• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trading Between LG and Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlusleMinun

Plain Trainer
Okay, I gave the Ruby and Sapphire to Celio on One Island in my LeafGreen and today I tried trading between LG and my Sapphire. It didn't work. Is there anything else you have to do? It just said "Please wait..." for like 10 minutes and then I pressed "B" for Cancel. PLEASE HELP.

B

Bloodstar

Did you make sure the cable was in tight enough? Or maybe the games just hiccuped... Try again. =\

Mega Trickster

Blargagh blargh
Also make sure you're using an offical Nintendo cable, if you don't have one you can buy them for like $7 or something.

pugman3000

Pokemon Veteran
You have to have the National Dex if I remember correctly. You might want to check and see if you have it.

MagmaEmperor

Lets Crack Some Head
pugman3000 said:
You have to have the National Dex if I remember correctly. You might want to check and see if you have it.

If he gots the Ruby and Shappire then he must have the National PokeDex

Pikamiki

PokeTrainer Miki
it could depend on which type of cable you are using. when trading from pokemon games i had 3 different types of cables which wouldnt work with the games because they werent produced by nintendo.

Levski

Josh trainer
My link cable isn't the official Nintendo one but it still works. If Celio's machine is working you should be able to trade. Maybe your cable is dirty - try again, I don't see any reason for this problem.

Starfishy-chan

Ghost Trainer
final answer said:
Just jam your cable into the Gameboy and push really hard.:)
Ow. I'm always afraid I'll break it if I do that. xD

Did you beat the Elite Four on your Sapphire? I tried trading between my Emerald and FireRed, but couldn't because I didn't have my National Dex on Emerald. D=

If you do, then try blowing in your cable/wireless adapter. Sometimes it gets dust stuck in it. :B

Wyndigo

Orange Champion
You don't have to beat anything on Sapphire to trade, just on LG. I trade eggs between LG and new Ruby games all the time.

Mine does that sometimes. But that's because it's an unoffical one that doubles as a GBC cable. :p There's a switch on it that changes it from GBC to GBA and it sits idle if it's set to GBC. See if yours is simular.

If not, it might be busted.

~Milotic~

Platypus
you need to:

obtain the ruby and sapphire and give it to celio
defeat elite four in both games
get the national dex in both games

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
~Milotic~ said:
you need to:

obtain the ruby and sapphire and give it to celio
defeat elite four in both games
get the national dex in both games
No, you don't. This is a mixup between Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald that I've seen all too often on these forums.

All you need to do to trade between Ruby/Sapphire and Fire Red/Leaf Green is get the Network Machine on One Island to Link Level 2 by giving Celio the Ruby and the Sapphire in your Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green game. Once you trade a Pokemon that is not in the Hoenn Dex to your Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire game, your Pokedex in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire will upgrade to a National Pokedex.

In Emerald, as well as upgrading the Network Machine in Fire Red/Leaf Green, you must also get the National Pokedex in Emerald from Professor Birch after you defeat the Elite Four in order to be able to trade between Emerald and Fire Red/Leaf Green.

PlusleMinun, since you have Sapphire and Leaf Green, you seem to have fulfilled all the conditions necessary to trade in between the two games. I can only assume that your Link Cable may be faulty, or if you're trying to trade using the Wireless Adapter, it won't work because the Wireless Adapter is incompatible with Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire.

Eszett

one love
This'll seem rather obvious, but make sure you're not using a cable designed for the older Gameboy series. Yours should be gray with a purple cube-shaped adapter in the middle.

Which varieties of GBA are you using to trade? The Micro requires specific adapters or the specific cable to allow it to work.

M

muffineater

hate to break it to all of you but you do have to beat the elite four on both trading games in order to trade from r/s to fr/lg or from e to fr/lg. it say that somewhere on the main site.

Nightcat

abover poster=WRONG.
You're thinking of emerald. What to do in LG:
Beat the E4
Get the national dex
Give the ruby and sapphire plates to Celio.
Things to do in Sapphire:
-----------

And make sure the link cable is right like everyone else said.

w3 a53 t3h 1337. ;197;

M

muffineater

well i do agree with you about hte link cable but thats what i had to do with r/s to trade to fr/lg and they are not fake games.

Status
Not open for further replies.