like I slapped them in the face, but has a level 5 Ho-Oh ever been legal?
I think it might be with the Dream Radar app that connected with BW2. You could get a legit Lv 5 Genie in the game so I think it is possible.