• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Trading questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazingTrainer

I want to evolve my scyther since no one else i know has silver/gold anymore, is it possible to trade him to yellow with the item and trade him back to silver and he'll be scizor?...keep in mind i know that we can't trade new generation to old. But let me know if you can have it evolve when it comes back to you, please. Thanks

Palamon

Silence is Purple
No I don't think so you can do that In r/b/g/y you can't evolve sizor >_> only in the g/s/c versions of youre game

mew801

no sorry i dont think that would work because you have to trade it to a game that has that pokemon in its pokedex. so in other words you would have to trade it to another g/s/c game. sorry i know its very annoying lol.

Ammako

Palamon and Mew 801, you didn't understand.

(S)he didn't mean to evolve it when it gets traded to Yellow, (s)he meant that when it would be traded back, since it's holding metal coat, it would evolve.

To answer your question: I don't know, you should ask someone that tried.

IIMarckus

Palamon and Mew 801, you didn't understand.

(S)he didn't mean to evolve it when it gets traded to Yellow, (s)he meant that when it would be traded back, since it's holding metal coat, it would evolve.

To answer your question: I don't know, you should ask someone that tried.
The answer is still no. If it evolved you would still be in the trading room with a monster that does not exist in R/B/Y. Yes, I have tried it.

Aptenodytes

IIRC, you can't even attach an item onto Scyther in the first place when you are trading with the first generation games. Either way, as others have stated, you cannot evolve a Pokemon using this method.

IIMarckus

IIRC, you can't even attach an item onto Scyther in the first place when you are trading with the first generation games.
Actually, you can. Items use a byte of memory that exists but is unused in RBY, meaning that they can be traded with no ill effects.

TobiasBR

Shiny Lover
IIMarckus is right, when you send a pokemon holding an item to R/B/Y the item will remain with that pokemon until you remove, no matter which item it is. But the thing is that you can't evolve new pokemon using the first generation games because if they evolved you could send them back to R/B/Y as you are inside the trade room, this would cause a glitch, to prevent that you can only evolve 2nd generation pokemon trading between 2nd generation games.

Status
Not open for further replies.