• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Tragic End to a beloved School

G50

No longer posting
This past week during the Thanksgiving Holliday, a deal between Bally Total Fitness and LA Fitness was being finalized. Unfortunately, TMA (Total Martial Arts), which was owned by Bally's had been kept in the dark this whole time during negotiations. Masters just found out on Tuesday/Wednesday without much notice that TMA was not in the deal and that they will be fired on November 30th. Students were told on Tuesday and Wednesday that TMA would no longer continue, and that all Classes and Testings were cancelled.

This has caused quite a bit of chaos. Many, Many students had to pay for a December Black Belt/Deputy Belt/Low Belt testing plus a Kukkiwon certificate and now are completely confused and have no contacts. Everybody is in much disarray right now. Fortunately I have been one of a few students able to get in touch with a Master to make sure I am able to receive what I achieved during TMA's final test.

---

This is definitely a terrible thing to happen to all of us involved. Hopefully this chaos doesn't get worse.

I wanted to get some non-TMA members' thoughts on this.

BellyDrum

Wow that's awful :( If enough people complain to LA Fitness complain about it, perhaps some justice can be brought to the whole situation. If there really were 500 students backing the program and all of them protested against this (and I would think the program itself made some decent money), I would assume the outburst would carry some weight to at least get refunds issued.

Sorry to hear about the TMA. Unfortunately, this type of thing happens a lot. :/

Chaser26

Pokemon Long Vet
Well, Bellydrum, my thoughts are linked up with yours. If you can get enough students (Of varying ages?) to protest and back each-other up, I'm sure they will do something to help. You really have to take action though.

Well at least give them a refund. That's my two cents.