• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trading or battling?

Battling or Trading?

• Battling - "I'm so game!"

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Trading - "Trading is my thing!"

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Shiny Hunting - "SHINY SHINY SHINY!"

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Playthroughs - "TAKE THAT N!" >:3

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Challanges - "Nuzlocke ROX!"

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Fan girling/boying - "Brock is sooo hot!" XD jking

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Classic pokemon gaming - "The first gens are my fav"

• Egg hatching - "Masuda method, IV breeding, I <3 'em all!"

• Other - "I like ___________ most"

• See results - "Let's see what everyone else says." (BTW if u chose this no cookie for u >:3)

• Total voters

EmiiLava

Joltik Queen <3
I like both, but which do you like more?

cantab

I don't really do much link or WiFi stuff at all. I like just playing the games. Some relatively light restrictions make things interesting, like a monotype or a no-evolution run, but I haven't in the past got on with Nuzlocke or Scramble.

One thing I do like as well is a successful RNG. I have a few RNGed Pokes. Never used them or even trained them, and quite possibly never will, but it's nice to know that that Pokemon is as good as it can be.

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
I do both, but I prefer battling. It's a way for me to pass time (and I find it relaxing)

Aegon

I like playing through the game itself and RNGing exceptionally interesting Pokémon.

probably a tie between battling, and raising my battle pokemon (breeding, tutoring, EV'ing etc.)

ConfusedEevee

Time Gear Thief
to be honest, I like to battle, but competitive battling intimidates me. All of those strats. that I'm suppose to know, and that Smogon stuff. It's not the EV training, because I've done that. Its also because I can never win on random matchup, but I do like to battle with my friends, but they're easy to beat ;)

Mostly I enjoy playthroughs. I like them the best because they are relaxing and I don't have to worry if I lose (like in nuzlocke)

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
I just like training the most, not just EV training, but plain old leveling up as well. It's a time killer and it is strangely calming.

Challenges: the Diving Body Press Project (and believe me, it has been a PROJECT) has extended my Black's replay value by who knows how many months (possibly until even after Grey comes out), but more importantly, it has made breeding and trading fun for me, and the metagame interesting (to the point that, sometime down the line, I might actually do the competitive battling thing).

123fakestreet

Metalopolis King
Battling by miles but on PO because I really cannot be bothered with training / breeding / hunting for stuff. I'd rather spend the time I would spend getting the pokes perfecting the team. People sometimes say I take too long team building. I must say I agree but then my team isn't easily stopped.

Also I find battling enjoyable but coasting a 4 or 5-0 vs someone who's just started out isn't fun. Climb the ladder and start using unusual stuff in teams like ice gem Terrakion for Gliscor. Thats where things really get fun IMO. Also when it reaches the point when your opponent is double switching you and it becomes a game of psychology. Thats fun too.